file Submission - Tyrone, the Weekender (crypt card)

09 Nov 2012 09:07 #40691 by LunaSlave
Name: Tyrone, the Weekender
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Ventrue
Level: Basic
Group: 6
Capacity: 6
Discipline: pot dom PRE FOR
Camarilla. During your untap phase, if Tyrone is ready, he may burn 1 blood to become Anarch (and Independent) until the end of the turn. He may not become a Baron.

Art notes: Tyrone's age at the time of embrace appears to be his late 30's. He is black, has a shaved head, and is immaculately dressed in an expensive 3 piece business suit. Behind him is his wardrobe, in which hang an array of well-pressed dress clothes - and an out-of-place looking leather jacket bearing numerous gutter punk patches, pins and spikes.

World of Darkness reference: Vampire: The Masquerade Guide to the Camarilla (WW 2302) page 207.

How does this address a compelling game need?: Tyrone would potentially allow players to dabble with an anarch strategy without committing to it fully either by playing other cards to make him anarch or having to take the standard, yet expensive action that costs 2 blood. This could create more possible decktypes and slightly greater flexibility with that mechanic. Tyrone's ability may also help to mitigate the bad draws that so often seem to come with anarch decks when they can't get easy access to Anarch Converts or other cards to "go anarch". Besides, the last big group of anarchs was Group 4 - we're due for some more!

Created by: Jay Gannon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2012 09:49 #40692 by Ohlmann
Why people want to use the more powerful than normal anarch card without paying the cost which is using the cards that make anarch is beyond me. Why not making vampire with sup' obeah but not scarce while we are at it ?

In any case, the card is just bad for the game. Until it is with a complete rebuilding of the existing anarch card, card that are naturally anarch should be merged one or extremely rare.

More
09 Nov 2012 11:59 #40695 by Ankha

Why people want to use the more powerful than normal anarch card without paying the cost which is using the cards that make anarch is beyond me. Why not making vampire with sup' obeah but not scarce while we are at it ?

In any case, the card is just bad for the game. Until it is with a complete rebuilding of the existing anarch card, card that are naturally anarch should be merged one or extremely rare.

His special lasts until the end of turn and costs 1 blood, so I'm not convinced it's "more powerful".
I don't think anarch decks will include him just because of his special. He costs 6, has inferior dominate, nothing groundbreaking.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
09 Nov 2012 12:12 #40696 by Whisker
I see two uses for this guy.
1. He allows rest of your vampires to go anarch litle cheaper.
2. Play or defend against Anarch Revolts without comiting to anarchy.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds