file NRA PAC + Madness Network

12 Feb 2017 13:12 #80658 by Beatrice
Deck Name: NRA PAC + Madness Network
Author: MP
Description:
Equip on each player's turn.

Later use the Chainsaw to rush on each player's turn (use the "equip from another of your minions" action to get ready for the next player's turn after each turn's rush).

Falls apart to quite a few things, obviously - getting blocked a lot, facing some real combat (especially before getting the equipment out), not being able to defend the Network, having the Chainsaw burnt, leaving the stack of stuff on a 2-cap and having someone play Scourge of the Enochians, not seeing the important cards early enough, not having the blood management / Repo Men to sustain the Chainsaw once it's out (for example because it came out too early from the Vast Wealth by accident)...

In any case, it's fun to play!

Some ideas to consider:
- Heidelberg Castle
- Rötschrek -module to deal with bad hombres
- Textbook Damnation + Kaymakli Fragment :)
- I tried Eye of Hazimel + Monster module for a second permarush in an earlier version, but it seemed to push the deck over the level of viable complexity
- A lot of equipment tempt me - how cool would Tapestry of Blood be, hmm? :) But the line has to be drawn somewhere :(

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=2 max=5 avg=3.25)
===============================================
1x Aleph 4 dom AUS Malkavian:1
1x Brazil 2 aus Malkavian:1
1x Dollface 3 aus obf Malkavian:1
1x Normal 2 obf Malkavian:1
1x Ohanna 2 dom Malkavian:2
1x Roland Bishop 4 aus dom obf Malkavian:1
1x Victoria 5 cel obf AUS Malkavian:2
2x Watenda 3 obf Malkavian:2
1x Zebulon 5 aus dom pro OBF Malkavian:1
2x Zöe 3 cel obf AUS Malkavian:2

Library (60 cards)
==================
Master (14)
4x Blood Doll
1x Direct Intervention
1x Filchware's Pawn Shop
3x Madness Network
2x Perfectionist
1x Rack, The
2x Vast Wealth

Event (2)
2x NRA PAC

Equipment (14)
1x Bowl of Convergence
1x Codex of the Edenic Groundskeepers
1x Flak Jacket
1x Heart of Nizchetus
1x IR Goggles
1x Ivory Bow
1x Kevlar Vest
1x Leather Jacket
1x Light Intensifying Goggles
1x Mark V
1x Sire's Index Finger
2x Sport Bike
1x Talbot's Chainsaw

Ally (4)
4x Repo Man

Action Modifier (4)
1x Cloak the Gathering
1x Domain of Evernight
1x Faceless Night
1x Lost in Crowds

Reaction (16)
2x Enhanced Senses
5x Eyes of Argus
2x Fillip
1x My Enemy's Enemy
2x On the Qui Vive
2x Telepathic Misdirection
2x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Combat (5)
1x Disguised Weapon
4x Taste of Vitae

Combo (1)
1x Swallowed by the Night

Created with Secret Library v0.9.4d. (Feb 12, 2017 14:54:43)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha, Cerion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2017 04:46 #80664 by Boris The Blade
Great concept, but your equipment package looks like it is lifted from an Una deck, whereas all your minions can equip. I would rather go for more non-unique equipments. Besides, this is screaming for camera phones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beatrice

More
17 Feb 2017 17:29 #80738 by Beatrice
Replied by Beatrice on topic NRA PAC + Madness Network
Thanks for the comment!

The reason my equipment list reminds you of Una is the need to keep the number of equipments reasonable - the deck also needs the space for cards to both defend the Network and to manage the Saw. Trying to do what this deck tries to do with minimal number of equipments leads to a stack of stuff on one vampire (like in a Una deck) and only a few strong utility cards to spread around.

In any case, your point about Camera Phones is valid, as one should probably have an oust plan besides one contestable bleed permanent. :)

Beyond Camera Phones, though - what equipments warrant their inclusion, with the idea that they could be wielded by someone not holding the Saw?

Some Magnums would be nice to have, but the cost is a problem when they might just pop out from a Vest Wealth. As the deck is, I already need to prepare to spend over 10 pool on the equipment. Some more Leather Jackets would be handy and insurance against not getting NRA PAC, but they threaten with useless Vast Wealth actions when the wealthy minion already has one.

Actually I've almost put a pair of Blood Stones in a few times, but haven't - yet, at least. :) If I felt there was the space, I think Blood Tears of Kephran would be the next card in.

More
18 Feb 2017 02:13 #80746 by Boris The Blade
More leather jacket are always handy because they work even if don't have the NRA PAC. Blood Tears of Kephran is arguably better than Repo Man in this deck: both save you a net 2 blood against the chainsaw, both have a decent side use (prevent / chump blocker), but the Blood Tears do not cost you an action. If you do not play Target Vitals, then there is 0 reason to play Light Intensifying Goggles rather than more IR goggles in this deck: IR goggles stack once equipped, and you don't multi-act. If you do play Target Vitals, then Light Intensifying Goggles + Zip Gun can be deadly, and your Blood Tears can pay for the Zip Gun.

The way I see it, the chainsaw is nice to have, but with that many weenies that can bleed for 2 and be annoying in combat, it should only be a plan B to swarm bleed.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds