file Submission: "Direct Interference" Master card

28 Oct 2012 16:42 - 29 Oct 2012 21:46 #39863 by self biased
Name: Direct Interference
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 2 pool
Text: Unique Master. Put this card into play and name a Unique card already in play. This card counts as a copy of the named Unique card. Lose one Master Phase Action. Burn this card when the Contest ends. A Methuselah may only play one Direct Interference per game.
art notes: Shadowy lips whispering into the ear of another kindred.
WOD source: None in particular, but generally speaking if a methuselah wants to get its hands dirty, the deck is stacked in its favor.

This is the original and extremely imperfect idea. I like the Contest mechanic, and wished it would come up more often, but with so many cards out there, it seems to be pretty rare. under this wording Crypt can also be contested which would make this card rather powerful. The cost to contest could be bumped up a pool to make it super costly, but that still wouldn't prevent this as a way to edge out a minion during a critical moment. I'd be in favor of limiting this to just library cards, and possibly eliminating the cost to contest for the person who played the actual card being contested.

thoughts? comments? movie reviews?
Last edit: 29 Oct 2012 21:46 by self biased.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2012 16:46 #39864 by Klaital
I would limit it to only library cards, as we really don't need another, better pentex subversion. With that change its then fairly similar to the Lasombra card Political Seizure, though more versatile since it can contest more than just locations, so you might want to limit it further to not make it just inherently better.

More
28 Oct 2012 19:31 #39869 by Juggernaut1981
So you'd like to create a copy of the Lasombra Clan card "Political Seizure" that works for most things, costs the same as the Clan card and has lower requirements?

Political Seizure
Type: Master
Requires: Lasombra
Cost: 2 pool
Master.
Choose a location controlled by another Methuselah. This card contests that location as though it were the same card, even if the other location is not unique. When the last copy of that location is yielded, burn this card; the other card comes into play under your control untapped instead of being burned.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
28 Oct 2012 19:45 - 28 Oct 2012 19:46 #39873 by Lech
Yeah, no game designed made a card that is plain superior to other card with requirement, wait - they did (eyes of the dead and deadliest sin). How many years ago you meet someone who played political seizure. Ask yourself.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 28 Oct 2012 19:46 by Lech.

More
28 Oct 2012 19:54 - 28 Oct 2012 19:55 #39876 by Reyda

Yeah, no game designed made a card that is plain superior to other card with requirement, wait - they did (eyes of the dead and deadliest sin). How many years ago you meet someone who played political seizure. Ask yourself.

the more I think about it, the more Political seizure seems to be a good card now.
Papillon, monastery of shadow & all did not exist at the time it was printed. And It can also be a solution against decks abusing Ankara Citadel. It can also annoy fighters decks relying on yawp court or Carver to secure their back.
It requires no action, cannot be delayed or directed. I think it's quite nice. Unlike unnatural disaster (which has no requirement), it does not allow your opponent to just use recursion (anthelios/ashur) to take the card back in the ash heap to play it again.

It's not because a card is not played that it is utterly bad. Sometime it's just because no one figured how truly good it is : For years there were zero pentex in european decks, until one day, a playgroup called "the swiss academy" showed us the impact it had on most games. Food for thoughts i'd say :side:

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 28 Oct 2012 19:55 by Reyda.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech, self biased

More
28 Oct 2012 21:13 #39879 by self biased
um,yeah.

i wasn't aware of political seizure, and i do concur that there are a number of similarities. My card has some differences, though. Firstly, it also burns a master phase action. Secondly, you don't end up with the card you're contesting. Thirdly, only one can be played per game.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds