file Halim's Laibach Treaty

16 Feb 2013 21:53 - 16 Feb 2013 21:54 #45322 by Juggernaut1981
Attack Plan:
Regular frequent bleeds for 1 or 3.
Minion Deprivation by minion theft from my prey and Minion Borrowing from my Predator.
Superior Numbers (aka The Russian Method... 5 men, 1 gun)
Action Overload.
Vampiric Disease. This is all about dropping blood off minions by proxy. Putting it on minions with Temptation will give me a way to potentially deliver the Disease Counters forwards. Also, the untap from Temptation will drain blood faster and get the minions to the point where they can be taken most turns, forced to hunt and then borrowed by me to go forwards.

Defence Plan:
Deflection, deflection, deflection...
Don't Spend. Cheap minions with Govern the Unaligned. It is not really intended as a bleed card except maybe in a lunge.
Minion Borrowing. Use my predator's minions to go forward. That potentially drains my predator's blood and can buy me time.

Deck Name : Halim's Laibach Treaty
Author : Juggernaut1981
Description : See above.
Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 3 max: 6 average: 5.66667

3x Halim Bey 6 DOM SER obf tha Follower :4
3x Muhsin Samir 6 DOM THA aus pot Tremere:4
2x Black Lotus 5 DOM aus obf ser Follower: 4
2x Masika St. John 3 THA Tremere:3
1x Ankh-sen-Sutekh 6 PRE SER obf Follower :4
1x Cohn Rose 5 THA aus dom pre Tremere:3

Library [76 cards]

Action [22]
6x Cryptic Mission
6x Govern the Unaligned
6x Revelation of Ecstasy
4x Temptation

Action Modifier [24]
6x Change of Target
4x Mirror Walk
8x Truth of a Thousand Lies
6x Venenation

Combat [8]
8x Theft of Vitae

Master [14]
3x Dominate
5x Treaty of Laibach
4x Tribute to the Master
2x Vampiric Disease

Reaction [8]
8x Deflection

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 16 Feb 2013 21:54 by Juggernaut1981.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2013 07:41 #45326 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Halim's Laibach Treaty
Why no Form of Corruption? Doesn't that card fit perfectly to the deck because you take over a minion with low blood and not capacity?

Baron of Frankfurt

More
17 Feb 2013 08:32 #45329 by Amenophobis
Nice deck. B-)

I would probably add a Hunger Moon, to ensure the vampires whose blood you are siphoning off with Cryptic Mission/Vampiric Disease are not huting all the time to thwart your plans. I have seen this counter tactic to Temptation being pulled off successfully quite often. :(

As a big fan of FoS, I'd try to utilize Obfuscate a bit more, where possible. Sure, your Tremere don't have much, but you can use Cloaks and Veils to give out stealth to your non-Obfuscate minions. An Elder Impersonation at the right time works wonders...

Crpyt wise, I'd try to squeeze in a copy or 2 of Amenophobis (naturally ;) ). He has already normal Obfuscate and has a nice bleed special, that could be of use some of the time. If you could increase the numbers of Temptations, his card-drawing special could help mitigate the DNR of Mirror Walk.
Form of Corruption is a must.
Revelation of Ecstasy are a bit tricky. It seems that you need either lots of them, or they will have not much of an impact. Unless you put also Revelations of Desire in. Those really rock - unbouncable bleed boost which costs no blood at superior, and normal +1 bleed at inferior. Quite good for responsible bleeding.

-2 Govern
+1 Hunger Moon
+1 Form of Corruption (possibly 2)

I hopt this is constructive feedback.

More
17 Feb 2013 09:09 - 17 Feb 2013 09:11 #45330 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: Halim's Laibach Treaty

Nice deck. B-)

I would probably add a Hunger Moon, to ensure the vampires whose blood you are siphoning off with Cryptic Mission/Vampiric Disease are not huting all the time to thwart your plans. I have seen this counter tactic to Temptation being pulled off successfully quite often. :(

hem, vampiric disease says "An afflicted vampire cannot gain blood by hunting. " so you must be playing with forgetful people.
And if hunting is a defense against temptation, the better for you. You tempt your predator's main vamps and if they hunt instead of bleeding you, I'd say it's a nice trade-off.

I would not play hunger moon, because I surely want to gain blood myself when hunting (you never know !). I would certainly use this card in a free states rant deck though :)
But, your mileage may vary.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 17 Feb 2013 09:11 by Reyda.

More
17 Feb 2013 09:57 - 17 Feb 2013 10:06 #45332 by Juggernaut1981
RE: Why no Form of Corruption?
Because of the comparatively low bleed amounts in this deck, I don't want to give my prey reasons not to tap their minions. I want them to be going forwards. Plus, with some of the ideas others are throwing around about the effect of Villein on play... stopping players from going forward seems counter-intuitive to a mid-to-late game GW.

Last edit: 17 Feb 2013 10:06 by Juggernaut1981.

More
17 Feb 2013 10:17 #45333 by Juggernaut1981
RE: Vampiric Disease + Temptation
With VD any time a minion untaps, they burn 1 blood. So... the plan is this:
Pick a mid-to-small vampire of my predator. They lose a blood in their untap to untapping from VD. Then they do their "thing" (possibly another blood). By the time you get to two Temptation counters, they should be down to same blood. You steal the vampire, untap them (burning a blood with VD), and do something that is likely to get you blocked forwards (say a nice fat GtU forwards? or burning a Path?) dumping VD there. Which will probably get VD passed further around the table. But realistically they cannot hunt with the VD on them, and Temptation allows me to drive them down to 0 faster, which means that I will either:
a) Have a predator's minion that is frequently hunting to stay out of the way of Temptation.
b) A predator's minion on low blood who may be regularly borrowed with Temptation.

I would be deliberately targeting minions based on their disciplines (just in case they have DOM, SER or THA)

Temptation
Type: Action
Requires: Serpentis
Cost: 1 blood
[ser] (D) Put this card on a ready vampire; you still control this card. During your master phase, you may put a counter on this card. During your minion phase, if the number of counters on this card equals or exceeds the amount of blood on this vampire, you may burn the counters to untap this vampire and take control of him or her until the end of the turn.
[SER] As above, and add a counter when you play this card.

Vampiric Disease
Type: Master
Master.
Put a disease counter on any vampire. Each time a vampire with a disease counter is in combat at close range with another vampire, the second vampire gets a counter as well. An afflicted vampire cannot gain blood by hunting. When an afflicted vampire untaps, he or she burns a blood or, if unable, burns the disease counter. A vampire can have only one disease counter.

RE: Revelation of Ecstasy
I am not expecting all of them to work, that is also why I have 8 Venenations and Change of Target. Ideally, I'd love to take a cardless bleed action, drop Venenation, Change of Target and then try a Revelation of Ecstasy or maybe a Temptation backwards.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds