file Sargon Wastes a Minute of Our Time

06 Aug 2021 09:19 #102861 by NoSoup4you
Newest version

I often got 1 or 2 VPs with the original attempt, but I've been gradually transitioning towards playing a little defense. I cut some of the "dead end" actions for Sargon, hopefully leaving him unlocked most turns except for oust attempts. For example, it probably wasn't worth effectively paying 3 pool for Hell's Fury, or 2 pool to get and start using Kaymakli. Veneficti is still awesome. Clan Impersonation could go, but the option of playing Dirt and getting the edge in the same action later is powerful.

Main line of (still casual) defense will be Evil Eye with occasional blocking, and Archon as a speedbump. The downside is that there's no good answer to bumped bleeds for 3. Barrenness backwards is still solid, though hard to choose the right vampire sometimes. Maybe better to hit full vampires instead of trying too hard to build up for the superior.

I threw in a couple wakes too as they're easily cycled, but I'm still worried about diluting the unlock+dirt+stealth combos. Morpheus would be logical, but Qui Vive lets you Evil Eye and cycles better.

The hard part of playing the deck is still having the wisdom to "waste" an Inside Dirt on something besides 3 pool. I've dug myself into a malk 94 playstyle with the deck, and need to convince everyone that it can do other things now. I actually have a lot of freedom in who I target with things, but people here aren't big on deals.

Still wondering: smaller crypt with inferior obf, or midcap version? I'm not getting blocked that often. Also considering a second Shannon here instead of Ox, as 5+3 makes for a good opening crypt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2021 09:21 - 07 Aug 2021 09:23 #102866 by Bloodartist
Ok, looking at the deck with a bit more thought:

Can you explain what is the point of epiphany without any advanced vampires in the crypt?

Barrenness is strange... I never thought the card does much anything. But I guess it might be a local meta thing, if you have lot of weenies behind you often?

I feel like more reliable defense would be more minions with auspex or dominate and bleed bounce..

Only 2 on the qui vive also seems low.

You could also consider the option of infernal servitor. 

I applaud the concept of Sargon + inside dirt though. :)

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 07 Aug 2021 09:23 by Bloodartist.

More
07 Aug 2021 13:42 #102867 by Ankha

Ok, looking at the deck with a bit more thought:

Can you explain what is the point of epiphany without any advanced vampires in the crypt?

It's a "free" action that unlocks the acting vampire. Sargon would give you the Edge by playing it (plus, it's at +2 stealth).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bloodartist

More
21 Aug 2021 07:08 #102952 by NoSoup4you
After a few plays, the more "well rounded" midcap one hasn't performed that well. Evil Eye as your main defense means you're tempted to let cardless bleeds through, and the game is almost unwinnable if you aren't able to get out three vampires. I will probably go back to the smaller crypt relying more on Forgotten Labyrinth. On the other hand, I've made some refinements since then that will still be helpful.

More
22 Aug 2021 10:29 - 22 Aug 2021 10:30 #102967 by Bloodartist

After a few plays, the more "well rounded" midcap one hasn't performed that well. Evil Eye as your main defense means you're tempted to let cardless bleeds through, and the game is almost unwinnable if you aren't able to get out three vampires. I will probably go back to the smaller crypt relying more on Forgotten Labyrinth. On the other hand, I've made some refinements since then that will still be helpful.

If you let a lot of cardless bleeds through, then Charizel is for sure good. Also consider Aranthebes, the immortal. Also, maybe masters that speed up the victory without bleeding such as antediluvian awakening might help. If you don't mind bleeding, consider multiple infernal servitors. 

ps. I didnt realize epiphany was a +2 stealth action. 

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 22 Aug 2021 10:30 by Bloodartist.

More
25 Aug 2021 13:36 #102973 by thelonius reloaded
Why don't you play any Protected resources?

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bloodartist

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds