file Cobra Council

06 Oct 2014 12:11 - 06 Oct 2014 12:13 #66065 by Haze
Cobra Council was created by Haze
I feel like this deck is pretty strong, but I've only played one tournament in the past year so I don't feel too secretive about it anymore. I offer it here for anyone who might be interested in trying it out or modifying it for themselves. If you win with it, I'll be satisfied. Besides, I'm not sure how long Anthelios will remain legal.

The concept was stolen borrowed from something I saw Selen Turkay playing once. I recalled it and thought, "it's pretty good, it just needs a GIANT LASER CANNON attached to it," because Rev Council decks seem to be my thing.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 16, Max: 16, Avg: 4)
12 Aabbt Kindred :for: :pre: :ser: :cap4: :fose:

Library: (65 cards)

Master (25 cards)
1 Anarch Railroad
1 Barrens, The
1 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Fear of Mekhet
1 Fortschritt Library
2 Garibaldi-Meucci Museum
1 Last Stand
1 Opium Den
2 Parthenon, The
1 Pentex Subversion
9 Presence
1 Seattle Committee
2 Tribute to the Master
1 Twilight Camp

Action (16 cards)
1 Fee Stake: Boston
1 Fee Stake: Corte
1 Fee Stake: Los Angeles
1 Fee Stake: New York
1 Fee Stake: Perth
1 Fee Stake: Seattle
6 Mesu Bedshet
4 Waters of Duat

Action Modifier (8 cards)
3 Awe
3 Bewitching Oration
2 Daring the Dawn

Political Action (11 cards)
2 Anarch Salon
4 Consanguineous Boon
1 Firebrand
1 Patsy
2 Revolutionary Council
1 Rumors of Gehenna

Equipment (1 cards)
1 Sargon Fragment, The

Event (1 cards)
1 Anthelios, the Red Star

Combo (3 cards)
3 Form of the Serpent

HOW TO USE:
Get some Aabbt Kindred out. Put a Presence skill card on each of them to turn them into 5 caps. Now play Mesu Bedshet for guaranteed 2 free blood on the next snake. Become Anarch and play Fee Stakes for baron titles. Play Waters of Duat to get some 1-cap bleeders and anarch vote fodder.

Like usual, you pretty much win the game when you can call & pass Rev Council, and you have Garibaldi to recycle it back into your hand every turn. For style points, use Anthelios to recycle Last Stand so nobody else gets a turn. Remember, eliminate first the players who actually have a chance at stopping you, even if they're cross-table.

Play patiently, stay alive until you're set up. But once you're set up, don't screw around building up more snakes forever. You have to recognize that moment when everything clicks into place and nothing's stopping you from scoring the VPs.

VARIATIONS:
the Waters of Duat aren't highly necessary to the deck. now that I think about it, using them is really greedy, and costs too much time and blood. Remove them (and Patsy), and replace with cards to protect the weaknesses. add Protected Resources, since it's now impossible to bleed. get Voter Caps if that's your style, or whatever you consider top-tier. Also some more tech to go Anarch, since I keep forgetting to add more of those in.

the Sargon Fragment is also kinda greedy and expensive, but I put it in just in case something horrible happens. one set of Ashur Tablets would probably do the same job just fine though.
Last edit: 06 Oct 2014 12:13 by Haze.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HG.fi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2014 12:37 - 07 Oct 2014 12:38 #66153 by Wand
Replied by Wand on topic Re: Cobra Council
the idea is interesting but, in the moment your political actions go away, you will only hunt for bloat with the aabt kindred. You should put at least one or two nefertitis, so you can D act with the cobras. Mesu bedshet can help to get nefertiti. She will be important on late game, when you get rid of all your political and other actions, when you need to bleed.

I would also put 2 protected resources on this deck. Since you can't bleed with the cobras, protected resources is a good defense against bleed. You will have the luxury to burn it on late game when you put nefertiti on the game, but initially it will be great to mantain your pool safe.

Archbishop of Vitória
Last edit: 07 Oct 2014 12:38 by Wand.

More
07 Oct 2014 15:39 #66165 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Cobra Council
Running out of pool damage is not really an issue since he can just use his museum to get his revolutionary council back over and over, and he really don't need to use it that many times anyway. I had a very similar deck that I played in a tournament also. It didn't work overly consistently though as most of the time either had heavy stealth bleed behind me that just ran me over, or so much titles everywhere that couldn't pass anything.

More
07 Oct 2014 19:37 #66177 by jpas
Replied by jpas on topic Re: Cobra Council
I've had a similar type of deck with using superior serpentis just for the awesome of having Aabbts, Form of the serpent and Cobra fangs in the same deck. With Velvet tongue from Unaligned it's just become more viable. Would need some more Aabbts and Protected resources...

Love it, can't go wrong with Aabbt!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds