times TWD Royal Rumble VI

09 Sep 2014 17:03 #65381 by guilhem
Replied by guilhem on topic Re: TWD Royal Rumble VI
Hello,
Firt sorry for my english but i will try to give some answer to Asnek.

1) It was a 10 player tournement. Evry Body could win a 10 player tournement with any decks if he get a little luke.

2) The royal rumble is usely a warzone tournement, and it was also the case this year. There was no S&B or swarm deck and only one multi action vote&bleed deck.
But want could realy do a multi action when you over vote him and amaranth the rigth guy to get back the majority when you lose it.

The original deck who inspired me is ont he french forum:
veknfrance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17637
As you could see he had 7 bounds to protecte him from S&B.

The real force of the deck is that you eat the vamp. That means you dont have to take care of it anymore.

You can do fat villein and eat the big guy around you but you have to select your target.

Fanchon power is very strong to bring you the card you need to get the target you want.

I made it for the tournement and never play it before. I would now change some stuff,
no Info Highway it only help your to get the third one one tour faster, not enougth in my mind for 3 master slot.
no political strangleold, you have no action to do that.
Get one villein and 1/2 rego motus more

I agree TTC has few deck could realy handle agressive deck and also win the game.

In this tournment I only die once by a nephandi deck again I had no solution.
And your also rigth I have no realy arme again weenie.

But for the intercep, the bowl and the rest should easly make the jobs (I hope :whistle:)

Best regard

Chuck Norris and Superman once fought each other on a bet. The loser had to start wearing his underwear on the outside of his pants
The following user(s) said Thank You: BenPeal, Jussi, Pascek, Ezra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2014 22:01 #65382 by ReverendRevolver
Yea, 18 Chirop Marauder is enough to be impressive.

You have no bounce or rush, so Id say that puta you in the minority where toolboxy walls are concerned.

And I respect TTC and everything, but 95% of the TWDA not being able to handle malk94, Giopowerbleed, or Kindred spirits bleed is a bit rediculous. Popular archetypes of the past year-ish all have trends; it may be that there are variants on Ventrue stickmen, girls variants, or some wacky shit. But, most things either run bounce, gain so much pool you need to borrow beads if you ARENT being bled hard, or theyre able to remove aggressive minions via combat of some kind. The other plan is being so aggro youre too cool to think about defense.

I see this deck being able to get up to enough intercept to maybe catch a minion or two, and then eat them. Your douchebag, crosseyed, SneakyBleedSleaze-playing predator doesnt know (or need to know) that you arent able to eat his ENTIRE ready region.

But, as stated, 10 player tourneys allow weird stuff to happen. Any tournament can shock the hell out of somebody with a mono-nagaraja deck winning. If it happens 7 more times I get suspicious.

Neither here nor there, congrats on winning with something you dont see everyday.

More
10 Sep 2014 05:08 #65385 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: TWD Royal Rumble VI

YMMV (Your Metagame May Vary)

2) The royal rumble is usely a warzone tournement, and it was also the case this year. There was no S&B or swarm deck and only one multi action vote&bleed deck.

Here is the summary.

Royal Rumble is indeed traditionaly in Paris a very heavy combat tournament.

And actually, even "normal" Paris tournament will see more heavy combat than B&S.

More
10 Sep 2014 05:34 #65386 by TapeTaChatte

You can do fat villein

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IC Organized play coordinator
Please contact me with any OP query using the mail in my profile

More
10 Sep 2014 05:38 #65387 by TapeTaChatte

95% of the TWDA not being able to handle malk94, Giopowerbleed, or Kindred spirits bleed

Apart from Giovanni powerbleed which is not included, because as the name refers it is not a stealth bleed, all the decks you cite cannot handle Kindred spirits bleed or Malk 94 by themselves.

!ventrue for example will buy enough time to find an help on the table, get a vp sometimes, try to turn the tables and so on, but if nobody helps him, he will die eventually to the S/B who is going to run the table after.

The key to stop S/B is the help of other players, it is not a bounce or a villein that is going to help you against a guy who pulls out 1 vampire/turn, bleeds you for X vampires x 4 pools and gain 1 pool in the process because you just bounces him and never blocks him.

IC Organized play coordinator
Please contact me with any OP query using the mail in my profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon

More
10 Sep 2014 12:46 #65399 by ReverendRevolver
Define help from the table.

Girls decks bloat enough to honestly not care once they get rolling. If you run 6-8 deflections, its possible you get your vp before KS gets you, and probable for bleed decks with DOM(you send bigger bleeds, and yoir grand predator doesnt have 1 pool more to deal with for every bleed.

If you mean remove the minion from being a problem, rush combat decks are the most likely to be able to cope. Or someone with a few rushes amd aggpokes. Or the deus ex machina of "prayer crosstable buddies when being bledat stealth": Valarious and his no obf text.

I had a week where I torped and graverobbed Korah 3 times in seperate days with 2 different decks. That month I controlles a G2 antimalk like 7 times and never played g2 antimalks....

Ive said for ages combat is a needed counterbalance to big bleeders, but are you saying its the only way to deal with aggro bleeders? This deck, for instance, may catch one dude and eat them on thier feet. Often, thats a psychological deterrent. If it happens twice you assume its what the deck "does" and get conservative. But with no rushes, arw you saying noone can deal with aggo bleeders?

Obviously, good walls stop Giopowerbleed more easily than they attempt to stop sneakybleed, since Matthias/Anatole/Carna with a bowl stops basically the whole stealthplan of necromancy if you eaglesight after they use the block fail, but even those walls typically are struggling to pull that last intercept.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds