May 21, 2022
2R+F
12 players
Jorge Delgado
www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/10184

-- 1,5 VPs in the finals

Deck Name: Anson Gunz post-Parity Shift nerf
Author: Jorge Delgado
Comments: Changed slightly the deck after 2019. Upgraded to 12 Ashurs to try and dispute the Ashur race to Girls decks mainly. Switched the 2 Parity Shifts by 2 Anathema. Also removed Pentex Subversion for obvious reasons (I was using it maybe for the "can't act" part against vampires with Secure Haven or vampires I could not deal with).

My thoughts is that regarding the amounts of barons in tables, it is impossible to reasonably play votes with this decks. So all the votes are going out, the only x-table capacity of this deck remaining the rushes. I will add some Conditionings most likely since the ousting power of this deck is extremely limited. I will also downgrade again to 9x Ashurs since 12x seems a little bit overkill after testing. Also adding Secure Haven for contest.

Crypt (13 cards, min=16 max=32 avg=6.31)
========================================
5x Anson 8 aus dom CEL PRE prince Toreador:1
2x Volker, The Puppet Prince 5 pot CEL prince Brujah:2
1x Constanza Vinti 8 CEL DOM POT prince Brujah:2
1x Dónal O'Connor 8 CEL DOM POT prince Brujah:2
1x Dodd 5 dom pre CEL Brujah antitribu:2
1x Jimmy Dunn 4 for CEL POT Pander:2
1x Victor Tolliver 4 pot CEL Brujah antitribu:2
1x Sarah Brando 3 CEL Brujah antitribu:2

Library (77 cards)
==================
Master (26)
1x Archon Investigation
12x Ashur Tablets
1x Direct Intervention
1x Fame
1x Giant's Blood
4x Haven Uncovered
2x Minion Tap
1x Papillon
1x Parthenon, The
2x Vessel

Action (2)
2x Bum's Rush

Equipment (6)
6x .44 Magnum

Political Action (4)
2x Anathema
2x Kine Resources Contested

Action Modifier/Combat (2)
2x Resist Earth's Grasp

Reaction (9)
2x Deflection
7x Second Tradition: Domain

Combat (27)
2x Blur
6x Concealed Weapon
1x Fast Hands
6x Infernal Pursuit
4x Psyche!
3x Pursuit
1x Side Strike
1x Sideslip
3x Taste of Vitae

Event (1)
1x Scourge of the Enochians
Last edit: 30 Aug 2022 14:00 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha, Ankha, pallando

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2022 19:19 - 20 Jun 2022 22:02 #105514 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic TWD - L'etreinte
I've changed up my Anson/guns deck over the last few years, and I use a similar crypt, (more volker, one Marcellous(standing bleed), no :DOM: BRUJAH).

How do you feel Scourge is working out? I pulled Anthelios when it got banned, but I'm contemplating The Waiting Game due to all the anarchs. The 2 times it's hit the table (in a Gangrel second trad deck) it only hits my predator once, due to its burn mechanism. But with a deck that cares about attrition like Anson, it's looking like a better option.

Congrats!
Last edit: 20 Jun 2022 22:02 by ReverendRevolver.

More
21 Jun 2022 11:47 #105522 by cordovader
Replied by cordovader on topic TWD - L'etreinte

I've changed up my Anson/guns deck over the last few years, and I use a similar crypt, (more volker, one Marcellous(standing bleed), no :DOM: BRUJAH).

How do you feel Scourge is working out? I pulled Anthelios when it got banned, but I'm contemplating The Waiting Game due to all the anarchs. The 2 times it's hit the table (in a Gangrel second trad deck) it only hits my predator once, due to its burn mechanism. But with a deck that cares about attrition like Anson, it's looking like a better option.

Congrats!

Hi!

Thanks a lot for your comment.

I have played several versions of this archetype through the years (with the big cap titled vampires & Anneke, with the small ones and Marcellus etc.) and the crypt that has obtained me the best results is this one. I even won Belgian Nationals once on a deflected bleed + DI on my preys deflected bleed form Cybele (my predator) when he was at 3 pool. It was awesome to see his face decompose.

Regarding Waiting Game, I think it's a "free" inclusion, in the sense you can always cycle it with Infernal Pursuit to play it alter (I see it's place mainly in the 3 player configuration due to it's mechanics), but I think it would be easier to obtain it's benefits in a wall deck (I am thinking to include it in my Goratrix / Omaya wall deck, since I play Anarch Revolts + Smiling Jack). BTW during the tournament I had tables were everyone was playing anarchs except me (during the finals there were 2 anarch decks, one with whom I arrived to 1-to-1), so I think it can be helpful in the current meta. At least it deserves to be tested.

Regarding Scourge, it's a deck optimization & style choice. In combat decks I tend to do one of both approaches:
- Either I include the "anti-weenie pack number 1" - Tension + Carver + Dragonbound + potentially Aranthebes
- Or I include Scourge

Regarding the Anson deck, as you well said, it's more an attrition deck, than a heavy rusher and it might happen that I go to torpor myself if confronted to certain combat decks (ANI / long range agg / Tupdog etc.), so I prefer to not take the risk. I also wish to stay as below as possible from the 75-80 card Threshold in terms of card flow. Hence the choice. With this deck every action is extremely important also, so I cannot allow myself to lose 1 rush with an embrace or a small cap.

I basically play Scourge in every deck I don't play 1/2-caps and I don't play the anti-weenie pack number 1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver

More
24 Aug 2022 15:42 #106126 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic TWD - L'etreinte

Master (25)
1x Archon Investigation
12x Ashur Tablets
1x Direct Intervention
1x Fame
1x Giant's Blood
4x Haven Uncovered
2x Minion Tap
1x Papillon
1x Parthenon, The
2x Vessel

That's 26 master cards, not 25. What's wrong?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
24 Aug 2022 16:03 #106129 by cordovader
Replied by cordovader on topic TWD - L'etreinte

Master (25)
1x Archon Investigation
12x Ashur Tablets
1x Direct Intervention
1x Fame
1x Giant's Blood
4x Haven Uncovered
2x Minion Tap
1x Papillon
1x Parthenon, The
2x Vessel

That's 26 master cards, not 25. What's wrong?

The number must be wrong. I dont unos what happened I copy / paste from VDB.

More
24 Aug 2022 16:08 #106130 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic TWD - L'etreinte
Ok, could you please fix the numbers in the first post?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds