file Eternal Vigilance: Atlanta (mini report)

05 Sep 2011 16:43 #9612 by Adonai
Haze won this tournament (2R + F, multi-deck) with a Turbo Baron variant.

www.vekn.net/index.php/event-calendar/event/6378

Well done sir!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2011 18:55 #9771 by Haze
I started the final round with the perfect opening hand.... except no Soul Gem. and there was no soul gem for many many turns! we counted the cards I played, and 25 cards (out of 77 in the deck (had 5 vast wealths and 2 soul gems)) flew by with no soul gem. all I could do was bleed for 2 with The Baron and Rafaele Giovanni every turn, which wasn't too shabby. my predator's Salubri-Antitribu could only bleed me for about 3 per turn, and my Grand-Predator Robyn was having too much trouble defending to try to go forward, so no bleeds were getting bounced into me. so I had some time to be patient and search for that blasted gem.

finally the Vast Wealth came down, the Baron got his soul gem, and then the long-awaited Force of Will was cancelled by Dark Influences! another turn of sitting around, doh. and another turn of nothing since I didn't have a 2nd copy in hand at the time. THEN I drew into a Dreams to cycle my hand and get the FoW bleeds, but I had to fight tooth and nail to get those 0-stealth Possessions through. I ran out of library, but everyone had been so worn down that a few bondings were enough to finish the job.

an interesting game that could've gone to anyone. "Turbo" Baron indeed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds