file March of the War Ghouls: NAC Storyline (May 31, 2012)

12 Jun 2012 07:00 #32042 by Jesper

Placeholder for Game Reports
- I heard that Table 2 was fun with everyone playing equally bad decks.

I refuse that. BOth making it to the finals and getting a vp in the final ;o)
And no, 28 Earthmeld in a 60 card deck is not too many... Never ;o)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2012 08:57 #32044 by Jesper

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 8 average: 6.16667
5x Al-Muntathir, God's Witness (8):AUS: :FOR: :PRE: :TEM: :obf: :qui:True Brujah(group 5)
3x Al-Muntaquim, The Avenger (8):FOR: :POT: :TEM: :obf: :pre:True Brujah(group 4)
1x Robin Withers (4):dom: :obf: :pre:Ventrue(group 4)
1x Keith Moody (3):DOM:Tremere antitribu(group 4)
1x Jackson Asher (2):dom:Ventrue(group 4)
1x Anarch Convert (1)Caitiff(group 0)

Ehmmm, Pagan, could you reminds me what 75% of 12 is ;o) I was never good a math, so maybe my calculation is wrong ;)

More
12 Jun 2012 10:58 #32046 by Kraus
One thing about the deck: Why would you ever want to include DOM weenies with an AUS star? G4-5 has some excellent AUS cap3-5 vampires.

Yeah, you could always keep you opponents at their toes in case of a surprise conditioning, but to me it's just a wee bit weird. :)

Anyways, a cool deck.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
12 Jun 2012 12:45 #32051 by Pagan

Ehmmm, Pagan, could you reminds me what 75% of 12 is ;o) I was never good a math, so maybe my calculation is wrong

Math counts faster on this side of the world. I fixed the crypt above, left off Ibn Khaldun who replaced Robin to reach 75.

One thing about the deck: Why would you ever want to include DOM weenies with an AUS star? G4-5 has some excellent AUS cap3-5 vampires.

The deck was originally,
5x Al-Muntathir, God'     8  AUS FOR PRE TEM obf qui   True Bruj:5
2x Ankh-sen-Sutekh        6  PRE SER obf               Follower :4
2x Ahmose Chambers        3  obf ser                   Follower :5
1x Zhenga                 5  SER obf pre               Follower :4
1x Sahira Siraj           4  obf ser tha               Follower :4
1x Anarch Convert         1                           Caitiff:0

until I decided to use it for the storyline. The next version was the nine Trujah and three 3-cap AUS weenies using the grouping rule. Then I decided to work a few Autonomic Mastery in to discourage War Ghouls rushing my support minions into the ground and as a nice surprise so I swapped it over to dominate.

Since I wasn't expecting any degenerate bleed decks I figured I could take a few bleeds and didn't need to bounce everyone to survive long enough to wait for a support minion to show up and have a bounce card the star couldn't play.

I made this change almost as I was going out the door to the airport so I didn't think to look for out of group DOM minions or I'd likely have used Gloria Giovanni and Ingrid Russo along with Keith Moody.

More
12 Jun 2012 21:45 #32075 by echiang

At the start of round 1 I remember telling people my deck will be much like the Trujah of V:TM. They'll show up, influence a few things, rant and rave about past transgressions, and ultimately have little impact on the overall events.

Al-Muntathir shows up early and a couple dom support minions, only to see Goratrix as my prey and Saulot as my predator. Sadly they couldn't start the game next to each other.

Saulot quickly gets a friend Euralye and Goratrix found the Ruins of Ceoris. Al was looking for some non-unique equipment to go get but I wasn't finding any in my hand and no one else had discarded anything.

Saulot and Euralye became unblockable by me with Repulsions on them so now I'm just trying to gain pool and hoping some War Ghoul rushes can take down Saulot. A few attempts were made and failed to do any damage.

My game still wasn't too bad as the !Tremere had failed to gain much pool so my small bleeds were keeping them in range. The Ravnos and Osebo were hurting each other too much to be any help to me.

After that point I don't remember what happened but the table fell apart rather quickly to a steamrolling Goratrix.

I never blocked Al-Muntathir because taking a bleed for 1 was preferable than the potential Domain of Evernight + Outside the Hourglass combo.

The Ravnos deck was a swarm deck and the Osebo were having a hard time dealing with all the minions. The Osebo had plenty of maneuvers to stay away from the War Ghouls though as did the Salubri have with Anesthetic Touch.

Turning point was when the Ravnos used a War Ghoul on me which I burned with Autonomic Mastery. That put him within ousting range and the Osebo were ousted soon after.

Key turning point for you was when Saulot played Unburdening the Bestial Soul on Al-Muntathir. You still managed to Heidelberg everything on to Robin, but your game was really shot at that point.

Brujah beat on Trujah who beat on !Brujah who beat on Brujah with the quick exit of my crossable ally who I can;t even remember what clan he was.

Nosferatu Antitribu.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
12 Jun 2012 21:51 #32076 by echiang

until I decided to use it for the storyline. The next version was the nine Trujah and three 3-cap AUS weenies using the grouping rule. Then I decided to work a few Autonomic Mastery in to discourage War Ghouls rushing my support minions into the ground and as a nice surprise so I swapped it over to dominate.

For your 3 "non-clan or non-grouping" slots, did you consider:

Ian Forestal, Synesios, and/or Krassimir?

Of course it would have made your crypt size bigger (with no weenie support) but maybe a Villein strategy could have afforded it? Maybe not Synesios/Krassimir with the scarce cost, but Ian Forestal seems like he could have fit in nicely.

Responding to Kraus, I imagine weenie AUS would have worked nicely: Isabel de Leon, Martin Franckel, Veejay Vinod, Zoe, though they would have been vulnerable to the War Ghouls in a way the dominate weenies (with Autonomic Mastery) were not.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds