file EC 2012 Storyline Feedback

31 Oct 2012 00:48 #40071 by Adonai
Did anyone participate in the EC 2012 Storyline?
What is your feedback on that process?
Better or worse than a standard tournament?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2012 10:48 #40105 by Tomas
I tried to participate in a game (saying I was playing a Guillame deck with Arika as my predator) and I thought the powerbase was a real intresting addition to the game. I could for example steal it to get +1 hand size and actually burn it if that was my wish and it was also an additional element to the voting war that raged across the table. I had unfortunately missed that there would be a storyline otherwise I might´ve geared a deck to better use the special rules of the storyline.

I really liked an including storyline where all sects (sorry laibon you don´t count;) could participate and some additional rules that doesnt exclude decks and strenghens some decks more than others, exactly as it should be. I would in the future like to see more special rules in each storyline, subtle but applied right move a tier 2-3 deck up among the contenders imo. I had the good fortune to meet and talk to our new storyline coordinator Mike Nudd and really look forward to his future creations.

More
31 Oct 2012 15:59 #40136 by johannes
I played in one game and I liked that fact that I could participate in a storyline without having to "invest" 3-4 games and a whole day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ashur

More
31 Oct 2012 16:15 #40137 by extrala
I have half a dozen casual games (I think), but none of them storyline based. Mostly because all the players (including me) were forgetting about the option.

I saw the Austrian players playing several storyline games. I mostly noticed when they were filling out the paper work.

The biggest problem in my opinion was, that the necessary forms + cards weren't available all the time, especially in the evening/at night. I only saw the storyline forms/cards during registration of the main events (in the morning) and forgot to pick them up them. Maybe next time they could be distributed on a few tables in the event rooms *after* the tournaments preliminary rounds and/or more visibly at the front desk or a bulletin board.

I am really interested to see how many storyline games were played, and how the outcome of the storyline eventually looks like.

More
31 Oct 2012 16:34 #40142 by Squidalot
I'd really like to see a quick online submission for future storylines - I got to play one game (borrowing someone's !ven grinder) and used Buda Castle to good effect but I don't know if the results were submitted

More
31 Oct 2012 21:27 #40177 by prunesquallor
My only feedback is that they sounds like fun, and I hope that it will be possible for at least some of the future Storylines that we can participate without being at the big event.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds