file Another Deflection topic

15 Jul 2011 10:14 #6334 by Suoli
Ban Deflection, make a Redirection-copy for Fortitude. Gangrel and Samedi are slightly better, Vignes-type decks are slightly nerfed.

I don't feel that strongly about Deflection one way or the other and I would appreciate it if, for the sake of the argument, we could work under the assumption that it needs to be changed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2011 10:45 #6338 by Pendargon
Okay, can somebody explain to me, WHERE did all the deflection hate come from all of the sudden? Or did i miss something really important?

I noticed that this forum approximately has a month-cycle of hate for some card, and everybody wants to change/ban it.

Last month it was the girls/ashur/multiple MPA
Month before that, it was Pentex subversion.

And then, as sudden as it is, it dies, and everybody moves away to the next hate-topic.

Guys, Vtes is now out of production. We need to stand united, attract players, keep oldies from walking away, and maintain this wonderfull game now that it is in torpor, until, hopefully, one day it becomes printable again. Nothing is wrong with deflection, or pentex. They have been around since jihad. So have been MPA's, only in anson form. And girls deck die, my !Toreadors have done it twice already with ease. Yeah, if the table lets them live, and helps them (taking them out of torpor, and stuff), they will win. But guess what, so will weenie DEM, and nobody screams against that archetype.

What i am trying to say, I, for one, REALLY do no see the point in wasting energy in 3-4 different debates about banning/changing deflection.
Go out, play the game with your friends. Bleed, block and fight. Maybe attract the interest of somebody new. Build new decks, seek new combos. Above all, have fun, and don't let this game die.

I had to let it out of my system, sorry. Just my 2 cents...

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyrus

More
15 Jul 2011 10:58 - 15 Jul 2011 11:00 #6339 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Another Deflection topic

Go out, play the game with your friends.

I'm going to do just that later in the weekend. At this precise moment discussing the game will have to do.

I had to let it out of my system, sorry. Just my 2 cents...

I was hoping that posts like this could be kept to a minimum. There's already a dozen of them in the Girls-thread. This one was meant to be a strictly hypothetical discussion about Deflection and what would happen if it was changed. I'm not concerned about whether Deflection needs to be changed.
Last edit: 15 Jul 2011 11:00 by Suoli.

More
15 Jul 2011 13:05 #6341 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Another Deflection topic

Okay, can somebody explain to me, WHERE did all the deflection hate come from all of the sudden? Or did i miss something really important?

You missed something really important. There is no Deflection hate. What exists are some people talking about Deflection and how it would be interesting to have it be costed differently, and you thinking that the entire discussion qualifies as 'hate'.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
15 Jul 2011 20:34 #6350 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: Another Deflection topic
No, Kevin, there is Deflection hate. Certainly I am one of a minority that thinks that Dominate is too strong and that Dominate's power level could be made more comparable to that other disciplines by nerfing Deflection.

Anyway, about the topic. I think that banning Deflection is already a decent idea, and that Fortitude could certainly use something to boost its bleed defense. However, thematically, I don't see how a vampire could use Fortitude to control the actions of another minion.

(Sorry, yes, I know, theme/flavor/RPG content should never, ever intrude on the mechanics of this card game that was created from the whole cloth of Richard Garfield's mind. Nonetheless, that is my assertion.)

I think that Fortitude bleed reduction would make a lot of sense thematically. Your minions make a last-ditch physical sacrifice to protect your resources. Of course, that's what blocking's for, but if Potence has Horseshoes, why not?

How about:
Sensory Shield
Fortitude
Reaction
1 blood
[for] Reduce a bleed against you by 1.
[FOR] Reduce a bleed against you by 2.

Sensory Shield is the name of a level 6 unique Fortitude power from a Gangrel sourcebook. The name carries a flavor similar to that of Telepathic Counter, although the card doesn't really match what Sensory Shield does (a card based on it would probably allow you to get past tapping effects like Sens Dep). Something like Body Shield or Last-Ditch Effort might be more apt titles.

A card like this might make straight Gangrel and Samedi more playable in a heavy bleed environment.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds