file [Submission] Keeper of Tradition (Camarilla reward for playing Traditions)

12 Dec 2014 08:14 - 12 Dec 2014 08:16 #68132 by jamesatzephyr

The basic thing is: Camarilla Prince decks can already be very strong. If this is worth playing, it would make them stronger.

No, because they'll have to add some traditions that weren't there in the first place. And there was a good reason if they weren't there in the first place: the deck was better without them... that's where you hope that adding some copies of Keeper of Tradition is worth the effort.

Including a smattering of borderline cards in order to get permanent +2 bleed and +2 votes on (potentially) more than one vampire is a pretty sizeable pay off. If benefit > cost, the deck gets better. Legendary Vampire sees play in TWDA entries and that has a significant cost (2 pool), and requires a master card slot, and has a very limited window of play, and has a burn clause (not the easiest to burn because it's a vote, but the possibility is there), and is unique - and it's still a very good card, in the right deck. Including a couple of Fourth Tradition compares extremely favourably to that.

On the other hand, if the card makes decks worse, don't print it.
Last edit: 12 Dec 2014 08:16 by jamesatzephyr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2014 09:04 #68133 by Ankha

The basic thing is: Camarilla Prince decks can already be very strong. If this is worth playing, it would make them stronger.

No, because they'll have to add some traditions that weren't there in the first place. And there was a good reason if they weren't there in the first place: the deck was better without them... that's where you hope that adding some copies of Keeper of Tradition is worth the effort.

Including a smattering of borderline cards in order to get permanent +2 bleed and +2 votes on (potentially) more than one vampire is a pretty sizeable pay off. If benefit > cost, the deck gets better. Legendary Vampire sees play in TWDA entries and that has a significant cost (2 pool), and requires a master card slot, and has a very limited window of play, and has a burn clause (not the easiest to burn because it's a vote, but the possibility is there), and is unique - and it's still a very good card, in the right deck. Including a couple of Fourth Tradition compares extremely favourably to that.

On the other hand, if the card makes decks worse, don't print it.

It makes different decks. Are they better or worse? I don't know.
The real question is: "Would it unbalance the game?" I think not.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
12 Dec 2014 09:14 #68134 by Ohlmann
I don't think the cost would weaken significantly a prince deck. Replace govern by tradition and get +2 permanent bleed ? Knock yourself out.

That's why I would advice unique on that.

More
12 Dec 2014 09:21 #68135 by alek
it probably wouldn't create overpowered decks but it's one more good option for princes and justicars and that's not what a game needs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
12 Dec 2014 09:22 #68136 by Ankha

I don't think the cost would weaken significantly a prince deck. Replace govern by tradition and get +2 permanent bleed ? Knock yourself out.

It doens't work like this, superior Govern in an Eurobrujah deck is important.
But it could unique indeed, or limited to 1 per vampire. I's hard to tell without playtest.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
17 Jan 2015 03:22 #68695 by direwolf
Keeping track of which vampire played which card in your ash heap should NEVER be a game mechanic.

If you want a card like that (I do not condone or condemn the need for such a card :P ) I would try something like:

Rules Lawyer
Master. Archetype.
Put this card on a titles Camarilla vampire. At the end of a turn in which this vampire plays a Tradition card, remove the card from the game and add a counter to this card. This vampire may burn X counters for X bleed or votes. A vampire may have only one archetype.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds