check TWD Tension in the Ranks

19 Aug 2014 17:18 #64979 by brandonsantacruz
Pascal, would it be OK for this player to drop this useless graverobbing from his deck to avoid a disqualification?

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2014 14:26 #64999 by Lönkka
That's how I would've ruled it if it had been in my tournament.

Or, if I was in a nasty mood, made him keep the Graverobbing and forced him to drop another card. Put most likely not.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
20 Aug 2014 14:48 #65001 by Jeff Kuta
I was the head judge. We did not require deck registration as per 6.3 Constructed Deck Registration.

David Corson-Knowles clearly did not play with any intent to gain advantage by having a 91 card deck. It was merely an oversight on his part not having tuned his deck because he hadn't played in years.

The tournament ended without this being known. It was only through David's honesty that he reported the 91 card list for the TWDA. He even mentioned the error in his write-up.

I would not recommend any sanction against him for his mistake.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Jussi, brandonsantacruz, Silmegil, Pascek

More
20 Aug 2014 18:57 #65002 by Pascal Bertrand

Pascal, would it be OK for this player to drop this useless graverobbing from his deck to avoid a disqualification?

I don't know about that - you'll have to check with Vincent, he's in charge of logging decks in the TWDA.

Regarding this event, Ginés and I decided not to disqualify David.
I, however, highly recommend calling the judge if something is wrong in your deck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, BenPeal, Jussi, brandonsantacruz, a-e, Silmegil

More
21 Aug 2014 06:26 #65005 by Lönkka

I, however, highly recommend calling the judge if something is wrong in your deck.

Apparently this was noticed only AFTER the tournament:

The tournament ended without this being known. It was only through David's honesty that he reported the 91 card list for the TWDA. He even mentioned the error in his write-up.

The card came up in the tournament but I gather it didn't ring any bells at that time:

Deck notes: Graverobbing was a mistaken inclusion, probably in the same card box from when Anson and a few different Malks were in a previous version of the deck. (I've been playing variations on this "quick Malks & friends" deck since Kalinda came out). Not realizing that there isn't a single level of Dominate in the crypt, I actually drew and held on to Graverobbing for a few turns in Round 2 and considered fishing for a vamp to use it (thankfully I didn't!).

Often during a tournament I tend to count the cards in my deck while shuffling between the rounds. And before the 1st round. Just to see if the numbers don't match...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
21 Aug 2014 11:29 #65007 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: TWD Tension in the Ranks

I don't know about that - you'll have to check with Vincent, he's in charge of logging decks in the TWDA.

I feel sorry for David, but the deck won't be included in the TWDA as it's not a legal deck. I can't include the 90-cards version of the deck neither, because it wasn't the deck that was played.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds