file TWD Justicar Retribution XVIII: Hard Without Tenderness -Helsinki, Finland (Aug 25th)

26 Aug 2013 18:58 - 26 Aug 2013 18:59 #53616 by Lönkka
How about Concealed Weapon + Flash Grenade?

Also, I was somewhat surprised that you weren't packing Waste Management Operation + miniscule !Brujah (say Jayne Jonestown) like you've occasionally done in the past.

Then again, Ashurs are Ashurs...

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 26 Aug 2013 18:59 by Lönkka.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Lönkka's Avatar Topic Author
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
26 Aug 2013 19:24 #53620 by HG.fi

How about Concealed Weapon + Flash Grenade?

Been there, done that. They work, but...

1) They take up a LOT of card slots.

2) They don't inspire the terror that an Ivory Bow or a Flamethrower does.

3) In a hand jam, CW + FG stops working, but permanent weapons still work. Also, Imbued are much better than vampires in surviving hand jams anyway, and it's better build on that strength, not against it.

Also, I was somewhat surprised that you weren't packing Waste Management Operation + miniscule !Brujah (say Jayne Jonestown) like you've occasionally done in the past.

Then again, Ashurs are Ashurs...

Yes, you answered your own question. :)

Waste Management Operation was the tech I used before Ashurs came out. But Ashurs are better. Way better. Not "a Mercedes versus a Toyota" better, but "A Mercedes versus a rusted bicycle with a flat tire" better.

More
26 Aug 2013 21:49 - 27 Aug 2013 06:08 #53626 by Boris The Blade

And Darby Dancing with Laptops won't do, since I want to leave blockers with intercept and aggra weapons.

The whole point of the dance is that all your minions untap at the end of your turn.

As for Leather Jackets, I saw way too much enviromental damage and press combat in the metagame. So I made the decision to go for the threat of aggra hitback instead.

See above: Leather Jackets are sometimes handy in combat, but they are mostly there to untap your minion at the end of the turn when he borrows his friend's laptop.
Last edit: 27 Aug 2013 06:08 by Boris The Blade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adonai

More
27 Aug 2013 03:01 #53629 by HG.fi

And Darby Dancing with Laptops won't do, since I want to leave blockers with intercept and aggra weapons.

The whole point of the dance is that all your minions untap at the end of your turn.

Oh, I see! I've misremembered the Darby Dance.

But anyway, my point of "pillowface me and get a free laptop!" still stands. I often go for the oust lunge with the almost certain knowledge that at least one or two of my minions will be hospitalized after the attempt.

That's also the reason I longer use .44 Magnums in the deck. They were always stolen and used against me.

(By the way, I really hope Lönkka can find me an XL-sized qualifier T-shirt. The largest he had left was size L, and it doesn't fit. "Just lose weight" is not an answer, since I'm both fat and big boned.)

More
27 Aug 2013 06:52 #53635 by Lönkka

Waste Management Operation was the tech I used before Ashurs came out. But Ashurs are better. Way better. Not "a Mercedes versus a Toyota" better, but "A Mercedes versus a rusted bicycle with a flat tire" better.

Indeed.
Except when facing multiple master phase action Ashur decks. But then again you need to streamline and can't atke every possibility into account before losing focus.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
27 Aug 2013 06:54 #53636 by Lönkka

(By the way, I really hope Lönkka can find me an XL-sized qualifier T-shirt. The largest he had left was size L, and it doesn't fit. "Just lose weight" is not an answer, since I'm both fat and big boned.)

Suck it up Obelix! :P

I'll haul my extra shirts to Stockholm (quite a few S shirts etc) and see if I can trade there with Isak/Randy...

The following user(s) said Thank You: HG.fi

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds