file Turn your RPG character into a V:tES card

13 Mar 2015 03:50 #69842 by direwolf
A fun little exercise! Many of you have played the tabletop RPG or the LARP. If not, maybe you played one of the video games.

The goal here is to perhaps add to the V:tES canon. It's a storytelling game! Often, new vampire cards are designed from official World of Darkness sources, whether it be a book from the role-playing game or the many novels.

When you play a role-playing game, you are creating a story with the group of players your storyteller. These characters are in the World of Darkness, who's to say that they can't be a part of the World of Darkness canon? I say, put it out here.

Here's what you could include:

1) write it up like you would a card submission

Name:
Cardtype:
Clan:
Level:
Group:
Capacity:
Discipline:
(Card text)

Art notes:

World of Darkness reference:

How does this card address a compelling game need?:

Created by:

Also, include a couple paragraphs about the character. If your character did something of note in the time you played it, that would reflect a special ability you might have on the card. Certainly a colorful back story will make the character stand out.

I will follow this with a character of my own (or two!)

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2015 03:50 - 13 Mar 2015 04:07 #69843 by direwolf
Guiseppe
Vampire
Malkavian :malk:
Group: TBD
Capacity: :cap7: :DOM: :AUS: :obf: :dem:
Cardtext: Camarilla. Guiseppe gets +2 stealth when bleeding while equipped with an electronic equipment that increases bleed. In the first round of combat against a monster, Guiseppe does not get an initial strike.

Art notes:
An older gentleman in a worn suit wearing large glasses. The figure is in a well organized office, he glows from a computer monitor which can be partially seen reflected in his glasses.

About Guiseppe:
This was a character I played in a LARP for a short bit. He was an old-school Dominate Malkavian. He was a computer scientist and mathematician who used statistical analysis to aid his Prince. His derangements included entering a fugue state when confronted with danger. (I always used Dominate 5: Possession, otherwise known as wearing a ghoul suit.)

This was a fun character to play. He was old school in that he denied the insanity of his clan, and looked down on other Malkavians who reveled in their derangements.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.
Last edit: 13 Mar 2015 04:07 by direwolf.

More
13 Mar 2015 04:27 - 13 Mar 2015 04:35 #69844 by direwolf
Terrance
Vampire
:tore:
Group: TBD
:cap6: :PRE: :cel: :pot: :ser: :vic:
Card text:
Anarch. If Terrance is blocked by a titled Camarilla vampire, burn him. You and Terrance may play cards as if Terrance was a Brujah.

Art notes:
Looks like David Duchuvney in "Californication" hacking away at typrewriter. (his art was writing)

About Terrance:
I played this character for maybe a year in a LARP. It was an Anarch city, where the basic social organization for players was "gangs" that controlled territory within the city.

Terrance's mentor was a Brujah, and a member of a gang that was made up of Brujah and Malkavian pranksters. On top of that, the leader was a Follower of Set (who did remove my heart.) When my character started losing Humanity, he turned to a Tzimisce for help. That's why the whacky discipline spread.

Wouldn't you know it, one of the Camarilla players in the game declared Praxis and claimed the city for the Camarilla. Well, my character had a big mouth and was "silenced" (decapitated) at the Prince's order. It was a good run.

Edit: I have too many fun memories of this character.

Terrance hung out with another player character, a Brujah. They would risk breaking the masquerade by robbing stores for cash and gear. But mostly for the thrills. One time, we worked with a Giovanni player. He had a bunch of zombies he was going to use to confront a threat to the city, so Terrance and his Brujah buddy robbed a sporting goods store and decked out the bunch of zombies with uniforms and baseball bats.

Last edit: 13 Mar 2015 04:35 by direwolf.

More
13 Mar 2015 19:18 #69852 by thelonius reloaded
Name: Thelonius
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Nosferatu

Group: 2
Capacity: 7
Discipline: OBF POT ani for aus
(Card text)
Independent. As a +1 stealth action, Thelonius may become member of any sect. If any of your controlled vampire gains a title, send him to torpor and give that title to Thelonius. Thelonius becomes member of that title's sect (if any).
Art notes: grey skin, very skinny look, tendons and muscles snampping on every move, almost no hair.

About Thelonius:
A long living rpg character, with the bad habit to bring his coterie members near success and then claim that success for his own, mainly getting them screwed somehow.

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy
The following user(s) said Thank You: direwolf

More
14 Mar 2015 06:49 #69853 by Whisker
A table top character I newer got to play. However I fell in love with his back story enough to take him as my handle first on Path of Blood and later on this forum. This character was cooked up when I had already played VtES several years, and reading trough his story you can find some familiar names.

Name: Whiskers, the Beast Ridden
Card type: Vampire
Clan: Gangrel
Group: 3
Capacity: 5
Discipline: cel for obf pro
Camarilla: You and Whisker can play cards requiring Nosferatu as if Whiskers were a member of that clan. +1 strength

Name: Whiskers, the Beast Ridden
Card type: Vampire, advanced
Clan: Gangrel Antitribu (city Gangrel)
Group: 3
Capacity: 6
Discipline: cel for obf pot pro
Advanced. Sabbat: +1 bleed
:merged: : Independent. Anarch.

Story:
Investigating a chain of serious masquerade preaches in Stockholm’s archipelago Nosferatu Ratface found a clueless neonate he first mistook a member of his own clan. A closer look and a frenzy revealed that this was no Nosferatu, but a low humanity Gangrel who in his ignorance and confusion had frenzied so many times he was now uglier than most Nosferatu. Instead of destroying the mongrel, Ratface took pity and brought Whiskers to Stockholm were he slowly retrained the neonate’s humanity. Afterwards Ratface bought a favour from city’s Malkavian prince and adopted Whiskers as a member of his Clan.

Though he was no longer a slavering blood thirsty beast, Whiskers had innate capacity for violence and quickly became a bully and an enforced for his adopted clan. When Prince Greger Andersen disappeared the Nosferatus seized praxis and ruled the city as a council of Primogen. Whiskers saw a lot of action during this time as the Nosferatu used their pet Gangrel to beat down and intimidate their rivals.

When Prince Andersen later returned and took back his throne, Ratface send Whiskers to Helsinki to avoid Prince’s wrath and to gather help from Nosferatu there in order to oust the Malkavian once and for all. Whiskers never returned to Stockholm. While in Helsinki he was revealed to be a Sabbat spy, a charge he denied. Before he was to be executed the Sabbat really did attack.

The city’s kindred fled in panic and Whisker was reunited with his sire Soldat, a Black Hand remover who oversaw the attacking war pack. Soldat revealed that Whisker had been his Machurian candidate, dominated to deliver information and not remembering it. Soldat undid Whisker’s conditioning, introduced him to the war pack and then left to coordinate offensive in some other city. Whisker tried to be a good Sabbat, and partook vauledrie and other ritae, but he soon grew disgusted with the way his new sect mates behaved towards kine. He had almost lost his soul to beast once already and had no desire to do it again.

Helsinki’s surviving Camarilla had definitely told of his betrayal to vampires of Stockholm so he could not return there. Having not much choice he fled Scandinavia altogether, travelling to UK where he joined the local Anarch movement.

Appearance: This guy is a mess. Innumerable frenzies have left him a patchwork of different animal features imposed over wiry human frame. One of his ears is than of a bat’s, the other is pointy and has fluffy hair (a lynx perhaps?). His brows have knitted and one of his eyes is green and has slitted pupil of a snake, while other is striking blue and completely human. Jaw and nose are those of a big predatory cat and he sprouts very distinctive cat whiskers giving him his name. While moving among kine Whiskers uses obfuscate power mask of thousand faces. Most often this is his own faintly remembered mortal guise, tall blonde haired guy with otherwise rather nondescript features.

Art notes basic: close up portrait showcasing his many animal features
Art notes advanced: Whisker is sitting in night time café wearing his disguise, with steaming mug in front of him (untouched). Under the table is lying grumbled form of waitress, blood pooling around her. On window behind Whiskers, a faith reflection of his true monstrous form can be seen.

More
16 Mar 2015 19:16 - 16 Mar 2015 19:22 #69891 by Lenny
For starters, I like creating characters and their stories maybe more than I actually like playing them. I'm one of those players who stay hours and hours on character creation process, and maybe never actually play the character.

I created this vampire for a Cairo by night campaign, that ended shortly after the first session due personal disagreements with the game master (if I remember correctly...). She's still alive (eh, poor choice of words there) for me, so I took advantage of this topic to bring her back!

Her birth name is lost even for herself due to her forgetful and incoherent nature promoted greatly by the clan she was embraced to. She was named Farfalla by her presumably italian sire, who had noticed that "the butterflies seemed to follow her".

To make a long story short, Farfalla was born into a large family somewhere in the arabian peninsula and sold as an assistant and future wife at a very young age to a wandering scholar, who taught her islam and literacy. For a tragic whim of fate the old man was killed and turkish slave traders took hold of the girl, who was already showing promising signs of beauty, obedience and intellect although she seemed not to be altogether "there". As she was able to recite Qur'an almost perfectly, she was a very valuable trade article and was sold only after many months later, when there appeared a suitably rich buyer, a certain eccentric gentleman from the west who was fixated with islamic prophecies.

Farfalla considers the ever-present butterflies as her lost siblings, and talks to them (mostly) in islamic verse. Sometimes they whisper her horrifying tales from beyond but to her they are beloved friends...

And here's the card!

File Attachment:

"Compelling" game need: I need more cute vampires to play with...

Edit: Eh, I can't insert a picture straight from my files.

Baron of Turku

I am love, I am smile /
I am the Earth defiled.
Last edit: 16 Mar 2015 19:22 by Lenny.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds