file TWD - Hungarian NC, Szeged (Hungary) (25. Feb. 2012)

28 May 2012 16:18 - 28 May 2012 16:18 #31291 by Lönkka
I don't think the name is a problem but the fact that you have one National Championships (=NC) per year per country.

The problem is that on the tournament reports on this forum, there are the following Hungarian tournaments which all have the term "NC" in the topic:

TWD - Hungarian NC, Veresegyház (Hungary) (28. Jan. 2012)
TWD - Hungarian NC, Szeged (Hungary) (25. Feb. 2012)
TWD - Hungarian NC, Debrecen (Hungary) (31. Mar. 2012)
TWD - Hungarian NC, Kecskemét (Hungary) (22. Apr. 2012)

Checking the event calendar clears the situation a bit; apparently you guys have QUALIFIERS for your National Championships, right?

And all/some of the above tournaments are Hungarian National Championships QUALIFIERS, right?

None of the above tournaments were the ACTUAL Hungarian National Championships yet, right?

The differece/problem here being that the winner of each 10+ player tournament qualifies for European Championships, whereas all the FINALISTS of the ACTUAL Hungarian National Championships qualify for European Championships...

To make the TWD little more easy to read I'd dare suggest that instead of using the term "NC" in the titles for events that are actually not National Championships it might be better to use the term "NCQ" (National Championships Qualifier) if such reference must be made at all. :)

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 28 May 2012 16:18 by Lönkka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
29 May 2012 18:39 #31385 by Raynor
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, you are exactly right. Those tournaments were National Championship Qualfiers, and must be distinguished from the other tournaments held in Hungary, as
- One city can only hold one each given year
- The results are made into a leaderboard
- Some extra entry fee is collected

The collected fee makes the prize support for the finals, which are free to attend, but only the top 40 of the leaderboard can enter (that will probably be reduced to 30 this year due to dwindling numbers of players).

I am once again sorry for the misunderstanding and I will mark the NCQ tournaments of Hungary appropriately from now.

Thank you for your hard work,
Raynor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
30 May 2012 06:38 #31415 by Lönkka

The collected fee makes the prize support for the finals, which are free to attend

We have somewhat similar situation since our ECQ is held at a convention and you're not allowed to charge for events held there but we still need to get the money for 24 or so t-shirts for qualified people since we have eighty-ninetyomething people attending.

Because of this we decided to collect 1 euro/player extra fee for the rest of the events throughout the year. Even this probably won't be enough so I'll most likely have to beg donations from the players attending our ECQ. Or sell intimate favours for a pittance... :blink:

but only the top 40 of the leaderboard can enter (that will probably be reduced to 30 this year due to dwindling numbers of players).

That makes me a sad, sad panda.
Didn't you use to have a humongous player base?

I am once again sorry for the misunderstanding and I will mark the NCQ tournaments of Hungary appropriately from now.

No probs -just trying to keep tabs what is going on (and help Brum out in keeping a list of qualified players).

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
30 May 2012 08:33 #31420 by Raynor
40-50 player tourneys were a common here as well as ECQs and the four seasonal Praxises reaching 90, but since the game has ended (and since most of the university students playing graduated), the playerbase reduced by a significant percent. Some have kids, some have jobs abroad, some never attend tourneys anymore. The huge rise in the price of gas also contributed to the low participation in tournaments held in cities near the border. The ECQ held this weekend saw 45 players, with regulars from abroad, like the Serbian and Croatian players, and that is a lot nowadays, I was quite content with the numbers.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds