"Haranni Madness"
Herne, Germany
May 13th, 2023
2R+F
15 players
Rudolf Scholz
www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/10625

-- 1.5 VP, 0.5 VP; 4 VP + GW

Deck Name: Vor neun Wochen (Nine weeks ago)
Description: This deck is dedicated to my son Robin who was born exactly nine weeks before the tournament. It is pretty much the same deck as Otso's "Feral High Council" (Thank you for your inspiring decks!) which entered the TWDA seven weeks ago.

Crypt (12 cards, min=35 max=44 avg=9.92)
4x Stanislava 11 ANI CEL DOM FOR PRO inner circle Gangrel:2
3x Ingrid Rossler 9 ANI FOR PRO dom prince Gangrel:2
2x Hartmut Stover 10 CEL OBF PRO dom for archbishop Gangrel antitribu:3
1x Genevieve 10 ANI FOR PRO aus dom priscus Gangrel antitribu:2
1x Mark Decker 8 CEL PRO ani for obf pot prince Gangrel:3
1x Xaviar (ADV) 10 ABO ANI FOR PRO aus cel pot justicar Gangrel:3

Library (76 cards)
Master (32; 10 trifle)
1x Archon Investigation
6x Ashur Tablets
1x Backways
1x Coven, The
1x Direct Intervention
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Giant's Blood
2x Information Highway
1x Metro Underground -- I enjoyed this addition
1x Monastery of Shadows
1x Papillon
2x Parthenon, The
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
7x Villein
2x Wider View -- never used this card in the tournament
2x Zillah's Valley

Action (4)
1x Far Mastery
3x Govern the Unaligned

Equipment (1)
1x Heart of Nizchetus -- maybe add a second copy

Political Action (12)
1x Anarchist Uprising
1x Ancient Influence
1x Ancilla Empowerment
3x Banishment
3x Parity Shift
1x Political Stranglehold
1x Reins of Power
1x Rumors of Gehenna

Action Modifier (9)
4x Earth Control
1x Enkil Cog
1x Forced March -- maybe one more
3x Instantaneous Transformation

Action Modifier/Combat (1)
1x Rapid Change

Reaction (9)
4x Deflection
2x Obedience -- was not needed
1x On the Qui Vive
2x Sense the Savage Way -- one seems to be enough (as Otso commented himself)

Combat (7)
3x Earth Meld
4x Form of Mist

Event (1)
1x Scourge of the Enochians

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de
Last edit: 18 Jun 2023 15:21 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha, Pritoos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2023 14:26 #108115 by Hakuron
Tournament report

The plan was to experience a VTES weekend (casuals and tournament) again after a long time. Friday afternoon, after the improbability data had gradually turned into possibilities, Ali and I got into the car ... and due to a full closure on the A3, we were allowed to get to know the villages and country lanes in the area of Neustadt (Wied). Unfortunately, this tested the patience of the 4 players already waiting in the pub (45 minutes late), but we were still able to play two 6-player tables.
In the first game (the weekly league game one of the Bochum playgroup), I tested the deck I had put together especially for the tournament and found my suspicions confirmed: Certain concepts cannot be adopted equally powerful with every crypt or with all combinations of disciplines. Based on Otso Saariluoma's decks "Feral High Council" and "Usurper High Council", I actually wanted to give a variant with big-cap vampires with DOM and OBF of groups 1 and 2 a try, but Obfuscate simply does not have a comparable usefulness as Protean or Blood Sorcery.
Therefore, I rebuilt the deck at night in the hotel and then took a variant of the "Feral High Council", which is basically Stanislava Vote & Bloat, to the tournament. I didn't know how the metagame would turn out, but I feared the presence of a few rush decks, so among some other minor changes I added 2x Obedience to be on the safe side.
The event “SpieleWahnsinn" (Gaming Madness) offered a very pleasant ambience and plenty of space for the tournament to settle comfortably. 15 participants turned up, a large turnout for a 2R+F tournament. Everyone received a booster of the old VTES edition, wow!

Round 1
Alf, Nana War Ghoul Apocalypse => Flo, Malk g6 Stealth Bleed => Erica, !Nos Combat => me, Stanislava Vote & Bloat => Hardy, Blood Brothers Kiev Power Bleed.

How good that the !Nos deck was kept busy by the Malks. Also good that my Bloat votes kept both Alf and Erica in the game. Also saw two cases of Archon Investigation ... Overall, though, I was too slow to oust Alf as well after having ousted Hardy, as the finally got the first War Ghoul in play and some setup. 1.5 VP for me.

Round 2
me, Stanislava Vote & Bloat => Didi, Malgorzata Vote & Bloat => Flo, Malk g6 Stealth Bleed => Markus, !Tor g23 Breed & Bleed => Ali, Weenie Malk g12 Anarchs Wall

Well, in this game, I could only hope to survive and maybe just make it to the finals with a total of 2 VP: More votes in front of me than I could get together because of Gerald Windham, a wall behind me that I knew was dangerous. If Ali hadn't gotten friendly fire from the Malk Leaders (a Govern & Conditioning bleed for 6), I certainly wouldn't have been able to equip the Heart of Nizchetus. Thanks to the Heart, it was bearable not to have a big card cycling due to the lack of actions. At some point, Ali had “cleaned up” behind himself and had both Smiling Jack and Constant Revolution in play, but then time was up. 0.5 VP for me.

Finals, yeah!
Equal on victory and tournament points with Flo, thanks to better dice roll I received the 4th rank. The Seating Dance according to the new rules (showing 3 random Crypt cards) proved to be very “telling”.

Michael H., Obfuscate Toreador g23 Bleed => Rodinei, Matasuntha Wall => Flo, Malk g6 Stealth Bleed => me, Stanislava Vote & Bloat => Markus, !Tor Breed & Bleed

I rated my chances of winning the finals as "existing" - if Flo's Malks wouldn't be too fast. My crypt showed Stanislava, 2x Ingrid Rossler as well as Hartmut Stover, and I would start the game with 4 transfers, because Michael pushed himself forward as the starting player.
It would turn out that Michael exerted a lot of pressure against his Prey, Rodinei virtually none, Flo, I and Markus each exerted moderate pressure "to the left". My bloat votes once again distributed pool in the right places, otherwise either Rodinei or Michael would certainly have left the table earlier. When I had all three vampires of the starting crypt in play and already felt quite satisfied, Markus played Fear of Mekhet on Stanislava ... oh, crap! In addition, Flo played Revelatios on superior level on me, thus I had to play with an open hand.
Interestingly, the open hand didn't turn out to be a real disadvantage, it even helped the game did not get delayed unnecessarily. I managed to have a new Stanislava enter the game. About half an hour before time-out I ousted Markus, Michael right after that Rodinei - and it looked like either Michael or time would run away from me. Flo played very fairly and did not delay the game unnecessarily and kept his moves as short as necessary. With 8 minutes to go, the signs finally were right: Dreams of the Sphinx and Heart of Nizchetus offered me an outstanding open hand. With Parity Shift I was able to cleverly redistribute pool from Michael to Flo, so that the subsequent Reins of Power led to the desired oust (only) of Michael. Stanislava's bleed for 3 then took Flo out of the game. 4 VP + GW.

Very exciting finals, sovereignly accompanied by Hardy and Steffen as judges. The tournament edge will get a place of honour in my tournament luggage. Thanks to all who made this VTES weekend such a nice experience!

More
19 May 2023 10:33 #108122 by Lönkka
"we were still able to play two 6-player tables."

Huh?

I thought you'd need to use either 5 or 4 player tables only.
Two six player tables makes 12 players which conveniently would make three four player tables...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
19 May 2023 10:53 #108124 by Hakuron

Huh?

Two six player tables makes 12 players which conveniently would make three four player tables...

We were 6 players that evening, so we first played the League game with a table of 6 and afterwards a casual with a table of 6. (I hoped this would be indicated by mentioning that 4 players waited for Ali and me to arrive.)
:silly:

More
22 May 2023 07:16 - 22 May 2023 07:16 #108137 by cordovader

Huh?

We were 6 players that evening, so we first played the League game with a table of 6 and afterwards a casual with a table of 6. (I hoped this would be indicated by mentioning that 4 players waited for Ali and me to arrive.)
:silly:

Where is the old version of Parity Shift when you need it...
Last edit: 22 May 2023 07:16 by cordovader.

More
22 May 2023 07:55 #108139 by alf

Where is the old version of Parity Shift when you need it...

Which usually was capped at five in these constellations anyways, same as Conservative Agitation et. al.

<INSERT CLEVER QUOTATION HERE>

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds