file Card submission: Rasputin

06 Apr 2014 14:52 - 06 Apr 2014 14:53 #60692 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Card submission: Rasputin

Stealthy vote decks that have a relatively low number of high impact stealth cards like Lost in Crowds and Forgotten Labyrinth.

If that is the main/intended beneficiary, then I'd have to question why. It's not like they're not already really quite good decks. Do they need another way to win?

To be clear, I'm not disagreeing with you. Seems unintended based on the first post but that's how I'd abuse it.
Last edit: 06 Apr 2014 14:53 by Suoli.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2014 18:16 #60697 by Klaital
It is more intended to help those vampires, especially larger ones (who are often titled, and even if not, can afford the 2 blood) without any strong stleath discpline, to be more playable by getting actions through better. Like say, Tremere, Toreador, Ventrue, Brujah, Guruhi, and Ishtarri to name a few. If you already have OBF, its hardly likely you will be needing this card.

More
06 Apr 2014 18:51 #60698 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Re: Card submission: Rasputin

It is more intended to help those vampires, especially larger ones (who are often titled, and even if not, can afford the 2 blood) without any strong stleath discpline, to be more playable by getting actions through better. Like say, Tremere, Toreador, Ventrue, Brujah, Guruhi, and Ishtarri to name a few. If you already have OBF, its hardly likely you will be needing this card.

Standing extra 2 stealth on the table is very strong for a high cap vote deck. They don't care about the blood as they'll just Voter Cap afterwards and will only use the card when needed — you can cycle your stealth the rest of the time.

The "This vampire can not play action modifiers to increase stealth this action." clause is a good idea. It would still allow for non-traditional "stealth" (perfect paragon etc). Blood is cheap for voter cap decks, even two blood would be worth it as an option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: porphyrion

More
16 May 2014 12:56 #62447 by Malcolm Sprye
Off the top of my head, I'd say it would make Tremere vote decks more viable. They suffer from several things: low stealth, expensive voters, and low vote push. This lets them at least get their vote on the table.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds