check TWD: Restoration: Newark, Heath OH (16 May 2021)

17 May 2021 04:53 - 29 Nov 2021 12:03 #102252 by kschaefer
Restoration : Newark
Heath, Ohio
May 16, 2021
2R + F
12 Players
Karl Schaefer
www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/9786

-- 1 GW 4 VP + 3 VP in final

Deck Name: Zurich Fellowship
Author: Karl Schaefer
Description: Faye Reppas was playing a really cool Luke Fellows/Xendil Charmer multi-act deck.  I was toying with some Powerbase: Zurich decks at the time and Luke, with his special, seems like a perfect fit.  The deck is highly aggressive, but being !Gangrel doesn't appear to be a table threat immediately.  I had previously played this in an online event taking first seed, but was stymied by Veil of Darkness.

Today was very strange.  Luke made no appearance in the opening rounds, even after getting at least one decrypt in each round.  In the finals, Powerbase: Zurich showed up too late to be useful.  The deck, however, proved resilient.  I was second seed for the final round.

The finals seating:
Jeff aus cel obf gun block/rush ->
Me ->
Mark Toreador w/for ->
Brad BH Assamite S/B ->
Alex Assamite Breed/Boon

The finals were over pretty quickly with so much bleed and vote on the table.  In turn 7, my Denette was Fame-dunked.  She had Tasha, J.S., and a Camera Phone.  Judgment: Camarilla Segration was in play so I contemplated burning her, but instead chose to rescue her with Lubomira, who wasn't going to be a good bleeder against my prey.  I used Heidelberg Castle to split the retainers to Old Neddacka, leaving the Phone on Denette, and splitting the blood.  I was able to get Mark down to 1 pool.

Mark ousts Brad via a bleed with Judgment: Cam Seg putting the final nail in his coffin.  Alex fires off two Loss bleeds and calls a KRC, ousting Jeff.

On my turn, Powerbase: Zurich finally hits play in the finals.  My prey is at 9 pool.  I have 4 vampires: Luke, Lubomira, Old Ned, and Denette.  Lubomira hunts.  Between the gear and Heidelberg Castle, I send in a 2, a 3, and a 4 bleed, ousting Mark.

Even though Alex was playing a breed deck, his opening crypt was all large vampires, so he only had 3 larger vampires in play.  He finally gets two Embraces in play, but doesn't draw any pool gain.  He has 11 pool when I start my turn.  I am showing 12 bleed on the table and it's over.  It was a flurry of ousts over two turns and the game was done.

Notes on playing:
You only need 3-4 Instantaneous Transformation unlocks with Luke.  His extra unlock every turn is already powerful.  The rest can be used as stealth.

There are a lot of Masters.  You must use your discard phase every turn; you do not want to jam on Masters. 

Crypt (13 cards; Capacity min=2 max=7 avg=4.222222)
==================
5x Luke Fellows                  7 CEL OBF PRO              Gangrel antitribu:4
1x Morrow the Sage               6 cel vic OBF PRO          Gangrel antitribu:4
1x Alex Camille                  5 cel for obf PRO          Gangrel antitribu:5
1x Synner-G                      5 pro CEL OBF              Gangrel antitribu:5
1x Jeffrey Mullins               4 cel OBF                  Gangrel antitribu:4
1x Skulk                         4 ani OBF                  Nosferatu antitribu:5
1x Lubomira Hradok               3 OBF                      Nosferatu antitribu:5
1x Old Neddacka                  2 obf                      Nosferatu antitribu:4
1x Denette Stensen               2 obf                      Gangrel antitribu:4

Library: 61 cards

Master (17 cards)
==================
1x Ennoia's Theater
2x Heidelberg Castle, Germany
1x Abombwe
2x Archon Investigation
5x Powerbase: Zürich
1x Twisted Forest
4x Villein
1x Wider View

Action (6 cards)
==================
5x Clotho's Gift
1x Conceal

Action Modifier (21 cards)
==================
2x Elder Impersonation
4x Faceless Night
9x Instantaneous Transformation
4x Lost in Crowds
2x Veil the Legions

Action Modifier/Combat (3 cards)
==================
3x Swallowed by the Night

Combat (5 cards)
==================
4x Form of Mist
1x Earth Meld

Retainer (3 cards)
==================
1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
1x Robert Carter
1x Tasha Morgan

Equipment (6 cards)
==================
1x Gran Madre di Dio, Italy
1x Signet of King Saul, The
4x Camera Phone
Last edit: 29 Nov 2021 12:03 by Ankha. Reason: Fix typoes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loughman, Ankha, lip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds