file TWD Justicar Retribution XIII: Prince of the Rodeo -Helsinki, Finland (Feb 24th)

25 Feb 2013 13:30 #45523 by Ashur
Congrats Tom, tricky deck!

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2013 15:56 #45524 by Trochomancy
Congrats Tom! Extra 10x style points for ousting player with Hell-for-Leather :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
26 Feb 2013 08:53 #45533 by theodain
Thanks,
Finally a tournament win and with a deck that was fun to play :)
In hindsight i would change it quite alot though... Maybe for Gothcon.

More
26 Feb 2013 15:49 #45539 by goronaga
Congrats Tom! It was so much fun to see your deck in action. The pace was slow at times but at critical moments it worked.

Thanks to Lönkka for organizing the tournament.

As stated earlier by Lönkkä, I played master heavy Nephandi-Tupdogs deck. It worked like a dream against Lönkka, other VP:s were just because of seating.

More
26 Feb 2013 17:24 #45543 by Lönkka

As stated earlier by Lönkka, I played master heavy Nephandi-Tupdogs deck. It worked like a dream against Lönkka, other VP:s were just because of seating.

Heh, that was a really really crappy game for me.

It seemed to start off nicely with Tom being my prey being also the first player and me knowing from the previous game what he was playing.

So when I had Andre Leroux, Anarch Convert and two William Thorbeckes in my opening crypt I thought "Here's a nice way to make a good dent to my prey's pool before he turns up even a single minion". So I left my main guy down and brought out Andre and Anarch Convert and bled Tom for 4 the next turn.

Next round Andre got torporized by your Tupdog and Graverobbed by Antonio d'Erlette. Right ho, no worries there, but then Tom contested the Convert. So got bled by Antonio and Andre with no one to intercept -yay!

Anyway, then I got Billy-boy out and on his next round you slapped Pentex on William and it was light's out.

Shit. Happens. Sometimes.
But I just had to laugh about it, especially because I had contemplated on not being greedy and bringing out William first. Had the perfect combat hand right from the beginning (including Weather Control and Flesh of Marble) so Tupdogs wouldn't have posed any treat. Oh well...

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala

• Lönkka
  • Lönkka's Avatar Topic Author
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds