file 17.09.2023 - Grand Prix Germany 2023 | Essen, NRW

05 Aug 2023 14:25 - 05 Aug 2023 14:26 #108926 by Hakuron

I was under the impression that the use of proxies was explicitly prohibited form the higher en d of the tournaments, Continental Championships, National Championships and Grand Prizes..

I had been under the same impression, thus I double-checked reading 4.5 of the Tournament Rules and asking Vincent.

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de
Last edit: 05 Aug 2023 14:26 by Hakuron. Reason: Grammar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2023 14:57 #108927 by emime

I was under the impression that the use of proxies was explicitly prohibited form the higher en d of the tournaments, Continental Championships, National Championships and Grand Prizes..

I guess they went for a fully literal reading of the rule: "the organizer of an event that is neither a National Championship nor a Continental Championship can choose to allow proxy cards".

I am of the impression - although I can be wrong - that this rule was written in an era when the Grand Prix did not exist. And by extension/analogy, like you, I always assumed that a Grand Prix was of a higher nature than a National Championship (hence I did not allow proxies in the Belgian GP), but if you are a lawyer then... ;)

Emiliano "Sans Terre" - Wandering Player - Prince of Brussels

More
05 Aug 2023 15:55 #108928 by Hakuron
There would have been time enough to change the paragraph 4.5 accordingly, but this did not happen.
I asked again via e-mail to be on the safe side, and after receiving an okay I left the drcision to the organiser's discretion.
Since there have already been requests for the use of proxies he decided to allow them.

If you wish to discuss whether Grand-Prix tournament should generally be run without proxies, please open up a new thread and do it there. Thanks in advance. ;)

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
08 Aug 2023 20:41 #108973 by MacReady
Hey Lönkka,

I was of the same conviction. After I received some inquiries whether proxies were allowed, I had checked the situation together with our NC Rudolf. As a result, Rudolf had also contacted Black Chantry, who confirmed that proxies were allowed at a Grand Prix. Based on this, I have made the decision that proxies will be allowed.

Best regards

Steffen aka MacReady

MacReady | VEKN 8580064
Prince of Herne | NRW | Germany | ID 557
:ANI: :AUS: :VIC: :cap5: :tzim:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
08 Aug 2023 20:44 - 08 Aug 2023 21:03 #108974 by MacReady
Update 01 - Support by Ultra PRO

Dear Methuselahs,

slowly but surely we are heading towards the Grand Prix in Germany, which by the way will take place on 09/17/2023 in Essen at the White Rabbit. ;)

And slowly but surely it's time to present you the prize support we've accumulated so far. The start is made by Ultra PRO with a considerable amount of prizes:

[img=https://abload.de/img/img_4952ewedo.jpg]

More pictures will follow in the coming days. This much is said: Nobody will go empty-handed!

Until then!

Steffen aka MacReady

MacReady | VEKN 8580064
Last edit: 08 Aug 2023 21:03 by MacReady.

More
08 Aug 2023 20:45 - 08 Aug 2023 20:47 #108975 by MacReady
Update 01 - Support by Ultra PRO

Dear Methuselahs,

slowly but surely we are heading towards the Grand Prix in Germany, which by the way will take place on 09/17/2023 in Essen at the White Rabbit. ;)

And slowly but surely it's time to present you the prize support we've accumulated so far. The start is made by Ultra PRO with a considerable amount of prizes:

File Attachment:

More pictures will follow in the coming days. This much is said: Nobody will go empty-handed!

Until then!

Steffen aka MacReady

MacReady | VEKN 8580064
Last edit: 08 Aug 2023 20:47 by MacReady.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Hakuron

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds