exclamation-circle Guardians of the Faith, a PDF VTES Set by PCK

09 Sep 2012 22:25 #36377 by Molloy

You're right that VEKN isn't exactly sitting on a pile of cash.

The VEKN has no funds at all. Zero dollars. Everything the VEKN does is done by volunteers and all costs are soaked by them or material is donated by 3rd parties.

This volunteer work appears to be paving your way to what could be a very profitable business.

I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm saying that the *appearance* of impropriety is unmistakeable. That appearance may vanish if and when all the details are available -- we have no way of knowing. But the current VEKN leadership lost the benefit of the doubt in this affair a while ago.

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dude_PL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2012 23:46 - 09 Sep 2012 23:50 #36386 by Reyda
@direwolf : my english is not perfect, but aren't you making a confusion between copyright and copywrite ?

@ Amenophorhymenoceros : the timing is very well calculated, too calculated in fact to be a innocent move, and everybody has seen it ... :/ Too bad, because there are some interesting cards in this mini set. But alas the majority is not worth playing. Maybe if you did more playtest... :troll:

@ molloy : I'm 100% sure johannes is here for big money, exploitation of the work of innocent people, and of course for world domination :P . Or maybe he plans to propose some v:tes card design for the people who are working on dance macabre ? And can even pay them ? No, that would be too incredible...

Anyway, the PCK team has shown their card ideas. Those ideas can no longer get published as they were shown here. It's a move made a bit out of spite, but maybe it's not to make the game harder to republish : in their mind it's better than seeing their work eventually printed later under another name and really feel bitterly grudged. I can understand an bit.
But still, Empowering the curiah should only be called by priscii ;)

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 09 Sep 2012 23:50 by Reyda.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ohlmann

More
10 Sep 2012 00:54 #36388 by KevinM

This volunteer work appears to be paving your way to what could be a very profitable business.

"Very profitable business"

You appear to know nothing about the CCG industry. ;)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
10 Sep 2012 03:43 - 10 Sep 2012 20:29 #36393 by Juggernaut1981
Faustrecht seems workable.
Divergent Evolution seems too fiddly in real play (keeping track of which copy provides which discipline).
Malfaen Pact may have problems with "Do vampires stay infernal after this card goes?"
Defending the Warren seems interesting, but probably useless (with ANI the intercept is not needed and without ANI you wouldn't leave enough minions untapped to deal with :DOM: bleed.)
Ductus seems to be too complex.
Sabbat Intrigue is a Swiss Army Knife... 14 functions and none of them work as well as you'd like when you'd like.
Empowering the Curia doesn't have enough 'cardinal' cards to make it worth playing.
Mustering the Forces is too "all or nothing". You either give a single bleed +5 or you reduce one bleed by 5. Not enough versatility to make it worth putting in.
Taking out the Cornerstone seems to allow Vote Decks to play Fame to oust along with KRC. Put's too much power into already strong concepts (!Tor Vote, Las G2 vote, etc).
Borrowed Time would be weak in any deck that can't bloat 1 or 2 pool regularly, but those decks won't need it anyway...

[Edited to include comments on Vampires]
Gold Pan Dan seems solid.
Septemus could be breakable with Mustering the Forces.
Tiberiue is meh. Nothing awesome but not complete crud. Just reinforced !Gan = PRO
Ankh-mon-te is strange. Not sure why you'd be wanting to play this minion unless there is some overlap with vamps like Allonzo Montoya (haven't checked groupings yet).
Arnulf's text is interesting, but I don't know if I'd play him over Ashur Tablets.
Pamela is all delivery and no payload. Might not be a bad thing, but she also probably speeds up the notorious Nocturn decks.
Badr is interesting and facilitates Las multi-rush type decks but I'm still not sure if I'd prefer him to have [for] instead of [DOM].
Maria Sandoza is making me build Dead Hand Rush Combat. Hopefully Inquisitor will be more than just ink.
Cedilia is interesting, but I would be using her because it seems like an ability that wouldn't help me any more than just trying some other way to get :dai:.
Zhou might make the Research Area better, but it still seems fairly useless. It's effectively additional handsize, not sure if its better than traditional handsize particularly with so few Inquisitor options.
Parovich: +bleed is nice but I don't know if I want to pay 2 pool for +1 bleed and two other effects that aren't going to really get used as much.
Matron: +bleed is interesting. :SER: feels a but redundant unless there is a good thread of it through the exist !Nos of the G4-5.
Smith: Huh? All payload, no delivery and then the payload is nerfed??
Moraye: Multi-acting combat machine. Rutors, Weather Control, Flesh of Marble, Freak Drive and Nose of the Hound? Moraye really pushes some seriously strong combat buttons. It's going to freak out the "Dominate Bleed is King" camp if it ever became legal.
Ranulph: What are we letting them have? Cheap fetish club hunting grounds and free patronages? Unless you're planning to shower them with !Tor cards it seems a little pointless.
Andrew: I hate seeing any vampire able to play Majesty for free. That's not going to be good for the game. Oh and then there's the Legals, Public Trusts, Aires and Awes that will all work a lot better. :DEM: confuses me on !Tors... what happened to their flesh-crafting body-mutilating shape-changing ways?? :VIC: :PRO: ??
Oblatam: Cheap Archbishop for the !Tre... fun with Orlando.
Zarastus: Woohooo an EASY wasy to recruit for the Black Hand... Shame he only has :aus: since :AUS: is the discipline of choice for the Black Hand.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 10 Sep 2012 20:29 by Juggernaut1981.
The following user(s) said Thank You: echiang

More
10 Sep 2012 05:21 #36396 by Poci
That would not be a problem, if 2 separate teams working on different expansions, because it means more new cards, which is good if they are real, printed cards (but I don't think that will happen after this). But it could be a botched move for them, and for the game as well. The cards are mainly the ones which were discarded before and not just because the dispute. These cards didn't worth this new backlash.
If this causes a setback or the failure of the new possible contract talks, it'd be the worst for the whole community (and would give the community a few guys to blame for it...).

More
10 Sep 2012 06:55 #36398 by johannes
There is no reason to be worried about this, after all it is just a fan card submission, although based on a very early development cycle of an actual VEKN set. The design team has double checked all possible overlaps of card content to avoid any misunderstanding during a possible future publication process. I can re-assure you the VEKN issued set will not use any original ideas that have been published here (obviously a vampire name or a discipline spread is not an original idea, it is found in the canon). There are a couple of really minor things we´ll need to correct, but that isn´t much of an issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, er-principe, Lönkka, brandonsantacruz, Randy, Boris The Blade, Tomas, DTA, Ke.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds