file Ashur Tablets interaction (Agaitas, the Scholar of Antiquities ADVANCED!)

04 Aug 2011 07:55 - 04 Aug 2011 08:28 #7319 by LunaSlave
There was another thread about killing Ashur Tablets, which I don't like so much. I don't think *hosing* Ashur Tablets is is the right idea. It's a good card, and should remain a good card. It adds something nice to the game. The only real problem that I see with it is availability, not power level, and I think the Liquidation thing is fine, although it is strong.

I think the way to go is just accepting that it's part of the game, and coming up with cool new interactions for it, rather than just punishing decks that do play it.

What about a vampire that does something neat with Ashur Tablets, and makes it a little more difficult for others to play them as well?

a very quick and random idea just off the top of my head. ;)

Agaitas, the Scholar of Antiquities :adv:
:cap6:
Harbingers of Skulls
:hosk:
:AUS: :NEC: :for:

Advanced. Sabbat. Whenever another Methuselah plays Ashur Tablets, place the top two cards of their library face up in front of you. They are considered to be in your hand, to be played or discarded as normal.
:merged: Once per turn, if you play a Master card owned by another Methuselah, gain an additional master phase action.
Group 2

Edit: changed the merged text from "If you play an Ashur Tablets card owned by another Methuselah, gain an additional master phase action." to the above, so it actually does something more with the base vampire without Ashur Tablets having to be at the table.
Last edit: 04 Aug 2011 08:28 by LunaSlave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2011 01:13 #7360 by Adonai

Whenever another Methuselah plays Ashur Tablets, place the top two cards of their library face up in front of you. They are considered to be in your hand, to be played or discarded as normal.

Since they are 'considered to be in your hand', do they count against your hand-size? Do you have to discard down?

More
05 Aug 2011 04:18 #7365 by LunaSlave
I was thinking yes, and for that reason I thought I should actually add a 'you may' clause for the trigger when someone plays an Ashur Tablets.

More
05 Aug 2011 13:44 #7403 by Adonai
Well, still draw them, but if they aren't more beneficial than what is in your hand, discard them.

You'll want more explicit text indicating that the drawn cards count against your hand size.

More
05 Aug 2011 18:29 #7413 by LunaSlave
True. I actually borrowed the wording from regular base Agaitas...shouldn't it be more clear too? :)

Curious to see what you, or others think of the actual card idea.

More
05 Aug 2011 23:06 #7429 by salem
"owned" should be "controlled", as well.

As a side effect he might go well in some sort of crazy contestion deck!

--
salem

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds