file Knowledge is Power (Count Coco and Friends)

28 Aug 2015 21:13 - 29 Aug 2015 00:11 #72789 by David_Mac
Deck Name : Count Coco v3.0
Author : David Mac
Description : This deck is an experiment in Count Joco's ability, and the general usefulness of knowledge of another player's hand in VTES. I figure that if you read out your predator's cards to your cross-table ally, they'll help your ally play better and make your predator a little weaker. I also figure that if you have constant access to your prey's hand and the ability to remove cards from it, you can set your prey up for some massive bleeds.

I'm due to give this deck a run in a day or so- will report back- meantime let me know if I've made any terrible oversights!

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 3 max: 10 average: 6.67
5x Count Jocalo (10):NEC: :OBF: :PRE: :SER: :THA::fose: Follower of Set(group 6)
2x Andre LeRoux (3):aus::tore: Toreador(group 5)
1x Vasily (6):CEL: :aus: :pre: :ser:Prince:tore: Toreador(group 5)
1x Lindsay Yates (5):CEL: :aus: :for: :pre::tore: Toreador(group 5)
1x Masdela (5):POT: :aus: :cel: :pre::tore: Toreador(group 5)
1x Bethany Ray (4):PRE: :aus::tore: Toreador(group 5)
1x Tyler McGill (4):AUS: :pre::tore: Toreador(group 5)
Library [60 cards]
Action [18]
2x Entrancement
2x Legal Manipulations
1x Media Influence
4x Mind Numb
1x Propaganda
6x Revelations

Action Modifier [10]
5x Aire of Elation
7x Call of the Hungry Dead

Combat [9]
9x Majesty

Master [15]
1x Art Museum
5x Auspex
2x Perfectionist
1x Presence
1x Society Hunting Ground
1x Temple Hunting Ground
2x Vessel
1x Wash
1x Wider View

Reaction [8]
1x My Enemy's Enemy
5x Telepathic Misdirection
2x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Recorded with : Sutekh 0.8.6 [ 2015-08-29 ]

How do you intend to oust? Biding time, whittling down obstructive cards with revelations, then going all-in for heavy bleeds when the opportunity presents itself.

How do you intend to keep from being ousted? Pool gain off Vessel, maybe Art Museum. Many flicks in hand.

What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)? Joco and two or three Toreador vamps.

What do you want your average turn to look like? A lot of talking and communicating what my predator/prey have in hand, a lot of waiting for prey's hand to look pretty weak, then a lot of bleeds.

What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play? Wildly varied.

What problems have you observed with the deck in play? Main concern atm is that most cards cost 1 blood to play. It's going to be hard to keep my vamps topped up. Hoping two hunting grounds and perfectionist will be enough to offset this. Will have to be very patient while playing this deck or it'll drain it's vamps very quickly. Another problem is Auspex... if I don't draw into it, my flicks won't fire. This could be a big problem early in the game.
Last edit: 29 Aug 2015 00:11 by David_Mac.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2015 10:35 #72800 by jamesatzephyr

Master [15]
1x Art Museum
5x Auspex
2x Perfectionist
1x Presence
1x Society Hunting Ground
1x Temple Hunting Ground
2x Vessel
1x Wash
1x Wider View

Even with a few trifles, that feels like a lot of masters for such a small deck. Combined with you saying:

Another problem is Auspex... if I don't draw into it, my flicks won't fire. This could be a big problem early in the game.

... it feels like you should probably be tweaking the crypt slightly. This would hurt your ability to use the two Toreador clan cards, but that might be a worthwhile sacrifice, overall. You're essentially only using Presence and Auspex (plus Necromancy with the Count), so the vampires that you've got with only aus/pre feel like a waste:
1x Vasily (6):CEL: :aus: :pre: :ser:Prince:tore: Toreador(group 5)
1x Lindsay Yates (5):CEL: :aus: :for: :pre::tore: Toreador(group 5)
1x Masdela (5):POT: :aus: :cel: :pre::tore: Toreador(group 5)

Vasily is a Prince which is no bad thing, but all of them seem to be a bit expensive for what they're giving you. Perhaps consider either or both of:

1x Amber 5 cel AUS PRE !Toreador:5
1x Lord Ephraim Wainwright 6 for pre AUS THA Tremere:5

That gives you the opportunity to slim out one or more masters.

Also, if you have a bunch of Auspex and like seeing people's hands, have you considered one or two copies of Aura Reading ? Revelations got blocked? See what's in their hand anyway. The superior is also quite useful.

Main concern atm is that most cards cost 1 blood to play.

Does look like an issue, yes.

Possibly:

- Social Charm instead of Legal Manipulations

- swapping out some of the Call of the Hungry Dead for Obfuscate stealth. Your weenies still can't play it, but a couple of Lost in Crowds might give a better result than having to use superior CotHD to fail a block attempt by a guy with a Mr Winthrop. And if you can see what's in their hand a lot, you have fewer risks of being bounced to your grand-prey.

- consider a copy of Giant's Blood to refill Count Jocalo. (That does add a master back, obviously.)

2x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Have you thought about turning one (or both) of them into On the Qui Vive ? Doesn't have a "Do Not Replace" clause, and with so few in the deck, the "Only one between untap phases" restriction isn't an issue - it literally can't happen if you swapped one Wake for one OtQV.

More
29 Aug 2015 20:17 #72802 by DeathInABottle
Given all the :CEL: in your crypt and Jocalo's ability, Precision could be really fun.

More
30 Aug 2015 23:59 #72821 by brandonsantacruz
Your pool gain is too weak. Two vessels will hardly keep up with what you spend, let alone what others may cost you.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds