file Is Parmenides playable atm.?

18 May 2014 06:20 #62496 by Joscha
I wonder if I can add Parmenides to my Steely Tenacity rush deck. With that many Villeins played at the moment I doubt that I get him back with much blood after the first turn. What do you think?

Parmenides, 4, CEL qui, Assamite, 2, [FN:PA]
Independent: When you move Parmenides from your uncontrolled region to your ready region, your predator takes control of Parmenides until your next untap phase. +1 strength. (Blood Cursed)

Baron of Frankfurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2014 07:18 #62497 by Zenedar
I've played Parmenides a couple of times and I think he's an okay vampire. Sometimes he'll get villeined to 1 and then bleed you but hey, he's worth the risk in my opinion :D In my deck I make sure to influence him first when my predator hopefully doesn't have cards to abuse him too much.

And the Blood Cursed trait is not a curse. It's a blessing! :)

More
18 May 2014 10:46 #62501 by ReverendRevolver
Hes been in my Anson deck since it was built. Hes great. My Anson deck is celerity guns second trad, and i use parmenides, sarah brando, jimmy dunn, victor tolliver, and then 4 anson, 3 volker, and marcellous.

So, if Anson doesnt show up, and its a rough table, my B team takes alot of risks, since its often only volker who can block well.

At least once Parmenides has been irriplaceable. Anson was eaten one table, so i had a torped volker, Parm, and sarah. Parm had no gun. I put down my preys Al(gods witness) by rushing and punching the shit out of him. One turn of not even having my deck working and i ran through enough red cards and caught a prett tooled up vamp in the dirt with just Parm at a time when the 4 player table was heads up and Al had just done his scary agg while acting.

Hes solid. Typicaly, you get bled for one by him, or maybe he gets blood knocked off. Ive never had him abactor hunt and die, but thats the most heinous thing that can happen (aside from maybe getting violently rushed by an assamite predator and losing 2 minions for a turn due to self rescuing and or hunting if theyagg you and spend lotsa blood doing it)

Hes great. Lots of good smallish midcap assamites with celerity, and hes easily the one i use just as a dude with CEL even at 4 pool and a drawback basically making it 5 pool total, because he gets the dirty jobs done if shit goes south. So many weenie/midcap celerity guns builds have shit out on me in casual games and hes gotten that one fame dunk vp, or kept me alive by backrushing Gilbert Duane and dunking without needing 2 pool for a gun.

I feel like im reccomending him for a job or something, but hes promo i think, so kind easily available, and hes great support. Hes easily top ten supporters, up there with neighbor john, nicomedes, iliana, and that BH chick that untaps and lets you see hands.

I like him better than steely tenacity ;)

More
19 May 2014 05:25 - 19 May 2014 05:26 #62527 by Joscha
@Reverend: Yeah, I know that Parmi is a good Vampire with his +1 strength and CEL. He definitely get things done, right. The question is: Is he playable in the current meta?

@Zenedar: I also think it is good he cannot diablerize. I think losing 3 blood to a Villein boosting your predator + maybe 1 pool to a bleed from Parmi is a huge price for his advantages. Or am I wrong and people save their Villeins for their own minions, who are probably of higher capacity and thus giving more pool?

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 19 May 2014 05:26 by Joscha.

More
19 May 2014 06:41 #62528 by Juggernaut1981
If I had Villeins and you had Parmanides brought out I would take all 4 and give him back after he hunted. Bird in the hand is better than waiting for the Edge to kick in when your prey will have a minion when you're done.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
19 May 2014 07:07 #62534 by alek
too risky IMO

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds