compress Rush and tap

16 Jul 2014 21:11 #63740 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Rush and tap

I think rather than a "rush that taps" (or maybe in addition to one), a Master card that says, "At the beginning of combat, tap each vampire involved in that combat", perhaps costing a pool or two, would aid combat decks, perhaps more than it might at first appear.

There is fierce, fierce competition for master card slots. Combat-heavy decks often have to play fewer master cards anyway, because they cycle more cards than many other decks - a single combat can easily be using 4-6 cards, when a bleed might only be using 1 or 2, and if you have the same ratio of master cards to other cards in the deck, you can get a hand stuck with three master cards in it, and no ability to play them, and you really want to see more cards to plan a good combat.

I'd have no objection to the idea being implemented in a different way somehow, but I think a master card would be close to my least favourite. (A "Put this card in play" political action would probably be my absolute least favourite.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2014 02:45 #63742 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Rush and tap
RevRev:
Cel-For-Pot is not the best really for an Anarch card. What seems to be a good way forward would be to pick two clans with at least one overlapping discipline and then choose the disciplines to suit those two.

So for example, I'd consider cel-obf-pot to be a useful trio of disciplines. It covers Bru/!Bru, City Gangrel and Nos/!Nos so could be made to work for a lot more vampires.

Take-down
Action
Requires an anarch vampire.
(D) Tap a ready minion and enter combat with that minion. The acting minion may gain any or all of the following effects if they have the disciplines.
[cel] Gain an optional press in any combat during this action.
[obf] On the first round of combat the opposing minion cannot strike.
[pot] Burn 1 blood to gain +1 strength for the rest of this action.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
17 Jul 2014 11:47 - 17 Jul 2014 11:48 #63745 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Rush and tap

So, its like keystone, but also useable without discipline.....

In a Keystone Kine setup, I might be more interested by say (throwing random disciplines and effects at it):
Big Hard Thumpy Card
Action, Requires an anarch. :pro: and/or :for: and/or :dom: and/or no discipline
(D) Enter combat with a ready minion. If this acting anarch has [dom], tap that minion. If this acting anarch has [for], your hand size is one larger for the duration of that combat. If this acting anarch has [pro], inflict an additional point of damage on that minion when this combat ends.

That is, the tapping could be one of the Keystone Kine effects, it doesn't have to be there at the disciplineliness level.
Last edit: 17 Jul 2014 11:48 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds