file Tournament March 25th 2012 Newark, Ohio

05 Sep 2012 16:15 #36008 by Dr.Mafrune
I really like this Angry Dragon of yours. I would have made it a little less toolboxy, but the ideas brought to the table are pretty inspiring.

Would you like to explain a little bit more how the deck actually worked on the tournament? Did the heavy stoned-inducing actions ( I see kind of shroudy, I´m jailed in my brain) worked ? The blocking-attrition angle ? The "catch the coyote and begin to ravage on it" bloating module ?

:TEM::AUS::DEM:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2012 20:38 - 06 Sep 2012 20:44 #36164 by The Sun Pharaoh
I normally prefer more focused decks as well. The hard thing for me was picking out which of the new cards to put in and which to leave out. The original idea wasto get out Ayealea(prob need more of her in the crypt) or another vamp with Big Auspex, play Scouting Mission, then if they blocked, Croc's Tongue and Tenebrous Form,followed by Bonding. Hopefully, they had burnt 3 blood and were a little less equipped to deal with more of the same. At one point I had Change of Targets and Narrow Minds in as well, but the deck was too clunky. There was Grapple combat at one table and a Fae Contortion/Arms of the Abyss/Entombment combo sent Donal screaming into torpor where he was diablerized by his predators Caitiff. There was also a lot of voting going on, but not much Obfuscate, so I was able to block several key votes. In the finals, it came down to me, a fairly new player named Eddie, playing Brujah Anti Celerity guns, and John Bell, and he was playing grp 4/5 Ventrue with Mary Ann Blair.Blood management was a problem for him all game because his predator was playing Celerity guns/Psyche, but no bounce. I was able to use Shadowed eyes and Riddle Phantastique to lock up 2 of John's 3 vamps, ousted my prey with Mylan Horseed(style points) and then get John. Ive had this deck for over a year and it usually does ok, with some type of answer for most decks, but really fast predators usually can get me before I get tooled up.
Last edit: 06 Sep 2012 20:44 by The Sun Pharaoh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr.Mafrune

More
06 Sep 2012 21:54 - 06 Sep 2012 21:57 #36168 by Dr.Mafrune
Poor Donal... you threw him down directly to the hyenas den. Don´t the brujah like to nurture this vampire outcasts? You see the payoff. XD

Once again, speaking about your deck I was thinking the same way as you. Tremere antitribu is always the answer. Pick them and use infernal pact to learn mytherteria. Mr. Forestal has half the way through ( like always does ).

I was also thinking that the controlling actions aspect could surely benefit with the addition of a pair of pentex subversion. And maybe faerie wards to increase the sense of impotence when they try to get rid of shadowed eyes or the pentex itself.

Last edit: 06 Sep 2012 21:57 by Dr.Mafrune.

More
06 Sep 2012 23:44 - 06 Sep 2012 23:48 #36170 by The Sun Pharaoh
Youre right on Pentex-normally I run at least 1 copy in decks to contest if nothing else, but somehow overlooked it here. Might do a bit of changing around now :P The Ian Forrestal and Infernal Pact would probably do well here also. I had considered Faerie Wards initially, but wanted to run about 15 or more, which is really a completely different deck. I could probably lose the Bowl of Convergence and one of the Ravagers and maybe cut a couple in.... Ill switch out a vamp with Ian and cut the Infernal Pact in for sure though, thanks. Also-forgot to add-in game 1 my prey was playing Tremere Anti Celerity Thaumaturgy combat, and I used Ayelea's ability to steal 2 of his vampires on seperate turns and do mean stuff, like diablerize another of his own vamps, then vote to burn the diablerist. But how often does Ayelea's ability happen?.....lol
Last edit: 06 Sep 2012 23:48 by The Sun Pharaoh.

More
07 Sep 2012 09:23 - 07 Sep 2012 09:44 #36202 by Dr.Mafrune
I remember exactly when I begun playing Vtes at the faculty using Ayelea for the same purpose, when another player coughed take a look at her text. Since then I remember to look carefully at fringe abilities.

I have made the first draft of the tremere antitribu + kiasyd deck.
I tried to focus on the grinding concept mantaining equal proportions of
every type of card. Its quite balanced, but the problem arises from the high capacity of the vampires. With villein it should be not that great issue anymore, but the deck will be a little quite slow. So to improve acting capabilities included a pair of nocturns and eternal vigilance. Another great problem is the consumption of master slots for rising disciplines, which lets you minimum space for powercards and neat pool gain module, but sometimes you have to acknoledge that you are playing weird concept, not tier 1, not even tier 2 deck.

Deck Name : De-loused in Comatorium
Author : Dr.Mafrune
Description :

Crypt [13 vampires] Capacity min: 5 max: 10 average: 7.92308

3x Ayelea, The Manipu 10 AUS DOM OBT THA pre cardinal !Tremere:2
2x Marconius 9 DOM MYT OBT pot archbishop Kiasyd:2
2x Ian Forestal 8 AUS DOM THA !Tremere:2
2x Julia Prima 7 DOM OBT aus myt Kiasyd:2
1x Bartholomew 8 AUS MYT NEC dom obt Kiasyd:2
1x Elena Mendoza Vasq 6 AUS THA dom obt !Tremere:3
1x Kassiym Malikhair 6 MYT OBT dom for Kiasyd:2
1x Beatrice L'Angou 5 MYT aus dom nec Kiasyd:2

Library [80 cards]

Action [11]
1x Eternal Vigilance
6x Govern the Unaligned
1x Magic of the Smith
2x Riddle Phantastique
1x Shadowed Eyes

Action Modifier [16]
3x Conditioning
3x Crocodile's Tongue
1x Foreshadowing Destruction
2x Mirror Walk
3x Shroud of Absence
3x Stone Travel
1x Seduction

Action Modifier/Combat [6]
6x Fae Contortion

Action Modifier/Reaction [1]
1x Murmur of the False Will

Ally [3]
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
2x Nocturn

Combat [10]
2x Arms of the Abyss
2x Earth Swords
2x Entombment
2x Shadow Body
2x Theft of Vitae

Equipment [2]
1x Bowl of Convergence
1x Ivory Bow

Master [16]
1x Auspex
1x Giant's Blood
1x Great Symposium
2x Infernal Pact
1x Obtenebration
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Perfectionist
1x Powerbase: Barranquilla
1x Spontaneous Power
6x Villein

Reaction [14]
4x Deflection
2x Eyes of Argus
1x Eyes of the Night
1x Faerie Wards
1x My Enemy's Enemy
4x On the Qui Vive
1x Telepathic Misdirection

Reaction/Action Modifier [1]
1x Aura Absorption

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Fri Sep 07 13:17:17 2012]

Last edit: 07 Sep 2012 09:44 by Dr.Mafrune.

More
07 Sep 2012 14:53 #36243 by The Sun Pharaoh
Looks pretty solid. Let me know what happens when you play it. I am having to change my mindset regarding deck construction-it's tough for me to build a deck with less than 90 cards, though that is almost always better. As you said, your deck looks like it can be slow, which is a problem with mine. I tend to use big vamps with cool specials a lot, so that isnt unusual, but a really aggressive predator can be a problem. I used Scouting Missions instead of Governs, as you do, because blood management was a bitch, but found myself wishing more than once during the tournamnet that I had more big bleeds other than a bleed for 2 or 3 occasionally. It's doubly frustrating, and probably why I tend to do better with more focused decks-no need to over think or hope I get that one copy of a particular card. I also should have 2 copies of Hungry Coyote in mine; but your copy of Barranquilla is just as good, with only one card, not to mention Villeins. Ill make some changes and post a newer version here fairly soon, but am still working on my Santaleous stops the Villein/Lilith's/Liquidation nonsense and my Esmerelda Free States Rant deck, which Ill post first. But thanks for the suggestions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr.Mafrune

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds