file New Crypt Card: Alessandra Cordata

06 Jan 2012 13:37 - 06 Jan 2012 13:42 #20105 by wastaz

Since a long time ago, i have curiosity for the reference books of Sha-Ennu (and Marthe Dizier). Are they in some book? (I asked in the past in the white-wolf forums and nobody knew).

Actually, I was taking that from memory which seems to have served me wrong as usual.

After some searching I found some other discussions/wikis on this topic
forums.white-wolf.com/cs/forums/t/24862.aspx
wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Gorchist
whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Regent_(Sabbat)
wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Tzimisce

For those not wanting to go read all of that themselves, I've tried to quickly summarize it in the spoiler below

Warning: Spoiler!

Also, it kind of feels like I've hijacked this thread with lore-discussions. I love the lore and would certainly love discussing it and how well it does or does not fit together with the game, but maybe we should do that in another thread more suited for it in order to not further dilute this thread :)
Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 13:42 by wastaz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2012 14:15 #20111 by echiang
Also realize that a lot of the Lore websites are derivative of each other, so it's actually quite easy for misinformation and errors to propagate.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
06 Jan 2012 14:37 - 06 Jan 2012 14:43 #20121 by jamesatzephyr

Name: Alessandra Cordata
Clan: Lasombra
Group: 5
Capacity: 9
Discipline: AUS DOM OBT POT
Sabbat Priscus. Alessandra gets 1 additional vote for every Boon you control. She gains a blood whenever you put a Boon into play. +1 Hand Size.

More of a meta-issue than a critique of your card per se...

The Lasombra usually tend towards big vampires for votes. Excluding bishops (since the title is usually, in my opinion, really weak), their cheapest titles are 8 caps or Dr Julius Sutphen merged - a 5 cap, but with all the hassle of merging.

In Group 4, they have Anton, Luca and Melinda coming in at 9, 10 and 10.

For me, it might be nice to see a slightly cheaper vampire. So, nicking your vampire and squeezing it a bit, that might give something like...
Alessandra Cordata
Lasombra
7 cap
AUS OBT dom pot
Sabbat Archbishop of Milan. Alessandra gets 1 additional vote for every Boon you control.

There's still AUS/OBT fun. AUS still gives you access to Telepathic Vote Counting. It's unusual without being unplayable, it potentially opens up a slightly different avenue for the Lasombra, and could be interesting that way.

I'm not sure that quite feels like it comes out to 8 points (for a 7 cap). Perhaps there's scope for another minor benefit, although I can't think of a simple one quickly.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 14:43 by jamesatzephyr.

More
06 Jan 2012 15:14 #20131 by Drain
Certainly a possiblity, yes. I chose not to go against the grain in that particular regard due to two (also meta) factors:

- I've recently been proposing a series of vampires of varying capacity and clan and all so far have been in the mid-cap range, with none of them ever having all of their in-clans at superior. I wanted to make this one in-clan focused, for a change.

- I wanted her to be an extremely competent minion. And also to prevent her from being easily playable with Orlando Oriundus, whose special I fear could break her a bit (With your standing proposal he can govern her out in one turn and instantly haver her get four votes with additional two for every boon played).

Even as a 7-cap, I would retain her blood-gain ability for boons played. Archbishop might be better than Priscus but she would still be a 7 cap with just one superior in-clan.

Drain

More
06 Jan 2012 15:22 #20133 by Lech

Name: Alessandra Cordata
Clan: Lasombra
Group: 5
Capacity: 9
Discipline: AUS DOM OBT POT
Sabbat Priscus. Alessandra gets 1 additional vote for every Boon you control. She gains a blood whenever you put a Boon into play. +1 Hand Size.

More of a meta-issue than a critique of your card per se...

The Lasombra usually tend towards big vampires for votes. Excluding bishops (since the title is usually, in my opinion, really weak), their cheapest titles are 8 caps or Dr Julius Sutphen merged - a 5 cap, but with all the hassle of merging.

In Group 4, they have Anton, Luca and Melinda coming in at 9, 10 and 10.

For me, it might be nice to see a slightly cheaper vampire. So, nicking your vampire and squeezing it a bit, that might give something like...
Alessandra Cordata
Lasombra
7 cap
AUS OBT dom pot
Sabbat Archbishop of Milan. Alessandra gets 1 additional vote for every Boon you control.

There's still AUS/OBT fun. AUS still gives you access to Telepathic Vote Counting. It's unusual without being unplayable, it potentially opens up a slightly different avenue for the Lasombra, and could be interesting that way.

I'm not sure that quite feels like it comes out to 8 points (for a 7 cap). Perhaps there's scope for another minor benefit, although I can't think of a simple one quickly.

Not good vampire, one discipline at superior for 7 cap titled vampire is low-end.

:AUS: :OBT: :POT: :dom: sound way more reasonable.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
06 Jan 2012 15:26 - 06 Jan 2012 15:27 #20134 by jamesatzephyr

I wanted her to be an extremely competent minion. And also to prevent her from being easily playable with Orlando Oriundus, whose special I fear could break her a bit (With your standing proposal he can govern her out in one turn and instantly haver her get four votes with additional two for every boon played).

If you want to avoid the second half, then you can go with something like:
While Alessandra is ready, you gain one additional vote for each Boon in play.

Which is less abusable with Orlando, although also not vulnerable to vote cancellation.

Alternatively, you could make the special a bit weaker, and then maybe give herself something else to make up for it.
Alessandra Cordata
Lasombra
7 cap
AUS OBT dom pot cel
Sabbat Archbishop of Milan. If you control any Boons, Alessandra has 1 additional vote.

i.e. you control 7 Boons, she still has only 1 additional vote. At that point, the special is a bit fringe, so adding cel in. Which isn't (to my mind) as power-trippy as giving her another superior, or Fortitude. So she'd be a shade over 8 points.

It would compare interestingly alongside Mukhtar Bey, for example.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 15:27 by jamesatzephyr.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds