file Card Idea: Weekend Anarch

16 Jul 2011 19:01 #6383 by LunaSlave
Here's another one of my wacky ideas. :)

I always thought that the anarchs in the game were too...permanent. In the World of Darkness, there are a lot of "weekenders" who dabble in the anarch movement, but don't really join full time. I thought there should be a card that reflects that... :)

Master. Trifle. Put this card on a ready non-anarch vampire you control. Once per action, this vampire may move 1 blood to this card to become an anarch (and independent) until the end of the action, only usable before the action is announced. If this card has 3 blood, burn this card and this vampire becomes anarch (and independent) and loses any titles he or she has. Burn this card if another effect would make this vampire anarch. A vampire may only have one Weekend Anarch.

The idea is to be able to play anarch without committing to it, and to grant vampires with titles a way to play an anarch card once in a while, while reflecting the greater difficulty they would have in actually becoming anarchs themselves.

Some help templating this would be awesome :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2011 23:21 #7430 by salem
Replied by salem on topic Re: Card Idea: Weekend Anarch
Here's my attempt at tidying up the text and maybe strengthening the effect a little.....

Master. Trifle. Put this card on a ready non-anarch vampire you control. Once per turn, this vampire may move 1 blood to this card to become an anarch (and independent) until the end of the next action. When this card has 3 counters, burn it to make this vampire an anarch (and independent), and this vampire loses any non-anarch title he or she has. Burn this card if another effect would make this vampire anarch. A vampire may only have one Weekend Anarch.

So this way you can move a blood during an action someone else is doing to be an anarch for that action (and the next one). Or you can move a blood before you announce an action to allow you to play an anarch action card. Or you could move a blood mid-action to bust out some surprise anarch combat cards or action modifiers.

--
salem

More
06 Aug 2011 05:57 #7438 by Juggernaut1981
Weekend Anarch
Master. Trifle. Archetype.
Once during between your untap phases, this vampire may burn 1 blood and put 1 counter on this card. For the remainder of the current Methuselah's turn, this vampire is considered to be an Anarch and not of their original sect. When this card has 3 counters the vampire with this card becomes an Anarch and then burn this card.

I think that should cover it. They can activate it in other people's turns, when they do it 3 times they become a permanent anarch. They'll lose any non-anarch valid title anyway because of becoming an anarch. It prevents them from being Anarch and trying to use 2nd Trad etc.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds