file New Violence

09 Nov 2014 00:59 #67315 by Alex O
New Violence was created by Alex O
Deck Name: New Violence
Author: Orzulak
Description:
Contract fun with Unaligned tech and DOM for bleed defense. Oust by hammering prey with Priority Contracts and Anathema to bring out 3 minions. Loss for bleeds and blowing up annoying toys. Stay alive with Deflections and other contracts on predator. Slow to start w/o acceleration. Would consider this for tournaments with an Info Hwy and 1-2 Zillahs Valleys but what to edit? Also considering heavier stealth and reducing to 25-30 combat cards.

Crypt (13 cards; Capacity min=4 max=11 avg=8.69)
================================================
1x Badr al-Budur 5 cel dom qui OBF Assamite:2
2x Lucas Halton 10 qui AUS CEL DOM THA Tremere:3
3x Rebekah 9 AUS CEL DOM OBF QUI Assamite:3
1x Thelonius 4 aus dom tha !Tremere:2
3x Thetmes, Caliph of Alamut 10 dom pot CEL OBF QUI Assamite:2
1x Ur-Shulgi, The Shepherd 11 aus CEL DOM OBF QUI THA Assamite:2
2x Yazid Tamari 8 ani dom obf CEL QUI Assamite:3

Library (90 cards)
==================
Master (14)
3x Blood Doll
2x Fame
6x Priority Contract
2x Sudden Reversal
1x Villein

Action (8)
2x Clandestine Contract
1x Graverobbing
5x Loss

Political Action (3)
3x Anathema

Equipment (1)
1x Bowl of Convergence

Action Modifier (2)
2x Conditioning

Reaction (17)
6x Black Sunrise
6x Deflection
3x On the Qui Vive
2x Open Dossier

Combat (37)
6x Dam the Heart's River
5x Flash
5x Focus the Blood
6x Sanguine Entrapment
5x Taste of Death
5x Taste of Vitae
5x Thin Blood

Combo (8)
4x Blood Awakening
4x Resist Earth's Grasp

Created with Secret Library v0.9.4c. (Nov 9, 2014 03:57:45)

:salu: :OBE: :FOR: :AUS: :THA: :PRE: :obf:
Agitate Responsibly, but Influence Unduly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2014 11:55 #67318 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Re: New Violence
The anathema angle seems janky and not worth the effort it takes to support it, especially since you are primarily rushing your prey. If the deck is set up right you can use govern for your crypt acceleration along with some dreams, info highway, and maybe zillas.

Sanguine entrapment is not a very good card, it is better to play a card that does something rather than a card that maybe doesn't let your opponent do something. Open dossier isn't worth the slots, it is too narrow of a card. I would also cut back on taste of death a lot, leaving one or two. Now you are at about 80 cards, making it easier to draw what you need.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
09 Nov 2014 19:43 #67321 by Alex O
Replied by Alex O on topic Re: New Violence

The anathema angle seems janky and not worth the effort it takes to support it, especially since you are primarily rushing your prey. If the deck is set up right you can use govern for your crypt acceleration along with some dreams, info highway, and maybe zillas.

Sanguine entrapment is not a very good card, it is better to play a card that does something rather than a card that maybe doesn't let your opponent do something. Open dossier isn't worth the slots, it is too narrow of a card. I would also cut back on taste of death a lot, leaving one or two. Now you are at about 80 cards, making it easier to draw what you need.

SE is stronger in tournament play, to set up efficient ToD strikes. Open Dossier can go, 2 is not enough. Anathema can go unless I go for more vote push with Alamut. OK with 5 spots open I would add Governs, which nobody seems to block.

:salu: :OBE: :FOR: :AUS: :THA: :PRE: :obf:
Agitate Responsibly, but Influence Unduly.

More
09 Nov 2014 22:01 #67322 by HG.fi
Replied by HG.fi on topic Re: New Violence

Sanguine entrapment is not a very good card, it is better to play a card that does something rather than a card that maybe doesn't let your opponent do something.

Is Immortal Grapple "not a very good card"?

Both Immortal Grapple and Sanguine Entrapment address a major problem:
"If my opponent packs S:CE, all my other red cards are useless, and my deck strategy dies a horrible, lingering, painful death."

Besides, Sanguine Entrapment is perfectly cyclable and doesn't jam your hand, even if your opponent's combat strategy makes it useless. I'd say it's worth it.

More
10 Nov 2014 01:11 #67325 by brandonsantacruz
Sanguine Entrapment
Combat

Only usable before range is determined. A vampire can play only one Sanguine Entrapment each round.
[cel] [qui] The opposing minion cannot strike: dodge this round.
[CEL] [QUI] The opposing minion cannot strike: combat ends this round.

Immortal Grapple
[Combat] Combat

Only usable at close range before strikes are chosen. Grapple.
[pot] Strikes that are not hand strikes may not be used this round (by either combatant). A vampire may play only one Immortal Grapple each round.
[POT] As above, with an optional press. If another round of combat occurs, that round is at close range; skip the determine range step for that round.

(I added the bold text for emphasis)

comparing these two cards at basic:
Only usable at close range before strikes are chosen. Grapple.
[pot] Strikes that are not hand strikes may not be used this round (by either combatant). A vampire may play only one Immortal Grapple each round.

Only usable before range is determined. A vampire can play only one Sanguine Entrapment each round.
[cel] [qui] The opposing minion cannot strike: dodge this round.

Being easy to cycle can be good or bad. If you have to play a card (i.e. Sanguine Entrapment) in the pre-range step you may not know your opponent will have/use their .44 magnum they may conceal. If you need the card to win combats you don't know if someone can maneuver away, S:CE (more common than dodge in my experience), or nasty hit-back. If you run lots, then I guess you may want to cycle them quickly. In any case it requires two disciplines, one of which is qui (harder to come by than potence, for sure).

Immortal Grapple at basic does not enhance basic hands for one combat, but it does prevent a lot of defensive as well as offensive combat cards. Majesty? Dodge? Breath of Thanatosis, breath of the dragon, mercury's arrow, song in the dark, etc.? Nope, not this round. It requires only potence, one of the most common disciplines. More than one one cap has potence vs only one with qui and zero with cel/qui(not counting Web of Knives Recruit, who is actually a three-cap and also has basic potence(Ha!)).

At superior grapple just plain prevents both of the things that CEL QUI does, but prevents both of those at once (dodge, S:CE). You also get a press and range is set to close for the next round. You may choose to press to end if needed. Take that Walk of Flame!

While I still prefer Psyche! to both Immortal Grapple and Sanguine Entrapment I do think that it is funny that the new assamite card requires the CEL of the old one, but also QUI to get the same result almost all of the time.

Alex, sorry if it feels like we thread-jacked your deck post. What do you think about this?

You mentioned "efficient ToD strikes," which I thought were impossible because you always have to control range. I do see how your deck works towards some consistency with range + ToD, though. 5 flash, 4 resist earth's grasp. Focus the Blood does seem like a helpful card, I just don't see how ToD is the best choice for it. Maybe with some .44s or sniper rifles and reliable blocking. This is why I am maybe more interested in the black hand assamite crypt- better blocking power. Combat happens from rush or blocks and blocks are more efficient as a means to enter combat (how many times can a minion act in a turn vs how many times can they block? One requires more cards to win.)

-Friedrich Nietzsche

More
10 Nov 2014 01:37 - 10 Nov 2014 01:38 #67326 by brandonsantacruz
I forgot to mention that almost all weapon strikes are prevented by grapple, where almost none are prevented from Sanguine Entrapment.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edit: 10 Nov 2014 01:38 by brandonsantacruz.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds