times TWD: Defibrillation (Cape Town, 1 February 2014)

09 Feb 2014 22:30 #59074 by ReverendRevolver

I really like this deck.

Finally a Trujah deck not based on all those Summon History shenanigans (which also means I, as an owner of 0 Summon Histories, might be finally tempted and inspired to make my own version of a Trujah deck).

I, a fellow owner of 0 summon history( lets start a support group?), have long believed Trujah are capable of much more(case in point, they did things b4 HttB). I feel they are solid combat and toolboxy bleed vamps, and, while acting unprevent-a-agg is cool, you are limited to scary forward, nil backward combat if you need to block. They can multiact quite well, bleed, vote if they want, and they can fight quite well.

Summon history will always be a GREAT spam card and an excellent 2-4 of toolup card. Fighting Lydia or Avengin'Al is stupid viable, as you get bruise n bleed with some reasonably solid multiacing. So, each turn, expect bruising at least once, as well as bleeding.

They dont block that well, but they can certainly rewind time and touch of pain. No reason to pigeon hole trujah.

Having said all that, if i owned SH, id run them with any trujah, as well as Gwydd. Gwydd pooping wolves is totally on my list to build if i get the cards. But, 14x Purge is cheaper to buy than 8x SH.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2014 08:36 #59080 by Kiddo

No reason to pigeon hole trujah.

Well, I agree to an extent...

First of all, I must say that I have never played with Trujah before nor have i deliberately collected their and TEM cards (since I was never that avid player, I tend to play with about 50% of clans there are and have specifically tried to collect cards needed to play those clans. So, 8 Nephandi or 8 Warghouls for me, 0 Madness Networks...).

However, as you play, you're bound to have at least some cards of all clans and disciplines and I was pleasantly surprised that, while skimming through this decklist, even without being a Trujah player, I indeed have almost all the cards needed to make this very deck or one rather similar to it, which for me, when it comes to Trujahs, happens almost never. And that is it.:)

More
10 Feb 2014 12:53 #59083 by ReverendRevolver

No reason to pigeon hole trujah.

Well, I agree to an extent...

First of all, I must say that I have never played with Trujah before nor have i deliberately collected their and TEM cards (since I was never that avid player, I tend to play with about 50% of clans there are and have specifically tried to collect cards needed to play those clans. So, 8 Nephandi or 8 Warghouls for me, 0 Madness Networks...).

However, as you play, you're bound to have at least some cards of all clans and disciplines and I was pleasantly surprised that, while skimming through this decklist, even without being a Trujah player, I indeed have almost all the cards needed to make this very deck or one rather similar to it, which for me, when it comes to Trujahs, happens almost never. And that is it.:)

There could be a thread on that topic. I carried over bias from the rpg. I dont like tremere or giovanni, because they are usurping bastards(well, turns oit Tremere got played, but still). But even so, there is one HUGE thing that probably defines my deckbuilding: i use alot of fortitude. I have probably 10+ decks currently assembled and good enough that i could play them in a tournament. 3 of them dont use fortitude, and those are Anson ceperity guns, malk '94, and Infinite Earth Meld(ghuolet and henry taylor with satyrs). I need a stromg reason not to multiact, becaise paying 8 for a minion is a big investment when some moron spamming block denial and dominate can easily remove 7 pool per action. So, i dont buld without fortitude often, and will never be a fan of nagaraja(except asguresh) or ahrimanes, most baali builds (well, kinda all of them without g56), tremere that dontchave fortitude or become a great combo or rush deck, giovanni withoit fortitude (ignazio, benedict, and company are doable) or in fact most vamps lacking fortitude. Im about to place a large rickstock order, and i think the only vamps lacking fortitude im ordering are g2 tzimitce.

So, if not for domain and clothos, i probably would be of the pursuasion that trujah lacking fortitude suck. But, shalmath seems to be able to reliably get off 2-4 actions a turn, which i guess would be super handy if you could do more with research and developement. As of now, he summoms stuff, bleeds, and maybe rushes, pocket out of time, disarm and majesty, but thats another action he gets too.

Al the witness has become the most contested trujah in the game since being printed. Its noteworthy that shalmath and lydia have seen alot of use too, and the only heirs trujah ive only seen played but mayne once (i think in michigan at a qualifier) is the aim guns guy, who at the end of the day is most effective with a foldablexmachine gun, tv, and recursion making him strictly worse than ravnos midcaps with foldable machine gums and mass reality.

Something HUGELY important to trujah(otherxthan SH) after httb came out is stong pit of clans that everyome seems to have. You know how g2 samedi have nec for thn obf? Then g3-4-5-6 have usually 3 of those, and limited access to big obf, even in higher caps, Troggy really gettin boned with her lack of it? Well, old trujah had thier inclans, the three lob trujah were granted gratuitois amounts of untapping disciplines(avengin al and the sxholar had fortitude, nehemiah can snake drive) and due to these disciplines, those vamps are more combat worthy than thier predecessors(snake punch and then fortitude prevent).
Well, after heirs, auspex is the unofficial 4th trujah discipline, amd i guess fortitude the fifth, since shalmath is the only httb trujah lacking both aus and for. Lydia costs alot for free stealth and one vote, so shes a combo vamp for turbo mostly, and Al the witnesz is the poster child for trujah, with BH tech, and the typical new trujah spread:aus temp, and no potence.

So, this deck is refreshing in not spamming the SH, even if it does run this Al.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds