map-pin Support for larger tournaments from Ultra Pro (Only EU EUROPE)

28 Oct 2021 20:11 - 07 Sep 2022 10:10 #103714 by Lönkka
I recently checked with my contact at Europe's Ultra Pro if they are still interested in supporting VTES tournaments in Europe and they indeed are.

In past they've supported the biggest VTES tournaments like European Championships, Grand Prix Tour and the Nationals (minus the miniscule ones).

I think the support is even further limited to _EU_ Europe.
EDIT Sep 7th 2022: UP are now supporting European tournaments outside of EU if the support can be delivered to a player in EU who is also able to bring the support to the tournament.

In the past processing these requests meant quite a lot of work for me, the volunteer liaison. So from now on, if you want to request Ultra Pro support, YOU as the tournament organizer will need to do the heavy lifting.

Here is how this works:
1) Ultra Pro is willing to give product support (sleeves, deckboxes, protectors and such) to suitably large VTES events in exchange of social media visibility.

2) You need to ponder if your event will be suitably large to qualify for UP support. In past this line has been drawn to around 20 players or so for Nationals and such. Also,"regular" tournaments have been excluded in the past but this might not be the case any longer so if you are hosting a large tournament, say 30+ players, your event probably could be qualified.

3) Preliminary info for application process:
-Post to this thread an application for UP support for your tournament.
-Use the Event Calendar here at vekn.net to make your event. Copy the event address and the details (when, where and by whom plus the estimated attendance) to your post.
-Check the previous similar tournament you organized, if any, from VEKN calendar and copy the link to your post. This will verify the tournaments estimated size.
-Make a social media event for the tournament. This needs to be an event that is visible to everybody, Facebook events etc that are only visible to a closed group's members are NOT acceptable. Include the link to this event in your application.
-Also include other possible and applicable social media etc links to the application.
-Include a way for me to contact you. Email or Messenger are the best choices. If we are already mates, instead just send me a email or a message via Messenger.
I need this contact info as UP will need your contact info in order to send the support (name, address, telephone number and email address -last two for parcel tracking)

4) Attached in this post are two Ultra Pro banners. When you get a notification that your event has been chosen to receive UP support use these in your advertisements (which usually means you'll paste these to the cover pic of your event in Facebook). See an example.

5) You also need to make some posts at the event page about the support.
Social media visibility is the only thing UP wants for their support so it shouldn't be too much to ask to at least take some pics during the tournament and especially at the award ceremony with winners and prize support. Another good subject for posts is to make advance hype by taking pics of the support when it arrives. There is no need to limit yourself to these. And please make such posts in timely manner.

If you are located outside (EU) Europe, I'm sorry but I'm not able to help you in any way. EDIT on Sep 7th 2022: UP are now supporting European tournaments outside of EU if the support can be delivered to a player in EU who is also able to bring the support to the tournament.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Sep 2022 10:10 by Lönkka. Reason: Support via EU players is no also available to European countries outside EU plus addition of the new logo file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Lönkka's Avatar Topic Author
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
29 Oct 2021 10:37 #103717 by mandalaky
Hi

We are interested in getting Ultra Pro support for the V:TES Spanish National tournament next November 27 in San Vicente del Raspeig (Alicante).

Maximum capacity 120 players (at the moment there are 100 pre-registered players)

www.vekn.net/forum-es/discusion-generica/79371-campeonato-nacional-2021-alicante-san-vicente-del-raspeig#103409

www.vekn.net/forum/discusion-generica/79371-spanish-national-championship-2021-alicante-san-vicente-del-raspeig#103409

www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/9921

Spanish National 2017 (35 participants)
www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/8744

www.facebook.com/Vtes-Campeonato-Nacional-Espa%C3%B1a-2021-100399515786847

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
29 Oct 2021 11:22 #103718 by Lönkka
AFAIK the most recent Nacional was held in May 2019 and had 55 players
www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/9156

But the most applicable event would be GP Iberico of March 2020 with the whopping 102 players! Right?
www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/9591

I'll drop you an email.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
30 Oct 2021 06:56 #103720 by emime
Thank you Lönkka!

I would like to apply - if there is still time - for the upcoming Belgian NC.

- Event calendar link:
www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/9913

- Event details:
Date: Saturday, 6 November 2021, 11:30-21:00
Organizer: Emiliano Imeroni (contact established on Messenger)
Venue: Outpost Brussels, Rue de la Tribune 8, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Estimated attendance: about 20 players

- Event FB link:
fb.me/e/1Owp55bIx

- Previous similar events:
Belgian NC 2019 (22 players): www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/9199
Belgian NC 2018 (22 players): www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/8925

Thank you!

Emiliano "Sans Terre" - Wandering Player - Prince of Brussels
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
03 Nov 2021 09:03 #103763 by Lönkka
Emiliano,
unfortunately it would seem that the event has been made to a hidden/secret Facebook group or somesuch and can't be viewed... :/

I have a hard time believing that UP would support such an event.

-Make a social media event for the tournament. This needs to be an event that is visible to everybody, Facebook events etc that are only visible to a closed group's members are NOT acceptable. Include the link to this event in your application.

In light of this, should we make a similar central "umbrella" page on Facebook for European Nationals as I did for Grand Prix?

www.facebook.com/VTES-European-Grand-Prix-103094257946389

The idea behind it was:
A) the page would be same each and every year. Just change the cover pic for the page and you change "VTES European Grand Prix 2019-2021 Season" to, say, "VTES European Grand Prix 2022 Season".
B) Someone (me? OP manager Orian? Tooth Fairy?) would make the needed events for all those Nationals under that centralized page and make the organizers also organizers for that event page so they could modify it as they see fit.
C) this way the events would always be visible to everybody
D) this way the events would be found under the same page and would thus support each other by giving visibility to one another instead being scattered around the Facebook. If someone liked the main page, they'd always get info on all these other similar events thus staying touch on highest level of tournaments.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
06 Nov 2021 07:09 #103810 by Lönkka
Spanish National supported
(and Finnish National also)

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds