check TWD - Praxis Seizure Hämeenlinna: Reins of Power, Hämeenlinna, Finland, 10.12.22

11 Dec 2022 12:52 #106977 by Jannu
Praxis Seizure Hämeenlinna: Reins of Power
Hämeenlinna
3R+F
15 players
WINNER
www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/10432

Nice to see good amount of players and also players, who have played only a few tournament games.

During the preliminary rounds there were three Banu Haqim-decks and three Brujah Anarchs. So a lot of combat decks. Felt like a Finnish tournament.

This was first Finnish tournamet where Fall of London was legal. From the set I saw Chun Hei, Valerius and Queen Anne played. Valerius even managed to become Prince of Detroit.

Results:
1 Henrik Stång 2 7 1,5 138
2 Jaakko Nurro 1 4,5 0 138
2 Jyri Puhakka 1 4,5 1,5 150
2 Petri Wessman 1 5 0,5 156
2 Antti Penttilä 1 5 0 126
6 Jani Malmi 1 3,5 120
7 Joona Tuominen 1 2,5 102
8 Katja Malmi 0 3 108
9 Marko Saari 0 2,5 108
10 Pasi Karjalainen 0 1 84
11 Jukka-Pekka Vainiola 0 0,5 84
11 Joel Tikkala 0 0,5 84
13 Timo Karhunen 0 0 66
14 Lauri Salmi 0 0 60
15 Mika Nurmikolu 0 0 24

Finalists and their decks

Henrik Stång 2/7 Malkavian Quenting King Power Bleed
Petri Wessman 1/5 G6 Brujah Anarchs
Antti Penttilä 1/5 Rachel Brandywine Madness Network
Jyri Puhakka 1/4,5 G6 Brujah Anarchs
Jaakko Nurro 1/4,5 Ministry S&B

Seating: Jyri, Antti, Petri, Henrik and Jaakko

Gameplay Highligths:

Brujah-players had to talk from the start. They wanted to avoid contesting vampires. Petri had to use Wider view during first turn to draw and replace three vampires in his crypt.

Anarch convert drew the first blood on second round with a bleed of one.

Quenting King III was named Legendary vampire during the third round and started his legacy with a bleed of 5. And it sank.

Antti played Camarilla Judgement: Segregation, which hits everyone except Antti.

Players agreed that this will be a swift final that won’t go to time limit.

Antti tried to put a second Segregation on table, but was caught by Jyri’s Brujahs. Brandywine barely survived the combat.

After 25 minutes Ministry was reduced to only four pools.

As a friendly gesture Quentin started hunting instead of bleeding. There was a lot of talking about game balance between Brujah decks and other decks in the table. Still, Segregation was clock ticking for other than Antti’s deck.

At 37 minutes Ministry tried to vote for burning the Legendary Vampire. But it was delayed by the Quentin King.

Jyri’s Brujahs played Anarch Troublemaker, which raised some eye brows.

Brandywine gains pool&cards from Ashur Tablets and takes Segregation to his hand. Greger Anderson plays second Segregation and Brandywine employs Homunculus.

After 49 minutes players pool amounts:
Jyri 11, Antti 11, Petri 13, Henrik 10 and Jaakko 3.

Petri’s Brujahs decimate Antti’s Greger Andersen and Henrik’s Anarch Convert.

Talks between Antti and Henrik about burning Segregation. Jyri and other tried to convince Henrik to burn Anarch Convert. About four minutes of talking without any clear conclusion but to wait and see.
Henrik made a point that Quentin is Legendary despite a lot of table talk about removing the title.

Still during Jaakko’s turn the previous Henrik’s turn table talk about Segregations continued. Every player participated to table talk. Brujah’s don’t want to burn their vampires and tried to coerce Ministry to burn a vampire.
Judge calls the players that there has been 12 minutes of talking during the past 15 minutes. After the call Jaakko burns Elisha Tucker to burn 1/2 Segregations.

Jyri tried to rush Brandywine, but failed due to Earth Meld.

Antti saves Greger from torpor and Brandywine equips Heart of Nizchetus

45 minutes left and pool situtation was:
Jyri 10, Antti 3, Petri 6, Henrik 5 and Jaakko 1

Henrik decides not to burn torpored Anarch Convert to burn the remaining Segregation.

Jaakko is ousted by Henrik. Time remaining is 42 minutes.

Henrik Washes Jyri’s Villein for four pools. Jyri instead Fames Antti’s Victoria. Jyri rushes Famous Victoria, but Brandywine blocks and Melds. Antti was at three pools. Brandywine also blocks a bleed from Jyri.

Antti bleeds for 1 with Victoria. And it is made clear that if Petri torporises Victoria, Antti is immediately ousted and Henrik and Antti proclaimed Jyri to be the winner. It took a bit of thinking. Theo Bell tries to block. Now Antti is thinking. You can feel the tension. Antti plays two stealth against Theo Bell’s one intercept. Bleed of one gets through.

27 minutes left and pool situtation was:
Jyri 9, Antti 3, Petri 4, Henrik 10 and Jaakko 0

Petri’s Leumeah Smash&Grabs Quentins Secure Haven.

Henrik started bleeding with everyone he had. Jyri bounced 2/3 bleeds to Antti. Antti had to block them both with Brandywine, who was reduced to zero blood.

Jyri went for the kill and bled Antti out. 16 minutes remaining.

Petri played Haven Uncovered. And Rushes in. Quentin is Immortal Grappled, but Quentin mocks the feeble attempt with Disengage and No Trace.
Theo Bell grabs Torn Signpost and hits Quentin to torpor.

10 minutes left and pool situtation was:
Jyri 10, Antti 0, Petri 7, Henrik 9 and Jaakko 0

Henrik Bleeds once again. Jyri has 5 pool remaining. Idalia tries to grab Leather Jacket but is Roundhoused to torpor by Jyri.

Jyri bleeds ones to Petri. Petri has 5 pool.

Theo Bell rushes Dolphin and Henrik’s last surviving vampire is torpored. Theo tastes five blood.
After bleeds Henrik has 7 pool.

Jyri bleeds ones. Brujahs start to hit each other.

Henrik is saved by the bell as time limit is reached. Henrik has no ready minions and it was his predator's untap. Henrik becomes Hämeenlinna’s reigning champion!

:POT: Potence, if it doesn't work, you just aren't using enough :POT:

National Coordinator of Finland
Prince of Hämeenlinna
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, PetriWessman, goronaga, Kilrauko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2022 12:58 #106978 by Jannu
Henrik's winning deck and his notions about the deck.

Deck Name: Never stop the Madness
Author: Kilrauko
Description: Moro!

This deck is based on my old fever dream of a 2-3 group, 6-7 cap powerhouse of a bleed deck that I figured to tone down in threat and cuddle up to generate less table hate with silly never played cards +semi big cap malk/!malks with inherited +1 bleed potential.

15 crypt cards is explained by my view of Anarch Converts being "freebies" due to their ability either to be highly pool efficient in the very early game (easy 5 pool worth of value, seen 10+ situations)/ blocking rush aimed at valuable minion or as revolt defence with crypt draw in late game.

There's also included the usual 10 meme/unplayable/WTF cards, good luck on spotting them.

Design thought is based around over decade worth of Pieterzoon play where it's noted to be irrelevant what kind of deck you play if the table hates your guts. Lunging is superior compared to steady constant high pressure that will end with you dying in combat heavy meta to cross table rushes by multiple methuselah. Instead, keep your head low, bring out impactful minions that are not weenie dementation Midget like wide table hate generating machines with notoriety. I expected precon combat heavy meta, multiple Banus and Brujahs were present, deal making was mandatory for success.
In the end everyone gets points only from left and well talked KS will buy you lessened table hate when targeted cross table as does DI/DT/LitC/... You get the idea.

Bleeding Kindred spirits for 2-3 while bloating 1 is constant "low" pressure with lunge potential on Jason and merged Quentin to 5 when sub 10 pool region is reached. If bleeds for 2 are bounced, they're largely irrelevant in early game and keeping constant small pool gain is key for survival, so remember to communicate on bleeds and their executions on cross table when needed.

There are some specific cards I've been testing against current precon meta and "usual subjects", Burden the Mind, Sleep Unseen and Disengage+CE. I'm still on the fence of their actual usefulness but they sure are fun to play when they work. Same goes for tossing Prison of the Mind to early Unnamed player walking tightrope with just two vampires and no way of removing it.

Vampire is game about politics and player playing, the deck will perform on top of that if you're lucky. If you see easy way to tune the deck to your liking, streamlining it, go for it. Report your results but remember the point on table hate. It playes larger part then people might realize.

TL:DR Even ships sometimes sail by luck, play the cards you like to play.

Crypt (15 cards, min=6 max=31 avg=5.4)
======================================
2x Jason, The World's Voice 8 AUS DEM OBF for primogen Malkavian:3
1x Rodolfo 8 AUS DEM OBF pro bishop Malkavian antitribu:3
2x Korah 7 AUS DEM OBF ani priscus Malkavian antitribu:2
2x Quentin King III (ADV) 7 AUS DEM OBF cel pre Malkavian:3
1x Quentin King III 7 AUS DEM obf pre prince Malkavian:3
2x Dolphin Black 6 AUS DEM OBF Malkavian antitribu:2
1x Idalia, Prophet of Guadalajara 4 AUS dem Malkavian antitribu:2
1x Yorik 3 dem obf Malkavian antitribu:2
3x Anarch Convert 1 Caitiff:ANY

Library (90 cards)
==================
Master (19; 6 trifle)
1x Burden the Mind
1x Direct Intervention
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Fragment of the Book of Nod
1x Giant's Blood
1x Information Highway
1x Legendary Vampire
1x Life in the City
1x Metro Underground
3x Perfectionist
2x Secure Haven
3x Vessel
1x Wash
1x Wider View

Action (17)
1x Call, The
1x Derange
1x Dive into Madness
13x Kindred Spirits
1x Prison of the Mind

Ally (1)
1x Carlton Van Wyk

Equipment (1)
1x Leather Jacket

Action Modifier (28)
1x Change of Target
3x Cloak the Gathering
6x Confusion
2x Elder Impersonation
2x Eyes of Chaos
4x Faceless Night
3x Lost in Crowds
1x Marked Path
1x Sleep Unseen
3x Spying Mission
2x Veil the Legions

Action Modifier/Combat (4)
4x Swallowed by the Night

Action Modifier/Reaction (1)
1x Touch of Clarity

Reaction (11)
1x Delaying Tactics
1x Eagle's Sight
2x Eyes of Argus
1x Fillip
2x On the Qui Vive
4x Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (8)
2x Disengage
6x No Trace

:POT: Potence, if it doesn't work, you just aren't using enough :POT:

National Coordinator of Finland
Prince of Hämeenlinna

More
11 Dec 2022 13:57 #106982 by Kilrauko
Note behind my quick choice of final placement (as noted by Jannu) was to ensure the obvious table threat Antti remained in the firm embrace of brujahs on both side keeping them busy. I was happy to have Petri's (second highest points) behind me forcing Jyri's brujah to uncomfortable position where they had to force through a bleed and combat deck to actually win final if I was ousted by Petri. This created indirect pressure to not let me drop out unless the oust of Petri was a reality. In the case Antti would have started to roll out of control and oust Petri, I was quite certain on my ability to broker a deal with Jyri for back oust Antti & Jaakko away to gain 1 vp and play rounds.

I was also happy to be predatoring Jaakko to begin with. Based on first round game where Jaakko was my prey I assumed I would gain quaranteed 1 VP unless the table went after me 100% from turn 1.

Trust in Jan Pieterzoon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Jannu

More
11 Dec 2022 14:31 #106984 by PetriWessman
Just 20 or so more seconds on the game clock, and I would have won the tournament. I just needed to get my turn and do two bleeds, prey had no blockers left -- and I had oust cards in my hand. So close!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Jannu, Kilrauko

More
12 Dec 2022 12:02 #107003 by Lönkka

Just 20 or so more seconds on the game clock, and I would have won the tournament. I just needed to get my turn and do two bleeds, prey had no blockers left -- and I had oust cards in my hand. So close!

Oh man, that blows!
A classic case of "one more turn" if any:/

But this should you leave hungry for more...

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kilrauko

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds