file TWD The Garou Rim Monthly V: Inside Dirt, 15.12.2013, Joensuu, Finland

17 Dec 2013 12:54 #57838 by ReverendRevolver
On the tournament:
I dig everyone jumping in and commenting, its reminiscient (to me, at least) of when my playgroup was huge and i got briefed on tourneys i missed by players who had enthusiastically brutalized each other earlier in the week at said tournament. Christma tournament would be cool. I aim to have one next year, so i can play my "Christmas Gangrel" deck (you know, g1-2 gangrel are Christmas green, combat cards are red, although i admit thematically it doesnt mesh well with the "peace on earth" thing...)
But it looks to have been quite fun.

On the twd:

SEE WHAT YOU DID AGAIN HUGH! I just weathered the stickman craze, with everyone possibly contesting some of my favorite auspex fortitude vamps, and now you show everyone how awesome Lodin amd 90% of my maryanne alastor deck is so i'll be contesting them for two years...... dangit........

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2013 13:16 #57842 by Brum
Yeah Hugh!
Look at what you did, Hugh! We were almost without grinders in the meta!
Why do you play these decks? Why?
Have you no shame?

Now seriously. Lodin is better that Owain.
The only problem it had since 2009 was much worse marketing.
With Hugh coming around and finally seeing the truth, the argument is settled.
This deck is much more fun than it looks. And stronger. :)
Another win for team Lodin!

PS: I only disagree with the Parity Shifts.

Rev: could you post your Alastor deck? All I'm needing is a strong Ventrue combat deck.
Lucinde and Hardestadt seem the obvious choice for starters, but implementation is not trivial.

More
17 Dec 2013 19:31 #57856 by Kraus
Submitted. Now it should be okay.

About the grinder winning; yeah, I don't want to sound bitter or anything, but with such a varied load of different kinds of decks present I kinda loathed to see a grinder win. But now I'm sounding bitter. :) Toni played without errors, with a powerful deck and the rest played more poorly; thus, he duly deserved the win.

Rev: Yeah, I really love to see peeps writing about their own experiences a wee bit. Enhances the character of the tournie. I mean, it's not like tournaments are just sheets of statistics and TWDs. Stuff happens in them, and it's cool to share that stuff. :)

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
17 Dec 2013 21:15 #57859 by ReverendRevolver
@Brum:

Ill get you a list, migjt be a bit and might be in a pm, i only have a phone as means of getting online.

Not gonna lie, its done good and terrible, and if i wanted to use potence, id use Hardestadt. My deck is mostly focused on the ability to 2nd trad, prevent damage, and obliterate things with assault rifles and whatnot.
I use one Dmitra in mine, for an extra justicar, and i think the current version is all princes and the justicards. Hurts for stealth and such and i only own one perfect paragon.....

With grinders, ive used ventrue with Lodin for ages, often just lawfirm with less krc and more 44 mag, no sce, and you get the idea. Ive been running Gotsdam decks for several years, since probably 2010 sucessfully, and "grinders" is a term i didnt use until like last year or more recently. They are walls. Omitting the fact they have bleed pressure is not a crime, nor is not blocking everyitng. And frankly, i thought they were all called stickmen decks. So, long as people stay away from my entire Gotsdam deck lineup, im ok with any grimder played.

Contesting sucks. Makes me want to play Roxanne or Zayyat more....

More
18 Dec 2013 05:10 #57861 by Lönkka

Submitted. Now it should be okay.

Indeed it is good Sir.

Approved.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds