file New card idea: bounce + damage

13 Jul 2011 11:55 #6223 by KevinM
How about a card that combines bounce + damage? Such as:

Partial Capture
Potence
Reaction
2 blood
Only usable when you are being bled, after blocks are declined.
[pot] Tap this reacting vampire. Inflict 1 damage on the acting minion or on one of the acting minion's retainers. Choose another Methuselah other than the acting minion's controller. The acting minion is now bleeding that Methuselah.
[POT] As above, but do not tap this reacting vampire.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2011 12:16 #6230 by Ankha

How about a card that combines bounce + damage? Such as:

Partial Capture
Potence
Reaction
2 blood
Only usable when you are being bled, after blocks are declined.
[pot] Tap this reacting vampire. Inflict 1 damage on the acting minion or on one of the acting minion's retainers. Choose another Methuselah other than the acting minion's controller. The acting minion is now bleeding that Methuselah.
[POT] As above, but do not tap this reacting vampire.

I know Potence does everything, but this is a bit too much.
I would make it a [pot][dom] card, reduce the cost and add an ally/younger condition (such as Redirection).

Partial Capture
Dominate/Potence
Reaction
1 blood
[pot][dom] Only usable when a younger vampire is bleeding you, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. Choose another Methuselah other than the acting vampire's controller. That acting vampire takes 1 damage and is now bleeding that Methuselah.
[POT][DOM] As above, but the acting vampire can be the same age or older.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
14 Jul 2011 10:04 #6288 by Disco_Stu

[I know Potence does everything, but this is a bit too much.
I would make it a [pot][dom] card, reduce the cost and add an ally/younger condition (such as Redirection).

Partial Capture
Dominate/Potence
Reaction
1 blood
[pot][dom] Only usable when a younger vampire is bleeding you, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. Choose another Methuselah other than the acting vampire's controller. That acting vampire takes 1 damage and is now bleeding that Methuselah.
[POT][DOM] As above, but the acting vampire can be the same age or older.

I like the redraft. Another option would be to add either the damaging effect or the bounce at superior;

Partial Capture v.3
Reaction
:dom: :pot: Only usable when an ally or younger vampire is bleeding you, after blocks are declined. The acting minion takes 1 damage. Only one Partial Capture can be played during an action.
:DOM: :POT: as above, and choose another Methuselah other than the acting vampire's controller. That acting vampire is now bleeding that Methuselah (if they are still ready). Tap this reacting vampire.

As is, the card can't be used as well during a flick chain (your grand-predator is Partially Captured by your predator then flicked onto you; the card is now dead in your hand), but the trade off is a zero blood cost and the ability to hurt allies. Too complex? Probably.

cheers

Disco Stu
Prince of Melbourne

More
14 Jul 2011 20:32 #6321 by Juggernaut1981
See having it as Dom-Pot basically throws it immediately at Lasombra and a limited number of Cam & Sabbat larger caps (e.g. Eurobrujah). I think the point of it being Potence was to open up flick to clans beyond the Dominate Clans without making flick a completely wholesale option.

Any Port in a Storm
Reaction
2 blood
Tap this reacting vampire. Only playable during a (D) action targeting you.
:pot: Deal 1 damage to the acting minion and end the action.
:POT: As :pot: above, and choose an eligible target for the action controlled by another Methuselah or another Methuselah. The acting minion is now targeting your chosen target.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
14 Jul 2011 22:17 #6322 by Brum
Not having been done before is not an excuse and "if LSJ didn't do it, it should not be done" isn't either, but I suspect that if you give troubleless protection to more combat decks it will cause unpredictable results.

By Troubleless Protection(tm) I mean bleed and referendum immunity without wasting many card slots. (Notable examples Deflection + Delaying Tactics).
The strongest weenie combat decks usually pack some vampires just for this type of protection. (Or the hated Master Bloat Machine. Ashur + Liquidation, etc)

Thus, I agree with forcing the use by a vampire older than the acting minion.
That clause makes much sense.
So now I have another question: do the big caps need such a card?
I don't think so.
What big gaps would gain from such a card?
Without much thought I think in Karsh, Enkidu, Jaroslav Pascek...
I've got nothing against the above mentioned gentlekindred, but I don't know the repercussions of them being able to rush forward with a care. :)

The :dom: :pot: card is nice and balanced, but I think people would still prefer Deflection.

But hey - I play :DOM: all the time :)

More
15 Jul 2011 05:37 #6328 by Ashur
I agree, the card should be pot-dom. This thing with all disciplines made able to do anything is not good.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds