file Noob here wanting to play a Tzimisce deck!

11 Oct 2019 10:36 - 11 Oct 2019 10:40 #97336 by Kiddo
I wouldn't take out Revenants. In fact, since you are kinda light on reactions, I'd bring in 2 more (and perhaps swap them with Raven Spys - you lose flavor and the ability to be played by smaller vamps (which you don't have), but Ludmijla pays less for them).

I'd also diversify and expand your reaction module, mainly with 2 My Enemy's Enemy and perhaps 2 more Tel Misdirection. 6 also feels the minimum ammount of Eagle's Sights in a wall deck (however, be aware that you need 'unconditional' wake to use those).

As of now, I believe you have way too many combat cards. I'd also bring in several Changelings and Plasmic Forms (6/2) - you need as many cards with dual roles. Bleed is also always nice.

Speaking of your crypt, even with 2 Dracons in, you really should find a spot for one America Johnson.

EDIT: regarding your card collection: Melds are very cheap to obtain (something like 10/1$) and you might even get them from veteran players. Sense the Savage way is a bit more expensive, but well Worth obtaining, as those are used in multiple decks, across multiple clans. Ditto for Dreams, that is one of the best cards in the game.
Barranquilla is also a card veterans tend to have more than needed, so just ask around...
Last edit: 11 Oct 2019 10:40 by Kiddo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2019 12:23 #97337 by Lemminkäinen
Why not Righteous Endeavour? He has all the clan disciplines at superior and is an 8-cap Priscus. The special is useless but compared to Lady Zara he exchanges the Press for a better title.

Xipe Totec has very useful Specials and a city title to boot but 9 cap is naturally somewhat more cumbersome than an 8.

More
11 Oct 2019 12:39 #97338 by Khaan
Consider mixing in Fiendish Tongue's in addition/instead of some of the Deep Songs for a more defensive approach.

Lackeyname: Kris

More
11 Oct 2019 12:52 - 11 Oct 2019 13:03 #97339 by Bloodartist

On the topic of Crypt Tuning and The Dracon, i was *really* hoping to find a way to make it work even if it is not the most competitive choice. If i had to remove it from the crypt i would basically swap him for a couple more 8-caps, and have Zillah and Highway replaced with more Intercept/Combat cards + another Smiling Jack just as you suggested.

Personal opinion: When you put Dracon in the crypt, you make a DRACON deck. You don't make a generic Tzimisce deck. This means that you will play Dracon as a "star vampire" around which the deck will revolve (I have found 5 to be the correct number of a star vampire in a crypt). The other vampires are small/mid caps that just support, and don't even need to be tzimisce. I have such a deck under works right now.

On the other hand, if you want to make a Tzimisce deck, those 8-cap bishops with superior clan disciplines are perfect. You can afford to bring up multiples, they can play under siege, and they are large enough to benefit from sense the savage way and certain master cards that small caps arent (such as monastery of shadows, for example).

The reason why you need to make this choice, is pool management. You simply can't have enough pool to bring up both the Dracon and multiple 7-8 caps, unless all your master slots are dedicated to acceleration and villeins, and that is investment that is simply not worth it.

Why not Righteous Endeavour? He has all the clan disciplines at superior and is an 8-cap Priscus. The special is useless but compared to Lady Zara he exchanges the Press for a better title.

Righteous Endeavour is a nice Tzimisce, but a PDF vampire only. Some people may prefer to play with real cards :D

ps. You may want to include at least some vampires in the crypt who don't have titles, and who can thus turn anarch if need be. Anarch revolt is still a thing. A popular inclusion is the "new anarch convert", ie. New Blood. He is not tzimisce, but cycles crypt, is sabbat, and can turn anarch due to being a 2-cap.

pps. I recommend you try out the deck before you make further changes. Its probably quite playable already.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 11 Oct 2019 13:03 by Bloodartist.

More
11 Oct 2019 14:16 #97342 by kschaefer

But let's say i want to childishly keep him in (along with the tools to bring him out quickly), do you have any suggestion on how to exploit his presence in the deck?

Then you need more copies and to make him the star. That likely changes what you want to do with the deck.

More
11 Oct 2019 14:36 - 11 Oct 2019 14:36 #97344 by Noraxthuul
Thanks as always for the precious insight you provide.
As suggested i'll try the deck for a couple of matches and then slowly implement every single suggestion to try it out and see out it works out.

I have to ask, since i know next to nothing about this game. What a Dracon star vampire deck looks like? Is it possible to build it while staying true to a pure Tzimisce deck?

Thanks again! You are all being very, very helpful!
Last edit: 11 Oct 2019 14:36 by Noraxthuul.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds