check Invitation to playtest

28 Apr 2012 06:54 #28878 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Invitation to playtest
It is cool that you three like to develop another expansion. Just do it with the backup of VEKN and as a second expansion, to give it a good, solid background and to not disunite the community.

Together we stand, divided we fall.

Baron of Frankfurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, extrala

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2012 09:17 #28894 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Invitation to playtest
Carl, Eric and Jeff.
Please stop being silly and rocking the V:TES boat.
Looks especially bad for Eric the Inner Circle Member...

In light of this I suggest that we modify the design team's contract (if there is any) so that the ownership of the cards designed is in the hands of the organization, not the designers. At least as long as there is no new publisher for the game (ie. until any possible money enters the picture).

If this forum's card suggestion threads are used to harvest for new card ideas for playtesting/future expansions then the same needs to be applied to all these suggestions/threads as well. So that by default when you suggest a card in this forum you are handing over the rights of those cards/ideas to VEKN.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, vragozakas, Boris The Blade, Pendargon

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Apr 2012 11:40 #28902 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Invitation to playtest
If a player has the time, conditions and ability to playtest, why would he be interest in working with something that is divisive, non official and reeks of personal agenda all over?

Why not work in the official Project?

Do you think it is being badly run? Do you think you could do a better job?
Awesome!
Please take this advise into account:
-Stop any type of action that is in parallel with the Expansion being tested now.
-Make a project (team description, communication methods, timings, possible theme, etc..). Apply it to VEKN (ICs, NCs, etc) for the next expansion.
-Be clear you guys want to be the 3 Lead Designers.
-Be open to VEKN's position on the number of cards and main themes. The IC's need to think long term. The Leads Designers of each expansion do not.

I'm sure this is much more helpful to us all. You included.
Unless you guys have issues with all the VEKN IC and most of the NCs.
If that's the case, you're a small minority of 3, because they're awesome people and I think they would take your case into consideration.
That is, if you don't keep burning your bridges.

Relax, don't do it,
Tiago

PS: As lead designer, I don't wish for any novel material or characters from the BYOS Lisboa: 1999 or the Official Storyline Friday 13th to be used outside of VEKN sanctioned projects at this time.
I'm sorry but I wouldn't feel good with such material being used in a project that divides us.
This would include Claudio Severino, but also any other cards I gave my opinion / input in, as I was under the notion it was to be released officially.
You can disregard my wish, of course. I will not comment or voice an opinion on the matter if you do, as I feel I would also be helping to divide us.

More
28 Apr 2012 12:18 #28903 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Invitation to playtest

Carl, Eric and Jeff.
Please stop being silly and rocking the V:TES boat.
Looks especially bad for Eric the Inner Circle Member...

Well, they believe the boat is sinking and try to wake peoples. It just happen that no information permitting to agree or disagree with them is public.

More
28 Apr 2012 12:33 #28904 by Pendargon
I find really sad what they are trying to do here. We cannot put aside our personal differences over a future of a game we all share, play and like.

They have been also sending personal invitation emails, one was sent to me.

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
28 Apr 2012 12:40 - 28 Apr 2012 12:46 #28905 by Squidalot
I'd also rather they didn't use the VEKN 'open request' for playtesters or my playtest data to e-mail playtesters by name it seems more than a little rude.

if you want playtesters go get them yourself politely without junk mailing everyone
Last edit: 28 Apr 2012 12:46 by Squidalot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans, Lönkka, Robyn Tatu, Pendargon, DTA

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds