file PowerEdge - Variation Edges

16 Jul 2011 00:02 - 16 Jul 2011 00:07 #6360 by Juggernaut1981
This seems to be the best place to include these sorts of ideas.
I've been thinking of this for a while and the ideas have been out there, but I'd be keen to have people think of things related to this and get feedback. If there are more experimental playgroups out there (mine is not as experimental as I'd personally like) maybe they'd be able to playtest them and provide experimental feedback.

Design Thoughts
If you are thinking of designing an 'alternate' edge, then I (and others) think that it should have two effects. One should be worth 1 pool (during the untap) and allow you to retain the edge, the other option allows you to burn the edge for a different effect. I had this idea after I'd drafted at least one of these, but I'm more than happy to take suggestions on more Alternative Edges. This is intended as a VTES Variation and not a change to the base rules of the game.

Additional Rules for Edge Variations or Power Edge
  1. Each player, before commencing the game, may choose to use a Power Edge or the Standard Edge. They will place this card face up on the table and it replaces the Standard Edge; they will not have access to the benefits of the default Edge described in the rule book.
  2. The marker used to represent the Edge should be placed on the card.
  3. Each Power-Edge details its two different uses.

The Power Edges or Edge Variations

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 16 Jul 2011 00:07 by Juggernaut1981.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2011 00:10 #6361 by Juggernaut1981
I was also thinking, along with 'j', that I should Sabbat Politics needed some steroids and that an Edge Variation could provide that kind of roids.
So I thought that one should be to keep your Archbishops safer, since the impression I get is that the Sabbat love their 'disposable minions'. Another would be to have the Sabbat call 'vendettas' on certain vampires controlled by your prey. Another would be to have the Sabbat claim the voting power of those they have put to torpor (or even those they haven't but are willing to claim...)

Crusader's Edge
During your untap phase you may gain 1 pool or add one blood to a titled Sabbat vampire in your uncontrolled region.
Before announcing terms on a political action called by a titled Sabbat vampire you control, you may burn the edge to force all non-Sabbat vampires to abstain during the referendum of this action.

Pack Edge
During your untap phase you may choose a vampire controlled by your prey. Your vampires may enter combat with that vampire as a +1 stealth (D) action that costs 1 blood if you control the Edge.
If an Archbishop, Cardinal or Regent you control is blocked, you may burn the edge and choose a ready untapped Sabbat vampire you control. The chosen vampire enters combat with the blocking minion instead. Untap the Archbishop, Cardinal or Regent.

Notorious Edge
During your untap phase you may put 2 blood on a titled Sabbat vampire you control. This does not count as a Hunting Ground.
During a political action called by one of your vampires you may burn the Edge and choose a titled non-Sabbat vampire in torpor. The acting vampire gains votes equal to the chosen vampire's title during this referendum.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds