file TWD: GOTHENBURG 2012-11-10

12 Nov 2012 23:24 - 12 Nov 2012 23:25 #40839 by Boris The Blade

(...)

TL:DR :P

Back to the deck: how about changing those 2-caps to 3-caps and add Scourge of the Enochians? That's another evil card with Reversal of Fortunes, and Swarm decks are the ones that can most easily defeat Milicent. Maybe it's not needed in the Swedish meta?
Last edit: 12 Nov 2012 23:25 by Boris The Blade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2012 07:40 #40857 by Poci
Replied by Poci on topic Re: TWD: GOTHENBURG 2012-11-10
I was always so envious of people who could make trimmed down, focused decks, because I feel the same thing all the time when I build a deck: something not enough, or missing. That, by the way, is another matter...:)

About voter cap, yeah it could be meta-dependent, but voter is an insanely good card. I'm seconding Reyda in this case; you can build vote decks without it, but if the crypt has pre in large numbers, I think it's just simply foolish to not include a handful (usually around half as many as votecards is a good estimate for me).

We can talk about the swedism meta, but I think the combat is not so much present in it (nor the block). Maybe the biggest combat threat can be a Warghoul or a Stickmen that can be seen on the tourney scene.

About the deck: you were right, it's quite innovative. :) I'm so eager to know that how this type of decks can actually do their work? Like there's no stealth basically, one paragon and the inherent +1s. Yeah, I know the grand balls are there, but they can be broken down and you don't really have a plan B or such (and if you say that 4 second trads and 2 intercept is enough for a game, than the others are just simply not doing their work). How is one copies of almost all the cards are enough (I'm really curious)? I cannot basically get that....I put in 1 copy of cards that are either good if they show up, silver bullets, can be played once in a game.

This deck is really exposing the meta, as it seems. A deck which has a mediocre combat capability can destroy this deck easily (which as it stands, is not present at all). Strange that the players aren't noticing that with a deck that can fight just a little bit can sucker-punch these decks (and I'm not talking about combat decks, just like a 20ish combat package or so). That's not taking away anything from you, you played good if you were the first seed (and with this deck you have to be an insanely good player and decision-maker all the time). Maybe it's just me, who "grew into" the passive-combatish meta who have the feeling that these type of decks are simply not viable where I play (unfortunately?). Your meta in sweden is way more friendly to new players, that's for sure.
At the EC, swedish players shown me that I (and many others) were wrong: your decks can win games in other metas also, which was quite a suprise for me, to be honest (and I'm still reevaluating my judgement about swedish deckbuilding...). I hope I didn't said any offensive/abusive things, it was not intended at all, I'm just curious and quite confused.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
13 Nov 2012 07:48 - 13 Nov 2012 07:49 #40858 by Xaddam
I think it's fun to compare how decks' performance change in different metas. No offense taken. :-) I don't agree with the Swedish meta being easier for newer players, though. I think the main difference is that you get to keep your vampires, but you're ousted instead.

About all the single copies of cards, it all works because of Sargon Fragment and Alexandras special. You simply fetch the card you need right now. Sometimes that will be a banishment, sometimes a second tradition.

And I do think you're right, this AAA deck won't perform that well in a combat meta.

Adam Esbjörnsson,
Prince of Örebro
Last edit: 13 Nov 2012 07:49 by Xaddam.

More
13 Nov 2012 07:58 #40860 by Chaitan
It's as you say. The deck is really squishy but I bet Grand Ball is out most of the time anyway due to Anthelios and Anson.

Against a rush deck predator it probably has no choice but to back oust or atleast cripple him enough using banishments and whatnot so he is not capable of rushing anymore.

More
13 Nov 2012 08:36 #40862 by Poci
Replied by Poci on topic Re: TWD: GOTHENBURG 2012-11-10

I think it's fun to compare how decks' performance change in different metas.

Indeed. As you said maybe before the polish EC last year in C&E, you evaluate the meta of the hosting country. This year, you played with a warghoul deck, which is hardly the most seen decktype in Sweden.

I don't agree with the Swedish meta being easier for newer players, though. I think the main difference is that you get to keep your vampires, but you're ousted instead.

That's the main point here. You guys are friendly!! xD This explains instantly why all the big cap decks, girls deck are originated from you. You're not facing any punishment with a 10-11 cap villeined down to like 2-3. After Day1, where I've faced lutz all tables, I promised that even crosstable, lutz will be punished as hard as possible (that should be the way Lutz is treated, in every game, like Una; no questions, just die please).

About all the single copies of cards, it all works because of Sargon Fragment and Alexandras special. You simply fetch the card you need right now. Sometimes that will be a banishment, sometimes a second tradition.

That's why I said that you have to be an insanely good player to win with this deck; it's made of glass. One bad decision, and you're in a bad situation instantly. By the way, Heidelberg castle seems like a good addition, because the sargon fragment says that "this vampire", so probably it can be used twice each turn, if needed.

And I do think you're right, this AAA deck won't perform that well in a combat meta.

Yeah, but you don't face any, so that shouldn't be a problem. :-)

More
13 Nov 2012 12:13 - 13 Nov 2012 12:13 #40875 by Reyda

After Day1, where I've faced lutz all tables, I promised that even crosstable, lutz will be punished as hard as possible (that should be the way Lutz is treated, in every game, like Una; no questions, just die please).

File Attachment:

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 13 Nov 2012 12:13 by Reyda.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xaddam, Poci

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds