lightbulb EC Day1 Final - Verbatim

30 Aug 2015 15:50 #72813 by brettscho
Pascal - this was a fantastic report for the finals. Very glad to see reports like this getting posted. They certainly generate buzz and excitement about the game. I know how much work goes into them, and I appreciate you putting that in. Thanks again!

A lot of stupid plays by Jorge. Are he Selim's fiend or something?

And this is one of the reasons why more reports are written and posted. Given the state of our game, we all need to do what we can to keep it alive and support those few players who remain. Your statement does neither, and should have been kept to yourself.

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2015 16:22 #72814 by Dorrinal

Turn 2
Erik
Giant's Blood on Leo

Selim
Discard Giant's Blood

Danilo
Discard Giant's Blood

HAHAHAHAHAHA

:trem:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Asnek, Ashur

More
31 Aug 2015 12:24 #72834 by Zenedar
Hahah yes my first turn master on one of the day2 tables was to play Giant's Blood on Marcin's anarch convert. Very funny!

This was my first international final table and it was really fun and really frustrating at the same time.

Jorge didn't play badly at all I think. Just take a look at the seating he got. What a nightmare for his deck.

/Erik

More
01 Sep 2015 05:48 #72850 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: EC Day1 Final - Verbatim
Was it really smart to deal for a heads up against Stanislava instead of a heads up with a !Gangrel toolbox? I mean, a deck with 4 bigcap Gangrel, lots of pool, lots of stealth, s:ce and vote lock? I just don´t get that deal. Did the Stanislava deck threaten to oust you/let you be ousted?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
01 Sep 2015 06:00 #72852 by Pascal Bertrand
If Jorge ends up in a duel with the !Gangrel deck, someone else than him has 2 vps. The best he can get in that duel is 2vps. Since he's 5th seed, that means he doesn't win the final, even if he ouata the !Gangrel in the duel.
So Jorge, in order to win the final, needs 3VPs. The only way to do that (because there was no way Selim wasn't ousting Selen) was to win a duel against Selim.
So, fromy point of view, since Danilo was already out and Selen was about to get ousted, it was the smartest move to do everything Jorge could do not to let Erik get a VP.

More
01 Sep 2015 06:08 #72854 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: EC Day1 Final - Verbatim

If Jorge ends up in a duel with the !Gangrel deck, someone else than him has 2 vps. The best he can get in that duel is 2vps. Since he's 5th seed, that means he doesn't win the final, even if he ouata the !Gangrel in the duel.
So Jorge, in order to win the final, needs 3VPs. The only way to do that (because there was no way Selim wasn't ousting Selen) was to win a duel against Selim.
So, fromy point of view, since Danilo was already out and Selen was about to get ousted, it was the smartest move to do everything Jorge could do not to let Erik get a VP.

Ah, that´s right, stupid of me. But ok, one more thing: Wouldn´t it be in Jorges interest that Selim is as weak as possible, when they enter the heads up? I saw Selim asking Jorge to take bounced bleeds and helping Selim in other ways. (Sorry, just trying to learn something here!)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds