check PCK Laibon Set Round 3 of Playtesting has Concluded

16 Jul 2013 16:03 #51644 by Timo

Priscus is often considered a much weaker title than Cardinal or even Archbishop. Multiple Prisci aren't particularly helpful, and it is strictly better to upgrade your title via Cardinal Benediction.

I love this piece of thing. It's like saying that Justicar title are much weaker than Inner Circle or even prince.

Simple question:

Would you rather control 2 Prisci or 2 Archbishops?

I would rather have 1 of each.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2013 18:52 #51686 by Juggernaut1981

RE: Guardians of the Faith Set

1) Is there a thematic reason for Faustrecht[]?

Thematic reason would be that !Brujah are more likely to do things by force. Hence the name - loosely translated into "fist law/rule of force/law of the jungle".
We thought the name to be very appropriate. ;)

See when I hit Faustrecht with Google Translate it came up with "Right fist"... which immediately sounds like it is meant to be the opposite of "Left fist". What I don't get, with your "rule by force" card, is how that is supposed to result in bleed reduction? The anti-flick I can see but the bleed reduction I don't.

The other problem I have with the card is that it requires !Brujah to not be blocked... Blocking a !Brujah should be the easiest thing in the world. Bowl of Convergence and most of your work is done. (Yes the Brujah could beat the living snot out of them but the action still didn't go through, whatever it was).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
16 Jul 2013 19:28 #51690 by Amenophobis

RE: Guardians of the Faith Set

1) Is there a thematic reason for Faustrecht[]?

Thematic reason would be that !Brujah are more likely to do things by force. Hence the name - loosely translated into "fist law/rule of force/law of the jungle".
We thought the name to be very appropriate. ;)

See when I hit Faustrecht with Google Translate it came up with "Right fist"... which immediately sounds like it is meant to be the opposite of "Left fist". What I don't get, with your "rule by force" card, is how that is supposed to result in bleed reduction? The anti-flick I can see but the bleed reduction I don't.

The other problem I have with the card is that it requires !Brujah to not be blocked... Blocking a !Brujah should be the easiest thing in the world. Bowl of Convergence and most of your work is done. (Yes the Brujah could beat the living snot out of them but the action still didn't go through, whatever it was).

You know - google translate doesn't really work well. :laugh:
Faustrecht is a mediaval german word. It just means what !Brujah with :pot: do best: rule by violence! B-)

In a fantasy world (which the WoD indeed is), you can find any number of explanations for all things in existence. When you rule by force, you can exert influence on those you can intimidate. Which can result in less pressure on your resources (in VTES: pool). Voila. :)

Bruise & Bleed might like Faustrecht. Often D-actions don't get blocked because of fear of loss of a minion. Which happens right often where I come from. YMMV, though.

More
16 Jul 2013 19:30 - 16 Jul 2013 19:31 #51691 by Ohlmann

Simple question:

Would you rather control 2 Prisci or 2 Archbishops?

It's a simple but more importantly a stupid question. Or a rethoric trap, depending on you prefering to be considered as stupid or as manipulative.

First, as Timo said, you actually want one of each. But more importantly, you are very likely to be forced to have one of each. two priscus in the same grouping that pander to the same kind of deck are rare : they are too few of them to have much discipline overlap, and often one is a straight up better version of the other.

That lead to the second point that show how retarded your question is : sometime, an archbishop or even a bishop can fit better your deck than an Inner Circle or regent. Because he is smaller or because his special ability is better for the deck. Or both

Let's take as example a !Brujah political deck in gr 3-4. You have 2 archbishop, Armin Brenner and Marcel de Breau, and two priscus, Hektor and Shawnda. Armin and Hektor stand out of thoses 4 titled vampire, simply because theirs discipline tie well together and they both have very useful special, while Marcel de Breau is too big for basically a blank vampire without useful out of clan discipline, and Shawnda lack too much in the discipline compartment and work better with other vampires.

There is some priscus who share enough to be considered in the same deck. For example, Venere Carboni and Matteus, flesh scultor. There is also a metric shiton of other titled vampire to make your deck with, like Lachlan or Madame Guil. Complaining that two priscus don't "stack" well is the same a complaining that two time the same vampire don't stack well.
Last edit: 16 Jul 2013 19:31 by Ohlmann.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

More
16 Jul 2013 20:00 #51698 by ICL
I think the point of making Prisci better is that it might encourage people to play with more than one Priscus in a deck, which, as stated, is rare. Just as one might run all Princes with Obfuscate, someone might want to run all Prisci with ... I don't know ... Obfuscate?

There are so very many things that can be expanded in the game that it's hard to choose a place to start.

I haven't been paying that close attention, so I may have missed it, but rather than nitpick on cards when a set has been completed, even if you dislike the set, which has certainly been my view of some sets put out by WotC/WW, may be more constructive to assess whether you would play each card and/or whether you would want to play each card.

More
17 Jul 2013 00:49 #51704 by brettscho

It's a simple but more importantly a stupid question. Or a rethoric trap, depending on you prefering to be considered as stupid or as manipulative.

Ohlmann - Got to say, pretty shocked at how much you hate these cards. You must either be very passionate about this game, or a very... aggressive person in general. Not sure what you are trying to communicate other than that you think these cards are the worst thing to ever happen to VTES. If that is all you want to say, allow me to assure you that it has been fully communicated. If you have something else you want to mention, you need to spell it out better for slow people like me.

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds