check German Nationals "Enchant Kindred", 25.05.2019

28 May 2019 15:47 #95106 by Mewcat

Top 5 players after 3 rounds were:

Ralf "extrala" Lammert (GER), 2 gw + 9.5 vp, Lasombra g45 Stealth Bleed with Nocturns
Marius Iscru (FRA), 2 gw + 7 vp, Toreador g12 Cel Gun with Ashurs
Sascha Müller (GER), 1 gw + 4.5 vp, Tzimisce g23 with War Ghouls
Joscha Duell (GER), 1 gw + 4 vp, Ventrue g23 Stealth Vote and Bleed
Markus Hißnauer (GER), 1 gw + 3.5 vp, Toreador antitribu g23 Palla Grande Bleed

Final's seating:
Markus > Marius > Joscha > Ralf > Sascha

Finals had 2 h 15 min playing time.
1st oust after 1 hour: Sascha => 1 vp for Ralf
2nd oust after 1 hour 20 minutes: Markus => 2 vp for Ralf
3rd oust after 1 hour 25 minutes: Ralf => 1 vp for Joscha
4th oust after 1 hour 30 minutes: Joscha => 2 vp for Marius
=> Ralf new German Champion due to better seating and winner of the artwork "Enchant Kindred"

Archon

1 Ralf Lammert 2 9,5 2 156

2 Marius Iscru 2 7 2 156
2 Joscha Duell 1 4 1 132
2 Sascha Müller 1 4,5 0 114
2 Markus Hißnauer 1 3,5 0 120

What is marius's motivation in the 2 man finals end game within the context f play to win? I imagine there is sort of an unwritten rule that he should not transfer out at that point but there is absolutely nothing to gain for him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2019 17:17 - 28 May 2019 17:18 #95108 by extrala

What is marius's motivation in the 2 man finals end game within the context f play to win? I imagine there is sort of an unwritten rule that he should not transfer out at that point but there is absolutely nothing to gain for him.

You're absolutely right, Marius had no more incentive to win, after Joscha had ousted me. He could have thrown the game either to me or to Joscha at that point in time. But he was clearly in better position than Joscha then, and he proved sportsmanship by playing on imho.

So kudos to Marius, he also had actually the strongest game & deck in the final round.

Btw, I wouldn't mind a change of rules, that in case of this kind of tie, the last man standing man wins, instead of resolving the tie by preliminary rounds standings,
Last edit: 28 May 2019 17:18 by extrala.

More
28 May 2019 17:30 - 28 May 2019 17:32 #95109 by Mewcat
How did he prove sportmanship? His options are to win for one of 2 people that are not himself. If we are to assume this is a competitive endeavor the point for him is to win, not lose in style.
Last edit: 28 May 2019 17:32 by Mewcat.

More
28 May 2019 18:05 #95110 by angrynewb
Back in the old days there was actually this rule. Last man standing would win in case of a tie.

While Marius wasnt bound to play to win rule in the final (in final its play to win tournament instead), he could still play for ranking points. 2 VP = 8 Ranking points in the World Ranking :-)

More
28 May 2019 18:07 - 28 May 2019 18:09 #95111 by Mewcat

Back in the old days there was actually this rule. Last man standing would win in case of a tie.

While Marius wasnt bound to play to win rule in the final (in final its play to win tournament instead), he could still play for ranking points. 2 VP = 8 Ranking points in the World Ranking :-)

Isn't that an out of game consideration? I have never heard of anything of the sort before.
Last edit: 28 May 2019 18:09 by Mewcat.

More
28 May 2019 18:15 #95112 by Joscha

How did he prove sportmanship? His options are to win for one of 2 people that are not himself. If we are to assume this is a competitive endeavor the point for him is to win, not lose in style.

So what have you done in his place? Simply die so that I become the champion? Just sit there doing nothing until time out to let extrala take the win? I'm curious.

Marius played on to get the best result he could. I would have done the same in his shoes. You don't?

By the way I played rubbish (with hindsight) in ousting extrala. I should have wait until extrala and Marius had weaken each other enough to have a chance of the GW. But I was tired and didn't realize clearly enough, that Marius had to rush extralas vampires to don't get bled and I could cycle in the meantime for Banishments to get rid of the dangerous but bloodless gunslingers and get rid of the Haven Uncovereds on my vampires. So I was just a sitting duck for Marius' vamps.

Baron of Frankfurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds