file Silly deck : Scooby Doo Gang

23 Nov 2013 02:44 - 23 Nov 2013 14:48 #56926 by prunesquallor
I saw an old post of Darby's (he was contemplating a build that wouldn't work, based on Hell Hound) that inspired me to make the following nonsense.

It actually won a 4-player game last night with the build listed below. Needs a bit of tuning. Great fun when it comes together. Best it can really hope for is 2 ousts though.

Part of the point of the deck is that I think that Animal Allies (Underbridge Stray, or from Demdemeh) need a rule or errata so that they cannot use equipment or retainers. It is great fun to have an Underbridge Stray with J.S. Simmons computer hack to bleed for 2, get blocked, prep a Molotov Cocktail, burn its leather jacket to live through the opposing strike, have another dog provide a press, and inflict 2R agg. However, it's also ridiculous to the point where it detracts from the game.

In my win last night, I got one oust after my prey got used to not getting pressure for me, and tapping out with only one untap. I had spent most of the game building a strong bleed hand, so I was able to bleed for about 11 or 12 and take him in one turn. Then, in the heads up, my opponent was a presence obf stealth bleed deck that was pretty beat up. I blocked a hunt or two, usd a Cocktail; when he only had 2 minions and 3 blood left, I dropped the Frontal Assault and he conceeded. Lucky placement and good timing I guess, but it was great fun to see it actually work.

How do you intend to oust?
Mid or late game lunge against a prey that overextends, and/or overwhelming them in the late game.

How do you intend to keep from being ousted?
A little bounce, and dogs to block.

What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)?
2-3 vampire plus lots of dogs

What do you want your average turn to look like?
Use Freak Drive or Leather Jacket to make sure a couple of minions are up to block. Build retainers and jackets. Bleed opportunistically. Throw and early Molotov Cocktail to inspire my enemies to be cautious around me.

What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play?
A lot of combat, some stealth bleed

What problems have you observed with the deck in play?
Too many intercept locations, needs more bounce, needs some blood gain. Target Vitals would be great. Murmur isn't really good with this crypt. Could drop a couple of Freak Drives.

Deck Name: Scooby Doo Gang

Crypt (Capacity min=4 max=8 avg=6.5; 12 cards)
=================================================

2x Bobby Lemon 4 pro ANI Gangrel:3
2x Faruq 8 dom for pot ANI PRO Gangrel:2
2x Gabrin 8 dom for ANI CHI Ravnos:2
2x Natalia 7 chi dom for ANI Ravnos:2
2x Sanjo 6 abo chi ANI FOR Akunanse:3
2x Sarisha Veliku 6 chi dom ANI FOR Ravnos:2

Library (60 cards)
=====================

Master (13 cards)
4x Blood Doll
1x Channel 10
1x Charisma
2x Dominate
1x Frontal Assault
1x KRCG News Radio
1x London Evening Star, Tabloid Newspaper
1x Mob Connections
1x WMRH Talk Radio

Event (1 cards)
1x Unmasking, The

Action (7 cards)
3x Computer Hacking
4x Govern the Unaligned

Equipment (6 cards)
6x Leather Jacket

Ally (10 cards)
8x Underbridge Stray
2x Vagabond Mystic

Retainer (2 cards)
1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
1x Mr. Winthrop

Action Modifier (8 cards)
1x Conditioning
6x Freak Drive
1x Tainted Spring

Reaction (2 cards)
2x Deflection

Combat (9 cards)
3x Dodge
6x Molotov Cocktail

Combo (2 cards)
2x Murmur of the False Will

Created with Secret Library v0.9.4b. (Nov 23, 2013 05:24:16)
Last edit: 23 Nov 2013 14:48 by prunesquallor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2013 02:54 #56927 by prunesquallor
Sorry, thought I was posting in the Deck Clinic. If a Mod could help me by moving it there, I'd appreciate it! Sorry about that.

More
23 Nov 2013 07:03 #56938 by ReverendRevolver
The most unreasonable thing about this deck is that you are playing Faruq ;)

More
27 Nov 2013 20:54 #57177 by Dorrinal
This deck is hilarious. I think maybe I would take out 1 or 2 leather jackets and add a carrion crows and tasha morgan. Murmur of the false will is definitely worse than deflection here. Drop a couple of the media locations for on the qui vive, maybe?

Woof!

:trem:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds