file Huitzilopochtli and his Baali friends

29 May 2013 10:11 #49229 by Gilaelin
Lately I have had a feeling that I'd like to build again a deck using Ashur Tablets and multiple master phase actions. Last time I played ashurs with Kiasyd bleed and before that with Anson, so I wanted to try something new this time and so picked up Huitzilopochtli which I have always liked a lot but never played. My first thought was to do a Huitzi + IC -deck but as that deck is being seen relatively a lot I wanted to do something slightly different. Besides I have never played Baali-deck, so I wanted to try that too. It's probably easy to argue that this deck would run better with Cybele and g4 but being able to play dominate and specifically Obedience is a strong option that speaks for g2. This deck is built to tournament use and specifically into Finnish meta that has slightly more block and rush combat than in "an average meta". Also, a full Chirstopher Shy -crypt is of course a big bonus. :P Anyway, like last time with my Kiasyd ashurs I am again not confident with card ratios with a deck that runs ashurs and as I have never actually played Baali I might have missed something. So feel free to comment and tell what to change.

How do you intend to oust?
Power bleed with multiple minions.

How do you intend to keep from being ousted?
Bloat with Ashur Tablets, Villein and Tend the Flock. Obedince and Majesty are the combat defence with Direct Interventions. DI's can also be used to cancel the crucial votes. In the early game the deck might die horribly screaming to a fast Malkavian or Kiasyd bleeder but 4 bounces with the master bloat tech should somewhat help.

What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)?
Huitzilopochtli + two or three other vampires.

What do you want your average turn to look like?
In the early game bring up Huitzilopochtli. In the master phase play Villein + Ashur Tablets + Tend the Flock to bring up other minions and to bloat. Then bleed with all minions as fast as possible.

What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play?
A Slightly more combat and block than in avarage meta as well as many big cap stealth voter decks around here.

Deck Name: The Black Satans
Description: Power bleed with Ashur Tablets.

Crypt
5x Huitzilopochtli 10 AUS DAI DOM OBF POT PRE, Baali: 2
2x High Priest Angra Mainyu 8 dem ser DAI OBF PRE, Baali: 2
2x Giotto Verducci 7 for pot pre DAI OBF, Baali: 2
2x Mary the Black 7 cel obf pot DAI PRE, Baali: 2
1x Sargon 5 cel dai obf pre, Baali: 2

Library (75 cards)

Master (27)
6x Ashur Tablets
1x Coven, The
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Giant's Blood
1x Jake Washington (Hunter)
1x Metro Underground
1x Parthenon, The
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
5x Villein
6x Tend the Flock
2x Direct Intervention
1x Ruins of Charizel

Event (1 cards)
1x Anthelios, The Red Star

Action (9 cards)
1x Entrancement
1x Social Charm
5x Public Trust
1x Unleash Hell's Fury
1x Heart of Nizchetus

Action Modifier (23 cards)
3x Cloak the Gathering
5x Sense the Sin
2x Elder Impersonation
3x Faceless Night
5x Lost in Crowds
1x Spying Mission
2x Psychomachia
2x Bonding

Reaction (11 cards)
4x Deflection
1x Wake with eavening's freshness
4x Obedience
2x On the Qui Vive

Combat (2)
2x Majesty

Combo (2 cards)
1x Murmur of the False Will
1x Swallowed by night

:MYT: :DOM: :OBT:
Sweet is the wind as it gently blows
The day away and the night time comes
Great are the wonders that silence shows
I fall asleep and I dream of the sun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2013 11:34 - 29 May 2013 11:35 #49232 by porphyrion
definitely run a Veneficti. it makes for a great addition to any infernal bleed deck! (infernal servitors less so because they're removed from the game after they bleed once so you can't recycle them through ashurs.) maybe 1 or 2 I am legion instead of Cloak (all your guys have :obf: anyway) and a permanent intercept location like KRCG or wall street/sportbike? another 1 or 2 Dreams of the Sphinx help you mill through your deck even faster and might help.
Eyes of Argus + Bloodstorm/Undying Thirst might also do wonders. 1 surprise copy of Flames of the netherworld perhaps.
Last edit: 29 May 2013 11:35 by porphyrion.

More
29 May 2013 12:15 - 29 May 2013 12:24 #49233 by Kraus
You really should check out Kaymakli Fragment as well!

vtes.pl/card/342037

It's a killer for Baali.

I'm not that convinced about Bonding in this type of a deck. There's only 1 vampire that can use it properly, where bleed should be handled by everyone. What Huitzli could do, however, is Govern down, or rather Enchant Kindred down. Imagine pulling up Giotto or Mary costing only 2 pool. It's a real deal, mate!

I'm more of a fan of Swallowed by the Night in this kind of a deck than Cloak the Gathering or Faceless Night. Faceless is suberb, yeah, but you could go with 2 only; the same goes for Cloak the Gathering, I'd argue. You have loads of good stealth options in there. But seriously, only one Spying Mission? Without Hide the Heart you might do some serious misousting with your bleeds. Pile up on survival stuff (don't misoust, use combo cards for manouvers) until you can tune up the deck midgame with Ashurs. That's what I'd do.

You should've learned by now; an S&B without Sudden Reverssal? :) Mate, you're playing MMPA! Sudden's reeeealy crucial.

What I'd do is make room for another Entrancement and add some Enchant Kindred (or Govern the Unaligned if you're feeling like it), and add the Sense the Sin count to 7. It's so good a card, seriously. You could block a stealth rush or Ossian recruit, use obedience, and still have Senses left for insane bleeds.

Veneficti and Unleash Hell's Fury are a must include.

It's a good thing you didn't spam Psychomachia. It's a cool card but some Baali beginners have the tendency of relying on it a wee bit too much. It's pretty conditional.

Giotto Verduci is insanely good. Use more of him. Seriously.

Also, where's your Mylan, mate!?

Other than that, this looks really solid. Just put it in practice. Real nasty tournament stuff.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 29 May 2013 12:24 by Kraus.

More
29 May 2013 12:30 #49235 by kombainas
From my personal experience playing Kaymakli Fragment on Midget (a 3-cap Infernal !Malk, with 8 Sybil Tongues in the deck, if you know what I mean ;) ):

It did wonders when the meta had relatively no combat. Otherwise, I'd read that card "Only relevant if this minon is infernal. Every minion, controlled by other methuselahs on the table must attempt to enter combat with this minion." All for gain 2 pool/3 transfers per turn. So my advice about it, play 1 as cornercase or leave it out altogether, unless you can seriously protect it.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds