file Looking for help with derange deck

18 Sep 2015 04:42 - 18 Sep 2015 04:47 #73194 by Elgnat
Hey all!

Im working on a new deck. Im quite bad at designing decks and thought I would ask for some advise. It started as a project to make my power bleed malk 94 less power bleed, but ended up being so different that Im considering it to be another deck. Further, this deck is both a challenge to myself as I usually play more aggressive and crude decks, and also an attempt to meet some friends request that I try something less bleedy. The deck is designed to run at our casual kitchen table, although that is a rather powerful casual meta.

The idea is to oust using the anarch revolts and with the occasional bleed. To keep from being ousted, I hope to get some good bloating going and defend myself with the reaction package.

I imagine my playing area consisting of 2 or 3 vamps with not to much blood on them as I probably will tap them. If need be Ill golconda them and transfer in another one.

The deck has a few tricks up its sleeve. The first is to try and bother my prey with Derange. With derange I can remove the anarch state and force them to loose pool from the revolts. Derange also lets med play malkavian dementia on my preys vamps and use Heidelerg to steal its blood and equipment. If extra lucky, I even get to golconda it afterwards. I can also use derange to negate non camarilla vampires votes. I needed two master skills in case I needed to up the generation on one of my malks for derange to work. Seeing as they where already in, I added to second traditions. Total insanity and the Haunting in mainly in for flavor, but also to mess.

The deck is ridiculously master heavy, but seeing as the villeins are trifles and I, hopefully, get a lot of master phase actions, I think it might work.

Im not sure about the combat package, maybe it should just be some no traces? Also not sure if the reaction package is worth the space. In many ways, its in there cause I find it enjoyable to react, but Im not sure its actually worth it. Sure would be nice to slim the deck down to ~70 cards. Any advise deeply appreciated.

Deck Name: Deranged dementia
Author:
Description:

Crypt (Capacity min=9 max=11 avg=10; 12 cards)
=================================================

3x Cybele 10 ANI DAI OBF PRE SER THA Baali:4
2x Lutz von Hohenzollern 11 pot AUS DEM OBF PRE Malkavian:4
2x Maris Streck 9 ani dem dom AUS OBF Malkavian:3
3x Rachel Brandywine 10 ani AUS DEM OBF PRO Malkavian:3
2x Tryphosa 10 AUS DEM DOM OBF POT Malkavian:4

Library (80 cards)
=====================

Master (30 cards)
4x Anarch Revolt
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
4x Golconda: Inner Peace
2x Heidelberg Castle, Germany
2x Information Highway
4x Malkavian Dementia
2x Obfuscate
2x Parthenon, The
4x Villein
4x Zillah's Valley

Event (2 cards)
2x Anthelios, The Red Star

Action (14 cards)
7x Derange
1x Haunting, The
2x Third Tradition: Progeny
4x Total Insanity

Political Action (2 cards)
2x Rumors of Gehenna

Action Modifier (13 cards)
5x Elder Impersonation
8x Into Thin Air

Reaction (13 cards)
4x Second Tradition: Domain
5x Telepathic Misdirection
4x Wrong and Crosswise

Combat (6 cards)
2x Amaranth
4x Coma

Created with Secret Library v0.9.4c. (Sep 18, 2015 09:41:33)
Last edit: 18 Sep 2015 04:47 by Elgnat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2015 05:11 #73195 by alek
I would start with removing what you called "flavor cards" which are: total insanities and haunting. Not sure what is purpose of progeines here as well.
I would switch all combat cards to no trace and remove some masters, f.e. at least 2 golcondas. With anthelios you don't need that many.
Not sure about reactions, I would probably stick to eyes of argus and some bleed redirection (telepathic misdirection and my enemy's enemy).
And last but not least, with so many permanent bleed bonuses (lutz, cybele, rachel) you probably don't need anarch revolts at all :)
Also with that many votes, possibility to cancel other votes (with derange) and lutz as your friend you shoul play at least few "high capacity" vote cards (reins of power, ancient influence, political stranglehold, some banighments and maybe anarchist uprising/ ancillas).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur, Elgnat

More
18 Sep 2015 10:04 #73204 by Ashur

I would start with removing what you called "flavor cards" which are: total insanities and haunting. Not sure what is purpose of progeines here as well.
I would switch all combat cards to no trace and remove some masters, f.e. at least 2 golcondas. With anthelios you don't need that many.
Not sure about reactions, I would probably stick to eyes of argus and some bleed redirection (telepathic misdirection and my enemy's enemy).
And last but not least, with so many permanent bleed bonuses (lutz, cybele, rachel) you probably don't need anarch revolts at all :)
Also with that many votes, possibility to cancel other votes (with derange) and lutz as your friend you shoul play at least few "high capacity" vote cards (reins of power, ancient influence, political stranglehold, some banighments and maybe anarchist uprising/ ancillas).

I agree with everything alek says. Also consider switching some Into thin air for Forgotten Labyrinth.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elgnat

More
18 Sep 2015 10:35 - 18 Sep 2015 12:53 #73205 by Elgnat
But, you think this concept might work?
I am changing now, out flavor, in political avtions.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2015 12:53 by Elgnat.

More
18 Sep 2015 17:47 #73213 by D-dennis
I have played Lutz + Anarch Revolt for a while: www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=10685

I need to rework it with derange, and make it less vulnerable. In the first few rounds, it eats a lot of pool damage from the revolts. The vote angle is decent (banishment + voter cap). Neonate Breach is essential, it's your best shot to oust the cross-table weenie ANI or AUS.
The Waiting Game is purely for distraction, it does very little.
If you get out an anarch revolt on turn one and two, most players will have lost 6 pool before turn 3. Most decks are not prepared for that. It also puts you in a tough situation, but at least you know what's coming :)

Regarding your deck, i would
- what alek said
- remove anthelios
- consider some anarch converts: for 1 pool it might save yourself from dying to your own revolts
- replace amaranth+coma with S:CE
- add banishment and neonate breach

More
19 Sep 2015 07:10 #73222 by johannes
The main issue I see is you need to influence Cybele first to gain the MPA but then you need Lutz to play Malkavian cards. So 21 transfers, 6 turns before you can even play the Derange that makes up 7/50 non master cards. Derange is great for shutting down votes, but how do you profit? In fact you want votes to pass (because of Lutz) and you don't have any votes yourself.

Derange is an interesting card but it seems quite random here. If all the stars align there are some great tricks in your deck, but most of the time they won´t.

One angle could be to drop the number of masters and make this a Lutz/Malk vote deck with Anarch Revolt. I would advise Majesty as combat package because Lutz or your Anarch (Cybele?) seems a very juicy target.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds