file Something new for Dementation

12 Jul 2013 10:36 #51386 by Jannu
Mind over matter
:action: +1 Stealth
:dem: Move an equipment card from any other minion to this minion. This acting minion burns X blood where X is the pool/blood cost of the equipment.
:DEM: Take control of any location. If this location would get contested, burn it. This acting minion burns X blood where X is the pool/blood cost of the location.

Narcholepsy
:combat: 2:blood:
:dem: Strike: Hand strike. Put this card on the opposing minion (only on close range). That minion must burn 1 blood to untap. This card may be burned as +1 stealth action by any minion.
:DEM: As above but Strike: Combat ends instead of hand strike.

Great minds think alike.
:action: +1 stealth action
:dem: Put this card on any other vampire with :dem:. That minion gains one level of any discipline this acting minion has. Not useable on discipline this minion has on superior.
:DEM: This minion gains one level of any discipline on any minion on table. Not useable on discipline this minion has on superior.

:POT: Potence, if it doesn't work, you just aren't using enough :POT:

National Coordinator of Finland
Prince of Hämeenlinna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2013 10:38 #51387 by Ohlmann
I don't like the first one, out of flavor for dementation and not particulary needed in my opinion.

I love the other two. Especially Narcholepsy

More
12 Jul 2013 11:02 - 12 Jul 2013 12:37 #51389 by jamesatzephyr

Mind over matter
:action: +1 Stealth
:dem: Move an equipment card from any other minion to this minion. This acting minion burns X blood where X is the pool/blood cost of the equipment.
:DEM: Take control of any location. If this location would get contested, burn it. This acting minion burns X blood where X is the pool/blood cost of the location.

Not massively convinced by it. Feels like it's encroaching rather on Chimerstry, and doing it more versatile-y. Yeah, it's usually more expensively, but most of the cards that see regular play aren't super expensive.

The superior would probably benefit from:

1) a (D) symbol (not required, but you're probably stealing someone else's location, right?)
2) a minor rewrite like "(D) Take control of any location, and put this card on that location. If this location would be contested, burn it instead." That way the card is hanging around to remind you to burn it when someone else plays The Barrens, or whatever.

Edit-to-add: also, a DEM vampire with 1 blood can steal a hunting ground, because the "burn 4 blood" bit isn't a cost, just an effect. Ditto, a 1 blood dem vamp stealing an Assault Rifle. Even if intentional, that starts feeling a bit creepy.

Narcholepsy
:dem: Strike: Hand strike. Put this card on the opposing minion (only on close range). That minion must burn 1 blood to untap. This card may be burned as +1 stealth action by any minion.
:DEM: As above but Strike: Combat ends instead of hand strike.

Quite cute. The "only at close range" text isn't strictly required.

Is this intended to cover the normal untap, or any untap? For example, does playing Second Tradition require me to burn another blood? If my Mylan Horseed untaps your vampire, does your vampire burn a blood?

Great minds think alike.
:dem: Put this card on any other vampire with :dem:. That minion gains one level of any discipline this acting minion has. Not useable on discipline this minion has on superior.
:DEM: This minion gains one level of any discipline on any minion on table. Not useable on discipline this minion has on superior.

Crying out for a companion card called "Fools seldom differ".

Needs some rewording of the text, though.

At inferior: Flipping about being vampire and minion. When it talks about "not useable on discipline this minion has on superior", are you talking about the acting minion or the minion with this card?

Superior: is it permanent? (If so, put it on the vampire.) Is it meant to be "As above, but..." or is it intended to give the acting vampire any discipline on the table? Combined with Agent of Power or a star vampire, does it hand out bloodline disciplines too easily?
Last edit: 12 Jul 2013 12:37 by jamesatzephyr.

More
12 Jul 2013 13:35 #51393 by Jannu
:action: Mind over matter
+1 Stealth X:blood:
:dem: (d) Move an equipment card from any other minion to this minion. This acting minion burns X blood where X is the pool/blood cost of the equipment.
:DEM: (d) Take control of any location, and put this card on that location. If this location would be contested, burn it instead. This acting minion burns X blood where X is the pool/blood cost of the location."

1. You are absolutely right. I rewrote it to be more sensible.
2. I feel, that Dementation should have more versatile cards and I think this would be playable. Do you feel this card would be too powerful? Should it have fixed cost like 2-3 blood?
Edit. Oh, i hadn't noticed that it wouldn't be the cost. Adding X blood cost should fix this?

Narcholepsy
S:dem: trike: Hand strike. Put this card on the opposing minion. That minion must burn 1 blood to untap. This card may be burned as +1 stealth action by any minion.
:DEM: As :dem: above but Strike: Combat ends instead of hand strike.

It was intended to cover every possible way to untap that minion.

Great minds think alike.
:dem:(d) Put this card on any other vampire with :dem: That vampire gains one level of any discipline this acting minion has. Not useable on discipline that vampire has on superior.
:DEM: Put this card on this acting vampire. This vampire gains one level of any one discipline on any minion on table. Not useable on discipline this vampire has on superior.

Apparently not too well thought card on any way. Now rewrote to be like it was meant to be.
1. Inferior would require dementation from both vampires ant teach one level of discipline. Not too powerful, I think?
2. The Superior effect was meant to be a way to teach this acting vampire a discipline he does not have or has at inferior.

:POT: Potence, if it doesn't work, you just aren't using enough :POT:

National Coordinator of Finland
Prince of Hämeenlinna

More
12 Jul 2013 14:09 #51397 by kombainas

Narcholepsy
2:blood:
S:dem: trike: Hand strike. Put this card on the opposing minion. That minion must burn 1 blood to untap. This card may be burned as +1 stealth action by any minion.
As above but Strike: Combat ends instead of hand strike.

I believe the cost is too high. You'd have to compare sup with Coma, which does so much more for that 1 extra blood, yet suffers same drawbacks. Inferior also leaves you vulnerable and not worth those 2 blood. I'd suggest making the cost 1 and changing sup into useable only at long range or could even be useable at any range, it would still be on par with No Trace.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
12 Jul 2013 14:24 #51398 by Ohlmann
I completely disagree with your opinion Kombainas.

I compare the card to sup' Majesty : it's arguably better, in a discipline that should be less good at preventing combat.

At 2 blood it give you another nasty thing to do to your opponent.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds