file World play

16 Jan 2015 01:44 #68670 by delangen
World play was created by delangen
Hi I will be introducing a new method of play, this weekend to my goup designed to get new players involved and solve some inbalances mostly of deck creation and card accesibility. For whatever reasons; some people either just have bad deck making skills, lack of cards or time. sO trying to get new players is all but impossible no matter how coool the game is, it takes a really long time to get into it. So I've made some tweeks to get the normies who don'T have time or want to collect or create their own decks. I,m looking for people to plal out my idea and give me some feedback as to the flow and concept, please reserve any comments until after you've tried to play it please!! So here are my World play rules followed by the first world deck I created... rather quickly and using the cards I actually have so keep that in mind.

Vampire World Play

Three main decks center of table, 1 world crypt 1 world Master 1 world Minion.
Each player has 30 pool as usual, each player draws 4 vampires from world crypt and 7 cards from the world minion deck.

Seating and who starts first is determined. And 1 card is drawn from each deck and placed face up by the starting player. Any face up card in the center of the table can be played as if from your hand as per normal rules. If ever there is no face-up world card one is drawn and placed face-up.

Untap phase is resolved as normal.

Master phase now resolves like this:
Play a master card from your hand(or the face-up world master card) ending the phase. Or draw a master card from the world Master Deck and do one of 3 things : play it, take in your hand (discard down to hand size) or place it face up on top of last face up card beside the Master deck.?? TBD

Minion phase now resolves like this :
Draw a minion card and either place into your hand (discard down to hand size) or place it face up beside the minion deck.
Resolve your minion phase as per normal rules with exception that the face-up world minion card can be used as if from your hand. SO if you use it… move it your ash heap revealing the next minion card.
All Combat, political, reacting, all basic stuff remains unchanged

Discard phase (needs to be tested!!!) is resolved as normal with the exception that any discarded minion card goes in to the world minion becoming the next face-up card?? Might unbalance play a bit?? TBD … played/burned controlled cards go into the players ash heap, burned/discarded master cards go to the world mastercard ashheap in the middle but out of play (not in the face up world, to keep them separate for when cards run out and then reshuffling of them into play is needed).

Influence phase is the same with the exception that you can pay 1 pool to either move the face up vampire to your uncontrolled or move a new unknown vampire to your uncontrolled from the world crypt. Or you can simply spend 4 transfers(no pool cost) to move a new vampire to the face up world crypt.

Methuselahs are no longer ousted with the same results they enter a methuselah torpor state(keeping all in cards but out of play, except ash heap which may be used if reshuffling is required) victory points and 6pool are still rewarded as normal, but next turn and each turn thereafter the player gains 1 pool and if he reaches 10??(TBD) pool he can begin play as normal. Play ends when pre determined time-out occurs or all other methuselahs are in torpor state.

When a deck in the middle of the table runs empty all cards of that type currently not in play plus in any ash heap are shuffled and put back into the world middle. The face up card of any deck is considered in play for reshuffling purposes.

END...

interested in testing how cards are cyled and adjusting the assamite world I created. to follow...

thank you kindly

RjdL

:aus: :dom: :tha: :for: :trem:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2015 01:47 - 16 Jan 2015 22:00 #68671 by delangen
Replied by delangen on topic Re: World play
Deck Name: Assamite World
Author: delangen
Description:
Assamite clan world play

Crypt (48 cards; Capacity min=1 max=10 avg=6.21)
================================================
2x Abd al-Rashid 5 obf CEL QUI Assamite:2
2x Al-Ashrad, Amr of Alamut 9 aus obf CEL QUI THA Assamite:2
2x Al-Ashrad, Amr of Alamut ADV 9 AUS CEL OBF QUI THA Assamite:2
2x Anwar 4 cel obf qui Assamite:2
2x Aziz, Dammar of Istanbul 10 ser CEL OBF PRE QUI Assamite:2
2x Badr al-Budur 5 cel dom qui OBF Assamite:2
2x Bajazet al-Nasir 8 cel for pre OBF QUI Assamite:2
2x Fatima al-Faqadi 8 aus for CEL OBF QUI Assamite:2
2x Fida'i 2 cel qui Assamite:2
2x Harika Guljan 3 QUI Assamite:2
2x Husamettin 8 pot pre CEL OBF QUI Assamite:2
2x Jalal Sayad 6 pot CEL QUI Assamite:2
1x Julius 1 qui ser Caitiff:2
2x Kalinda 6 tha CEL OBF Assamite:2
2x Kanya Akhtar 2 cel Assamite:2
2x Melek 7 cel pre OBF QUI Assamite:2
2x Parmenides 4 qui CEL Assamite:2
2x Parnassus 7 aus tha CEL QUI Assamite:2
2x Qadir ul-Ghani 9 nec tha CEL OBF QUI Assamite:2
2x Tansu Bekir 4 cel OBF Assamite:2
2x Tariq, The Silent 7 cel AUS FOR OBF QUI Assamite:2
1x Tegyrius, Vizier 9 pre AUS CEL FOR QUI Assamite:2
2x Thetmes, Caliph of Alamut 10 dom pot CEL OBF QUI Assamite:2
2x Yusuf, Scribe of Alamut 5 aus obf qui CEL Assamite:2
2x Zahir, Hand of the Silsila 6 qui tha CEL OBF Assamite:2

Library (167 cards)
===================
Master (50)
2x Auspex
2x Barrens, The
6x Blood Doll
2x Celerity
2x Contract
1x Damned, The
2x Direct Intervention
2x Fame
1x Fragment of the Book of Nod
1x Giant's Blood
1x Golconda: Inner Peace
2x Heartblood of the Clan
2x Market Square
1x Metro Underground
2x Minion Tap
1x Oath of Loyalty
2x Obfuscate
2x Path of Blood, The
2x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Police Department
2x Priority Contract
2x Quietus
1x Rack, The
2x Sudden Reversal
2x Thaumaturgy
2x Underworld Hunting Ground
1x Vampiric Disease
1x Vulnerability

Action (24)
2x Arson
1x Atonement
1x Blackmail
1x Blithe Acceptance
1x Blood Clots
2x Clandestine Contract
1x Conceal
1x Cryptic Mission
1x Distraction
1x Ecstatic Agony
1x Erosion
1x Flurry of Action
1x Haqim's Law: Leadership
1x Hidden Pathways
1x Khabar: Loyalty
1x Loss
1x Memory's Fading Glimpse
1x Revelations
1x Rutor's Hand
1x Sacrificial Lamb
1x Songs of the Distant Vitae
1x Violation of Trust

Equipment (11)
2x .44 Magnum
1x Bang Nakh -- Tiger's Claws
1x Bomb
2x Hawg
2x IR Goggles
2x Kali's Fang
1x Palatial Estate

Ally (3)
1x Ghouls of Plaza Morería, The
1x Talaq, The Immortal
1x Terrorists

Retainer (5)
1x Jackie Therman
1x Mr. Winthrop
2x Nar-Sheptha
1x Omael Kuman

Action Modifier (9)
1x Cloak the Gathering
1x Elder Impersonation
1x Faceless Night
1x Forgotten Labyrinth
1x Lost in Crowds
1x Serenading the Kami
1x Spying Mission
1x Veil the Legions
1x Zephyr

Reaction (19)
1x Eagle's Sight
1x Enhanced Senses
1x Fast Reaction
3x Forced Awakening
1x Foul Blood
1x Lost in Translation
1x Mental Maze
1x My Enemy's Enemy
1x Open Dossier
1x Precognition
1x Spirit's Touch
1x Telepathic Counter
1x Telepathic Misdirection
1x Veil of Silence
3x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Combat (42)
1x Acrobatics
1x Apportation
1x Aura Reading
1x Blood Agony
1x Blood Fury
1x Blood Rage
1x Blood Sweat
1x Blur
1x Burst of Sunlight
1x Coagulate Blood
1x Dam the Heart's River
1x Disease
1x Disguised Weapon
1x Fast Hands
1x Flash
2x Focus the Blood
1x Infernal Pursuit
2x Khabar: Honor, The
1x Lightning Reflexes
1x Mercury's Arrow
1x Nimble Feet
1x Preternatural Evasion
1x Pursuit
1x Rapid Thought
1x Sanguinary Wind
1x Side Strike
1x Sideslip
1x Silence of Death
1x Strike at the True Flesh
1x Target Hand
1x Target Vitals
1x Taste of Death
3x Taste of Vitae
1x Telepathic Tracking
1x Theft of Vitae
1x Walk of Flame
1x Weakness
1x Weather Control

Combo (4)
1x Blood Awakening
1x Provision of the Silsila
1x Resist Earth's Grasp
1x Swallowed by the Night

Created with Secret Library v0.9.4c. (Jan 16, 2015 04:46:38)

Last edit: 16 Jan 2015 22:00 by delangen.

More
16 Jan 2015 08:46 #68675 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: World play

Master phase now resolves like this:
or place it face up on top of last face up card beside the Master deck.?? TBD

Minion phase now resolves like this :
Draw a minion card and .... place it face up beside the minion deck.

Do those cards hide the previous face-up card (making that previous card unusable), or do you put it alongside to the previous cards (increasing the number of cards)?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
16 Jan 2015 15:16 - 16 Jan 2015 21:49 #68681 by delangen
Replied by delangen on topic Re: World play
Hi Ankha,

I should have described it a little better but is still in its infancy.

I picture the world (= center or middle of table) starting with

1 world crypt which will have 1 face-up vampire all the time, not sure wether burned vanps will go here underneath or in individual ash heap yet, or even a true death vampire ash heap in the world... will be determined when/if a world deck involving ash heap manipulation is developped and tested.

1 world Master deck with 1 face-up card beside it at all times useable by anyone as per normal, if used goes to its own ash heap (so as to make the reshuffling the master only easier) and any card under now becomes useable as per normal.

1 world minion deck with 1 face up card at all times useable by anyone as per normal, if used goes to personal ash heap and the next card becomes useable.

the mechanics of this needs to be tested which is what this is all about, I originally worried about the face-up card running out but then added the must always have one, so if it is used the next card instantly becomes the next face-up. I imagine really interesting scenarios will pop up. Also need to test wether each methuselah discard phase goes in the world face-up or individual ash heap.

I started alphabetically so that is why Assamite world was created first. I would also like to keep the world themed but donT' know enough about Assamite WOD lore so if any cards don't fit there please let me know too, thanks.

I also really liek being able to use some of the fluff/wall papercards, once they are in the world they will most probably see use... in this case Oath of loyalty, but some become useless until a world is created for them... surprise influence FTW.

And lastly was tinkering with the methesulah torpor idea and might need to increase the pool gain when torporized to 1 pool every other methuselahs turn, might be too long to get back in the world?

Hope it is clearer now.

Thank you kindly/ Merci

First testing went surprisingly well... might need to up the amount of reuseable masters once permanents are in play, recycling through the shuffle limits the variety of masters, but that come swith tweeking the world deck. as for the minion deck once most of the permanents were used the cycling of combat became much more interesting and viable, again tweeking of certain cards in or out will improve and evolve the world.

One thing came up I should probably clarify only cards discarded during the discard phase go/goes on the face-up minion world deck.

I also added a Brujah world deck on secret Library if anyone is interested in trying it out ... would love feedback the more data the better.

Last edit: 16 Jan 2015 21:49 by delangen.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds