file Card type idea: Master - Flaw

24 Jan 2012 15:20 - 24 Jan 2012 15:21 #21610 by Jeff Kuta
I just think it's an interesting concept. Merits and Flaws were always a cool way to customize vampires. Deckbuilding is all about finding the best way to make a particular strategy work; it's not always about power gaming. It really all comes down to implementation. For example, the original Archetypes being restricted to Sabbat only really hurt that concept from the start. I do agree with your concerns that the bonus to be received from having a Flaw would have to be significant enough to merit actually including in a deck, but a bit of hypothetical tinkering with a new mechanic never hurt. Even if something like this never sees the light of day, it is still a good mental exercise.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
Last edit: 24 Jan 2012 15:21 by Jeff Kuta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LunaSlave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2012 21:13 #21658 by Haze
why not make it a seperate custom deck in the middle of the table? every vampire that get influenced out draws the top merit/flaw card.

I don't think it'll work very well in the normal VTES game, as I still don't think Archetypes were a good idea, but as part of a silly variant game with more RPG elements, it might work as a random element every vampire starts with.

More
25 Jan 2012 11:32 #21687 by Joscha

Placing discipline cards in non-standard ways allows you to avoid their restrictions. In particular, this would let you play Abombwe on anyone.

That's right. OTOH you have to take a disadvantage for that Abombwe too. So that probably can be balanced out.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
25 Jan 2012 11:44 #21688 by Ohlmann
And it's abonwe we're talking of, not temporis or spiritus.

More
26 Jan 2012 12:05 #21735 by jamesatzephyr

That's right. OTOH you have to take a disadvantage for that Abombwe too. So that probably can be balanced out.

With the sorts of flaws that are being bandied around, the flaws aren't really flaws. Woo, I'm Sterile - but that's okay, because I don't have a single vampire-creating card in this deck.

I don't have any particular objection to this, or Abombwe being playable in this manner. (It was mostly pointing out that I wasn't sure it was intentional.) However, if I stack my deck with a bunch of cards that have no negative impact on me and which let me get out a discipline card more easily and cheaply, should we just bite the bullet and make a card that lets you get discipline cards out more easily?

More
26 Jan 2012 14:20 #21739 by porphyrion

should we just bite the bullet and make a card that lets you get discipline cards out more easily?

yes, i think so. it could also help bridge the gap *a little* between anson, nana, cybele and almost everyone else. a flaw targetting extra master phase action-allowing vampires a.o could also be a good idea ;-)
an event card allowing for discipline cards to be played as trifles on 2+caps would be very welcome (tupdogs and converts are crazy enough as it is).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds