times TWD The Garou Rim Monthly VI: Year of Fortune, 25.1.2014, Joensuu, Finland

25 Jan 2014 15:19 - 01 Mar 2014 12:32 #58843 by Kraus
The Garou Rim Monthly VI: Year of Fortune
10 players
2R+F
2½h time limit for finals
Winner: Toni Karjalainen

vekn.net/event-calendar/event/7474

Deck Name : Geezers will find...
Author : Toni Karjalainen
Description :
Based on Randall Rudstam's Ropecon 2012 tournament winning deck. I did some small modifications to crypt and library. Heja Sverige!

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 10 max: 11 average: 10.5

4x Huitzilopochtli 10 AUS DAI DOM OBF POT PRE Baali:2
3x Arika 11 DOM FOR OBF PRE aus cel inner circle Ventrue:2
2x Etrius 11 AUS DOM OBF THA pro inner circle Tremere:2
1x Leandro 11 AUS OBF PRE cel dom inner circle Malkavian:2
1x Esau 10 AUS DEM DOM OBF PRE Malkavian:3
1x Queen Anne 10 DOM FOR PRE aus obf prince Ventrue:2

Library [75 cards]

Action [7]
2x Entrancement
3x Intimidation
2x Unleash Hell's Fury

Action Modifier [18]
2x Conditioning
3x Elder Impersonation
2x Enkil Cog
3x Faceless Night
1x Foreshadowing Destruction
1x Into Thin Air
5x Lost in Crowds
1x Spying Mission

Action Modifier/Combat [4]
2x Force of Personality
1x Hide the Mind
1x Swallowed by the Night

Action Modifier/Reaction [2]
2x Murmur of the False Will

Event [1]
1x Anthelios, The Red Star

Master [31]
6x Ashur Tablets
1x Coven, The
1x Direct Intervention
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Giant's Blood
1x Golconda: Inner Peace
2x Information Highway
1x Jake Washington (Hunter)
1x Metro Underground
1x Monastery of Shadows
1x Parthenon, The
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
6x Villein
6x Zillah's Valley

Political Action [1]
1x Banishment

Reaction [11]
3x Deflection
2x Eyes of Argus
4x Obedience
2x On the Qui Vive

Petro Hirvonen - !Tremere toolbox
Salli Hokkanen - !Ventrue grinder (G4)
Heini Turpeinen - Assamite Blood Clots (G4)
Sebastian Schiavone - Arcadian bleeder
Jani Malmi - Unmada
Petteri Teerikangas - Saulot /w !Tremere
Toni Karjalainen - Huitzilopotchli /w IC
Timo Tikkanen - Gabrielle di Righetti & friends
Margus Paananen - Gabrielle di Righetti & friends
Teemu Salo - Huitzliopotchli /w Anson & IC

Finals
Toni Karjalainen (winner) (starting player)
Jani Malmi
Sebastian Schiavone
Petteri Teerikangas
Petro Hirvonen

So!

Once again a new year with new tournaments. :) Cool thing to see new peeps get better and better. Heini is starting to get better and better with her assamites, and survived okay even with a Geezers neighbour in both preliminary games, and Petro forced his way into the finals with his !Tremere. Really good show, guys!

I didn't get to play 'cause we were 11 (I decided to drop and focus on organizing instead), but when I inspected the tables I didn't care that much; the decks were brutal! As you can see we had loads, and loads, of dominate and votes on the tables, with really major specials going on. I think Heini was the only one not playing dominate or some kind of bounce! At least she ran a Narrow Minds. Didn't save peeps, though.

The first two games went to time, but the next ones saw some near sweeps. The final wasn't anywhere less brutal, as Toni started off with a Zillah's, Information Highway and a second turn Huitzi - even as a starting player! The rest of the table were thinking if they should be really afraid of him and focus their efforts into dropping him out first, but no one seemed to come into any kind of a conclusion. Thus Toni had a wee bit of a free run as Petteri didn't draw his lockdown cards, and around 40 minutes into the finals Toni had taken Jani and Sebastian out already. Petteri and Petro were discussing a bit how to proceed, but little helped as Huitzi and Etrius swept the table clean - in an hour and a few minutes to boot!

So, we tried a 2½ hour time for the finals this time, and many agreed it was a cool idea. This time no one really gained anything from it. :)

Cool and brutal tournament, but I was surprised to see four more or less identical decks! Geezers and Gabrielle ran basically the same crypts, and the libraries were more or less oriented in the same direction.

Hopefully the players will write more about the games. :)

Garou Rim over and out, see you next month!

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 01 Mar 2014 12:32 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ankha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2014 10:06 #58851 by Jannu
I played Malkavian stealth&bleed with Unmada angle. Second traditions, Chiropterean marauders and Wrong and Crosswise with Justicar title was good vote defense. First table went poorly as my supprotminions couldn't bounce off bleeds and Saulot put Burdening the Bestial soul on my Unmada. Saulot and his friends bled me out and I couldn't make the break to oust Huizli which was my prey.

Second table went to me as my prey and gradnprey played the same deck and although managed to evade contests were loosing a lot of pool. Behind me was Huizli which was hated and were not given anything free. Huizli played Golconda to Righetti which was my prey stalling my game as my minions were strugling to find bleedcards. Luckily my deck started to roll when there was half an hour left and Righetti fell. Narrowminds played by my grand predator game me quickly second oust as the weakened second Righetti forgot it and couldn't bounce. Assamites fell before time and I had only four cards in my hand when we reached timelimit.

Final game was rather terrible as once again Huizli was behind me and Kiasyds were my prey. Huizli rose in the second round, luckily I had also minion so catastrophy didn't ensue. Is started bleedin my prey and got it to 8 pool when Huizli&geezers broke thorugh me. 2 Bounces rose within the game and one of those was DI'd by my predator. Also the power of the Enkil Coq should not be trifled with.

All in all, good tourney with brutal decks, there were some talks about Swedish nathional anthem as there was no real combat decks around and lots of S&B decks :D

:POT: Potence, if it doesn't work, you just aren't using enough :POT:

National Coordinator of Finland
Prince of Hämeenlinna

More
26 Jan 2014 17:33 #58865 by Lönkka
Archon upload approved.
Please submit the winning deck as soon as you can

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
26 Jan 2014 19:20 #58867 by Kraus

Archon upload approved.
Please submit the winning deck as soon as you can

As soon as I get it!

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
27 Jan 2014 06:52 - 27 Jan 2014 06:55 #58878 by Kraus
TWD added.

-Nalia De-Arnise

Last edit: 27 Jan 2014 06:55 by Kraus.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds